Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Master Guru
    As someone who's been playing games for over 20 years i never really found games that hard to begin with.

Most games offer somewhat of a challenge on hard today. Like Call of Duty on Veteran, i don't know if it was hard or just frustrating but it definitely wasn't a breeze.

Super Elite
    I think some games now a days are easy compared to the games back in the days, I'm guessing that has to do with them trying to please the casual players. As for less awarding, hell yeah. I remember back in the days having to look forward to finding out what I could unlock/surprises after beating the game, but now, what we get after is having to pay for DLC.

3. Likes DarkVincent07 wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by rycexboi View Post
    I think some games now a days are easy compared to the games back in the days, I'm guessing that has to do with them trying to please the casual players. As for less awarding, hell yeah. I remember back in the days having to look forward to finding out what I could unlock/surprises after beating the game, but now, what we get after is having to pay for DLC.
    That's something I really do miss. Not concept art or some lame icon, real unlocks like modes, extra characters, whatever. Definitely does feel less rewarding when most games only offer an achievement/trophy for playing through the game.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    solid_sneek
    I don't believe so. I think you look at a game like uncharted for example very unpredictable. I do however sometimes pick up a game and think really? This is it?!

solid_sneek

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    I think the reason why many games have a variety of different difficulty levels is to cater for everyone. I play a lot of games and I like to finish games regardless of whether I'm enjoying them or not. I often play a game on the easiest difficulty level and then if I like it play it again on the harder difficulty.

I think there's plenty of games out there that offer real challenge, but sometimes it's quite nice just to be able to breeze through.

PSN ID
    Mansonite6669
    Yeah, if you want the game to be difficult, just set the difficulty level to the highest setting. For the game Blazblue, I thought it was quite easy at first...then I set it to like...a brutal difficulty. It's like it was a whole new game.

Super Elite
    The thing is, I don't want to amp up the difficulty to make it stupid challenging, like having overpowered ai that knows your every move or wall hacks. I don't really know how to explain it but games back then didn't need high difficulty to be hard

PSN ID
    Rukusho
    I agree with the DLC comment DLC's sucked the fun out of games I remember playing street fighter and beating arcade in a special way to unlock chars now we get colors or useless crap, and now we have to pay 5.99 or 19.99 to get chars that should already be in the game..

10. Likes playstationfreak90 wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Well not really easier but a lot less rewarding in my opinion. Rewards are one of the main motivators of the game.

Dedicated Member
    Ive found with most games that the AI has been subpar.. I usually ramp up to the highest difficult to increase game time/value and therefor makes it more rewarding. Although sometimes you want that kick everythings *** no problem game sesh
    Six Years With PSU!~ Favourite Games of all Time~ Smash Bros, Spyro, GTA series and Elder Scrolls Series
    Add me on PSN FOXY007 OR Steam psn_foxy007
    My Hardware~ Sony Bravia 240hz 3D 40".. Ps3 Slim250gig and Sony Bravia Surround Sound 5.1
    PC- i7 3930k|gtx670|8g ram|2T HDD|Bluray disc drive

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I agree, games have gotten more easy and less rewarding...well, technically you do get more unlocks but the satisfaction isn't there because these games hold your hand most of the way and require less thought process.

Items Deadmau5
    Difficulty isn't the only avenue towards player satisfaction. But yes, for games where a challenge seems necessary for the world to make sense, I typically have to choose the highest difficulty offered.

Thread Information