Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

Off Duty Cop kills Gunman saves lives!!!

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story...XyZtufdiA.cspx

SAN ANTONIO - It was not a random, mass-shooting attempt like the ones in Newtown, Connecticut or Aurora, Colorado. We are learning more details about a man who opened fire at a local movie theater, wounding one person. Investigators say that young man was angry after his girlfriend broke up with him.

It happened Sunday night at the Santikos Mayan Palace 14 Theater on Southwest Military just off I-35. There are bullet holes in the exterior of the theater, but the gunman wasn't trying to hit movie-goers. He was apparently targeting some of his co-workers who he had chased out of a restaurant located right across the parking lot.

It could have been a tragedy, if an off-duty Sheriff's Sgt. working security for the theater hadn't taken down the gunman.

The gunman first showed up at the China Garden Restaurant, where investigators say he worked, along with his ex-girlfriend. Workers there were cleaning up shattered glass on Monday afternoon but had no comment.

Investigators believe the gunman chased restaurant employees out a back, side-door, and continued to shoot at them in the parking lot. He also shot through the windshield of an SAPD patrol car that pulled up, but the officer wasn't hit.

At least one restaurant employee ran into the Mayan Palace Theater trying to escape, but the gunman followed.

“We heard shots and right away we took off and hid behind some seats,” said Jessica Bosquez, who was in one of the auditoriums waiting to watch the movie, “The Hobbit”.

The gunman continued firing as he ran through the theater lobby, and movie-goers took cover then ran for the exits.

“We stayed hiding for like, ten minutes, then we saw a woman who hid where we were hiding take off for the exit so we took off too,” said Bosquez.

The gunman, identified as 19-year-old Jesus Manuel Garcia, didn’t appear to be firing indiscriminately. Witnesses saw him chasing someone who ran into the bathroom.

“A lot of people were hiding in the restroom, so I can only imagine the person he was chasing after ran inside the restroom,” said Joseph Monsalvo, who saw the gunman briefly, before running out an exit.

The Bexar County Sheriff's Office says the off-duty sergeant, who was working security, heard the gunshots and came running. She saw the gunman coming out of the men's restroom. The Sheriff’s Office says the gunman did not shoot at her, but his gun was drawn so she opened fire.

That off-duty sergeant, identified as Lisa Castellano, fired four times, wounding the gunman. Only one other person was wounded, a 49-year-old man inside the theater, who was hit by one of the gunman's shots. Both are expected to recover.

Investigators say about 30 rounds were fired. It’s unclear why the break-up with his girlfriend caused the man to go after his co-workers. Investigators haven’t ruled out a love-triangle involving someone else at the restaurant.
    I thought about saying this is pro gun owners, and this is for banning guns, but after I thought about it there was to many variables we all could make up to go in our favor so just thought I would say good for that cop and why did the media not post this?
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Unbound Mercenary
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Because the media (besides fox), wants everyone to believe that guns should be banned, and that no good will come of them. If the dipshits that support banning guns had their way, this might not have been averted, and then the media would have reported on it.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    so far the banning on guns in canada is working

but banning guns in usa now after 100 years allowing them won't do anything
    Last edited by -Dj-; 12-31-2012 at 04:22.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    http://www.woai.com/news/local/story...XyZtufdiA.cspx

I thought about saying this is pro gun owners, and this is for banning guns, but after I thought about it there was to many variables we all could make up to go in our favor so just thought I would say good for that cop and why did the media not post this?
    i think i may just be that it was an off duty cop who happened to be working security. The last security officer in the news killed a woman at walmart this is just someone who did thier job correctly. Now had this had been a plain clothes civilian who stopped the shooter and made a citizens arrest then it would be one hell of a story. This still may hit the news though its the first im hearing of it and i havemt seen the news all day. that being said i dont know if its been on or not.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We don’t want to do a PS3 game," or "It’s really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Damn thats some crazy $#@!. Good call on the cop.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Too bad the cop didn't kill the $#@!er.

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    Too bad the cop didn't kill the $#@!er.

Tap-a-hoe
    the important thing is that the cop did her job correctly and no one was killed. 9 tomes out of 10 if you point a gun at a cop youre going to die.
    Last edited by hood; 12-31-2012 at 04:54.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We don’t want to do a PS3 game," or "It’s really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I guess he got a Call OFF Duty.

9. Likes Molo316 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Good thing that off duty cop was there and armed!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage

Leave it to a $#@! to complicate lives and push a man over the edge. If that hoe cheated, she deserves what the man was trying to bring her. This wasn't a mass shooting so my typical response isn't necessary, nor does it apply. On another note, if you're gonna kill someone, wait patiently and single them out before squeezing the trigger. She must have done something to deserve him coming after her.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Leave it to a $#@! to complicate lives and push a man over the edge. If that hoe cheated, she deserves what the man was trying to bring her. This wasn't a mass shooting so my typical response isn't necessary, nor does it apply. On another note, if you're gonna kill someone, wait patiently and single them out before squeezing the trigger. She must have done something to deserve him coming after her.
    Yeah $#@!es be crazy!
    Is your real name Vernon Raptor or T Rex?

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Yeah $#@!es be crazy!
    Is your real name Vernon Raptor or T Rex?
    T Rex of course.

Thread Information