Latest PSU headlines:

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

Error game downloads

I have downloaded multiple of games online as of late. Every game that i have downloaded, except person 3, has had a error. I just finished downloaded san adreas and it let me get to the load up screen. However, if then kicked me back to the menu and said it the data was corrupt as the other have said. I have deleted some of them and re downloaded them and it still says the same message!

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Are you getting error codes? And if so, which ones? The error you seem to have isn't too uncommon. There could be issues with your HDD. The game files may not be downloading/installing properly. A system restore might fix your issue, but obviously back up your files to something else because it will wipe it clean. It may fix your issue.

Master Guru
    The error code is 80029564. It usually fails at 14 percent. If it does finish downloading and i try to play it, then it shows the code.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Hmm, is you ps3 hooked up to the internet via wireless or wired? Try wired (Ethernet) if not. Another issue, do you have any firewalls enabled on your router?
    If all else fails, some people say they fix the issue by not selecting background download and just letting it be. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Sir_Scud; 01-03-2013 at 22:10.

Master Guru
    It's wireless but my wired cord is at my Cousin's house.I have too many games to let it stay in normal downloads though. It let me play persona 3 but not any other game.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    TCP Ports: 80, 443, 465, 983, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
    UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070

If you do some port forwarding, these are the ports for PSN. This could potentially help. Also, disable any firewalls set from your router.

Fact that it stop at 14% or even finishes says that while downloading something gets corrupted. Something is going on with your internet connection.

I take it this has been going on for awhile?

Master Guru
    I'll give it a try then.Plus rep for now

8. Likes Sir_Scud wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information