Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    94 (0 Banked)

    PS Store is overpriced?

    I think a lot of the titles - PS1 and PSP titles made available for Vita are overpriced.
    Currently most of the PS1 titles are priced at a dollar or two on most of the online stores, so unless Sony is provided something extra other than the emulator app on the PS Vita it doesn;t make sense charging us customers extra.

    On top of that the closed platform is limiting any kind of use that the PS Vita could have for gamers. If they had only removed such restriction, developers would have released some top notch apps for this device. I am still waiting for an app that supports DLNA however I do not think Sony will issue a most wanted feature like that any time sooner.

    *Movies are also overpriced considering that you can purchase at 1/10th of the price in a better quality.
    Last edited by brawly; 12-31-2012 at 01:34.

  2. #2
    Superior Member
    MartyRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Posts
    838
    Rep Power
    29
    Points
    103,753 (0 Banked)
    Well when you buy ps1 games online, you run the risk of it being all scratched up and might not even work. Games like ff7 still run on average 20-40$ for a physical. Prices are fair

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

  3. #3
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    94 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    Well when you buy ps1 games online, you run the risk of it being all scratched up and might not even work. Games like ff7 still run on average 20-40$ for a physical. Prices are fair
    The android platform has got better quality than the PS1 games and they are priced lower or even free. I don't mind if Sony puts ads and makes them free.

    Well if Sony would have put something like a multiplayer support for PS1 games, it would have made much more sense however mobile gamers are on a big advantage compared to PS Vita gamers.

    Even new games such as FIFA 13 on the PS Store are 44 quid while on Amazon it is just 15 quid. Its just waste of time that I have to wait a few more days for the delivery rather than download the game straight away when it is available.
    Last edited by brawly; 12-31-2012 at 01:02.

  4. #4
    Superior Member
    MartyRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Posts
    838
    Rep Power
    29
    Points
    103,753 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by brawly View Post
    The android platform has got better quality than the PS1 games and they are priced lower or even free. I don't mind if Sony puts ads and makes them free.

    Well if Sony would have put something like a multiplayer support for PS1 games, it would have made much more sense however mobile gamers are on a big advantage compared to PS Vita gamers.

    Even new games such as FIFA 13 on the PS Store are 44 quid while on Amazon it is just 15 quid. Its just waste of time that I have to wait a few more days for the delivery rather than download the game straight away when it is available.
    It's not like they're forcing you to buy from them and these are big full games you're comparing to cheap pick up and play games

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

  5. #5
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    94 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    It's not like they're forcing you to buy from them and these are big full games you're comparing to cheap pick up and play games
    They are not forcing me but they are not giving me the options to put whatever I want on my device since I own it now. It is totally locked.

    Most of the developers for Playstation Games like Electronic Arts are on the Android market where they are providing the same experience at a lower price.
    Last edited by brawly; 12-31-2012 at 01:26.

  6. #6
    Master Poster
    LfCpS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    10,788 (0 Banked)
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Are you comparing apps to full PlayStation games?

  7. #7
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,634
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    20,611 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You cant compare mobile and non-mobile platforms, mobile games are always cheaper and in general the prices on the PS Store are about the same on other non-mobile platforms.

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  8. #8
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,129
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    19,542 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't think you can attribute paying 5-10 dollars for a PS1 classic as a reason the Vita isn't selling very well. KillingSpree0 is right in that these are full-fledged games (e.g. Final Fantasy IX, Resident Evil 2).
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  9. #9
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    94 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    You cant compare mobile and non-mobile platforms, mobile games are always cheaper and in general the prices on the PS Store are about the same on other non-mobile platforms.
    The PS Vita is technically a mobile device. There are a few portable android based gaming devices and you can run PS games on it.

    They get to save money by extracting their physical copies to isos and using the emulator.

  10. #10
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    94 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I don't think you can attribute paying 5-10 dollars for a PS1 classic as a reason the Vita isn't selling very well. KillingSpree0 is right in that these are full-fledged games (e.g. Final Fantasy IX, Resident Evil 2).
    I din't mention anything about PS Vita selling well or not.
    The thing is due to Sony's control over what and how I can install - it just makes it inconvenient for gamers to go to the store or wait for days for their game cards to be delivered cause Sony would charge me 3 times more for the same item on the PS Store.

  11. Likes kilshaw likes this post
  12. #11
    Master Poster
    LfCpS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    10,788 (0 Banked)
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by brawly View Post
    I din't mention anything about PS Vita selling well or not.
    The thing is due to Sony's control over what and how I can install - it just makes it inconvenient for gamers to go to the store or wait for days for their game cards to be delivered cause Sony would charge me 3 times more for the same item on the PS Store.

    Yes the pricing for games to buy online compared to a physical copy is ridiculous, i mean you would think its cheaper to sell it online...

    Same with the ps3, this is why i DON'T want next gen to be mainly/only DD, they would have too much control over the prices and force people to pay high prices for games. The prices SONY are charging for most games on the PS store are like over 60% more expensive than the physical copy.

    Look at steam, that is how DD should be done.

  13. #12
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    3rd partys set the price on their games, Sony sets the price of their games. They are all responsible for the overpricing

    Having said there are good sales usuall, and some games are priced very fairly

  14. #13
    Elite Guru
    Alpha2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,844
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    2,612 (0 Banked)
    Most "Apps" dont even go through the ESRB rating process so they don't cost as much as games made for actual gaming platforms. If they ever star doing that expect your dollar apps to be just as expensive as PS minis and PS1 games which are generally about the level at which most cell phone games are in comparison to most recent major releases. (heck Syphonfilter on the google play store is like 6 bucks I think I payed no more than 4 for it on PSN.)
    _____________________________________________
    My Comic Publisher - http://www.angryvikingpress.com
    My Comic - http://avpressstaff.dot5hosting.com/hiawg1.html

  15. #14
    Forum Guru
    rbrtchng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,672
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    7,271 (0 Banked)
    The price of psn games are too damn high!

    /runs away

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.