Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    solid_sneek
    The memory for me was getting San Andreas. I played it Christmas Day none stop till my fingers bled he turned into a huge buff Jamaican!

solid_sneek

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    Some great responses. I think we'll have to choose more than two!

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2, what can be better than drive a Lamborghini in time trial mode during sunset on the traditional island map. Fantastic memories...

PSN ID
    Mansonite6669
    When I got Silent Hill 2. One of the best games that I've ever played. The story is amazing, the characters are memorable, the game play is perfect, etc. It just brings in a lot of nostalgia. Even though horror games freak me the $#@! out, I absoloutely loved this game. I recommend it, very much so.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    my first game on ps2 was gta vice city the good old day
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Looking forward to reading the article, StevenW.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    my greatest times was when i was playing gta 3, gta vice city, gta san andreas and metal gear

these games were so epic and amazing... I loved every moment and still play them to this day on my old console and would never change that feeling of awsomeness

a bravo bravo to the good old days
    Last edited by claud3; 01-03-2013 at 23:58.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

Devil May Cry 3. My first PS2 game, and will always stay my favorite.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    GTA: san andreas

Timesplitters 2/3

Scarface: TWIY

Godfather 1

Pro evo 6

These were my main games i played a lot of, all fantastic games.

for me, I got to play a KH game on my cousin's but not mine. When I got one, I can finally play the whole game of KH

Veteran
    I remember when FFX first game out on Ps2 a friend of mine got it on release day and played it for like 2-3 days straight until we beat it.

We took shifts sleeping

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Many great times with the ps2, though it is a bit of cheating since I was a student abroad at the time.

Best moments include two friends, GTA Vice City and a bong. Other moments a friend, GT3 and hours of trying to break each other's record with the F1.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Apprentice
    I think my best PS2 memory, would be when I would stay up all night playing SOCOM II: U.S NAVY SEALS. One the greatest games to ever come out for the PS2. I would spend hours and hours just playing. I really miss those days. I still have 2 cases that I bought back in 2003.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Items Linkin ParkUser name style
    My best memories is when i'd go to my friends house to play his ps2 ( i didnt have one at the time) and we used to have such a good time together. We would stay up late too playing against each other, or i'd watch him play games. I eventually bought my own cause i liked the ps2 so much

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    My greatest memories and moments on the PS2 involved Driv3r, GTA Vice City, and to some extent Burnout 3: Takedown. Notice that these games are all free-roam sandbox and driving games. Driv3r was the first game on the PS2 that I played with a free-roam experience. I recall the anticipation I had years beforehand of playing this type of game on the PS2. I then rented the game in the summer of 2004 and ended up playing it for days non-stop. I became totally engrossed in exploring the city and messing around. Miami is my favorite city in these free-roam games so the beauty of these environments just had me. After hours of playing Driv3r, I loved the motorcycles so much that I dismissed the cars!

GTA Vice City was a different story. I first played it back in 2004 and then last February (2012) I got it and then finally beat it. This game had to be the funniest game I have ever played, I doubt I have played a game that made me laugh as much as Vice City did. My favorite things in the game were the storyline, vigilante side-mission, and general chaos that would ensue. The hardest part of the game for me overall (other than collecting the 100 hidden packages or getting all the unique stunt jumps) was the vigilante side-mission (without the Hunter or Tank). The level of entertainment that both Driv3r and Vice City provided was insane. There would be long hours I would play and still not get everything I wanted to do done. One session was 9 hours long, I remind you that I don't play as much as I use to and there was a 2.5 year period where I barely played any video games at all. I am currently writing a review for this game.

The last one is Burnout 3: Takedown. I first saw a video review of this game and was amazed at the incredible speeds your vehicle would look to be going within the environment. I rented it and was hooked and played it for days on end as well. This game had an arcade racing experience that had never been done before. The game makes you feel like your racing at a zillion miles per hour. I didn't know the PS2 was able to produce such a gameplay experience. I have been exploring the game further using a cheat device recently and it turns out that the game speed can go even faster than it does already. You can get up to around 700 mph or so (about 5X the maximum speed under normal conditions before the game lags and chokes) and the game can go so fast that all you see is the crash afterwards! Burnout Revenge is also amazing.

I noticed some responses in this thread have said that GTA Vice City was their first game on the PS2. Based on my experiences, I believe it is the best game to play on the PS2 first overall.

I hate Opera, I just wrote yesterday a 3 paragraph long response in this thread and when I clicked to submit, PSU forums did something dumb and didn't allow for it to be posted (I was still logged in)...and then Opera's foolishness came in and didn't bring back my text when I hit the back button...Firefox and some other browsers have been doing that for years now. Its 50% both parties fault.

The board tried to screw me over again when I submitted this message again, this time I was prepared for the BS. This is the message notice: "Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded. Please push the back button and reload the previous window." - This message is false.

FFX was the best FF of all the FF games on the PS2. I had many great memories with that game. My lil sis was always near me when playing and she was entertained as much as I was (hope they make the FFXIV good as the FFX)

PSN ID
    xDarkSlayer224x
    It's a close one for me. Opening and firing up the original Kingdom Hearts on my birthday was definitely the greatest memory from the PS2 days for me. Jak II is a close second.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    GTA 4, Vice City, and San Andres. also FFX. I still reminisce sometimes. somehow modern games lost that "magic".

Thread Information