Latest PSU headlines:

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    General Manager
    StevenW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Posts
    5,314
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    47,938 (0 Banked)
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation

    Why we have Sponsored Posts on homepage

    Hi all,

    Hope you've had a great Christmas and looking forward to the new year.

    I just wanted to make you all aware that PSU does occasionally feature SPONSORED POSTS. These are paid-for posts by certain companies that help us pay for our hosting and enable staff to go to events so that we can produce up-to-date news.

    These SPONSORED POSTS are not frequent. In 2012, we had four posts of this kind throughout the year and sent out two newsletters that had adverts within them.

    There's currently a SPONSORED POST by Samsung on the main homepage. You'll notice that it clearly states that it's SPONSORED within the headline and confirms that it was sponsored by Samsung at the end. They rarely stay on the homepage for more than one day and then you won't see them again.

    Our staff work tirelessly to make PSU as good as possible and posts like this allow us to improve the site technically and make changes where they're needed. I wanted to make it clear that we have no intention of making this a regular occurrence and that we never have, or would have, videogame-related sponsored posts. These adverts in no way impact on our regular content.

    If anyone has any questions or concerns about this please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll come back to you as soon as possible.

  2. #2
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Posts
    4,129
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    95,216 (4,000 Banked)
    Better let us know when the forum will get finally fixed and will properly function.

  3. #3
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,608
    Rep Power
    125
    Points
    224 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Hi all,

    Hope you've had a great Christmas and looking forward to the new year.

    I just wanted to make you all aware that PSU does occasionally feature SPONSORED POSTS. These are paid-for posts by certain companies that help us pay for our hosting and enable staff to go to events so that we can produce up-to-date news.

    These SPONSORED POSTS are not frequent. In 2012, we had four posts of this kind throughout the year and sent out two newsletters that had adverts within them.

    There's currently a SPONSORED POST by Samsung on the main homepage. You'll notice that it clearly states that it's SPONSORED within the headline and confirms that it was sponsored by Samsung at the end. They rarely stay on the homepage for more than one day and then you won't see them again.

    Our staff work tirelessly to make PSU as good as possible and posts like this allow us to improve the site technically and make changes where they're needed. I wanted to make it clear that we have no intention of making this a regular occurrence and that we never have, or would have, videogame-related sponsored posts. These adverts in no way impact on our regular content.

    If anyone has any questions or concerns about this please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll come back to you as soon as possible.
    no problem mate, that's nice to know and i hope you get even more to do this kind of thing
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  4. #4
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,341
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    36,651 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    You dont need to click them so they're no problem to me.

    (i did click btw )


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  5. #5
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,101
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    517,836 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ok cool. Thanks for the heads up!

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  6. #6
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11,588
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    18,978 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Better let us know when the forum will get finally fixed and will properly function.
    There are threads for this, this isnt one. Let PSU do what they have to do, if these sponsored posts could help make fixes happen faster I say do them more frequently.

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

    PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4


    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  7. Likes Metal King Slime likes this post
  8. #7
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,728
    Rep Power
    188
    Points
    2,835 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I have a feeling that the sponsored posts, which are said to expire the next day, will get more comments than some of the other news articles. =P

    But thanks for letting us know.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-30-2012 at 23:30.

  9. #8
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Time to get paid lol

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  10. #9
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    21
    Posts
    20,713
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    66,144 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think it's stupid tbh, like Cybertox kinda said, why isn't this money being put to use to actually fix the forum? If we actually saw some benefit from it then it'd be fine but right now it just seems like the news section is being used as an advertising platform.

    Considering the forum gets at least 1 mil impressions daily and you have 2/3 banners on each page I fail to see how these costs are not covered already, unless you're getting massively ripped off over your server.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

  11. #10
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,536
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    76,122 (302,302 Banked)
    i don't even read the home page anyways lol so i don't care whats get put up



  12. #11
    PSU Editor-in-chief
    KyleOnTheRun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Posts
    3,599
    Rep Power
    28
    Points
    34,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I have a feeling that the sponsored posts, which are said to expire the next day, will get more comments than some of the other news articles. =P

    But thanks for letting us know.
    Judging by the latest, it seems you're absolutely correct.

  13. #12
    General Manager
    StevenW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Posts
    5,314
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    47,938 (0 Banked)
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    They aren't high paying ads on the community pages, though we're working in 2013 to amend that. There's a list of site-wide issues that we deal with one at a time and we fixed lots of stuff in 2012 and spent money on things like Facebook integration.

    We will bring all these forum issues up at our next meeting shortly and see what can be done to address them. I'll let you know what the outcome is in the next couple of weeks.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.