Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Mario is the Bad Guy

Mario is the Bad Guy

I’ve been thinking about Nintendo a lot, and while I’ve previously made it clear that I don’t hate them, I still find a few things a little suspect. It has the same relationship with third-party developers that I do with attractive single women. It relies on gadget gimmickry slightly more often than Batman crossed with Inspector Gadget, with a liberal sprinkling of every Modern

Warfare
    protagonist. But, most of all, it has spent the last 200 games and 31 years making you believe that you were playing a hero. That’s right: Mario, the plumber we all know and love, is a villain.

Behold! Its true form!

Don’t get your Mario-branded knickers in a twist, fanboys. I’ve got proof. First, let’s take a look at our principal characters, Mario and Bowser, side by side for a moment. Bowser is a giant turtle-dragon that owns land, is a king, can breathe fire, and is actually three-dimensional. Mario is a plumber that never plumbs. Bowser builds and maintains seven labyrinthine, booby trap-ridden castles for Mario to jump through. Mario can go through

pipes. Even on paper, Bowser is clearly superior to Mario. But there’s more.Bowser is in love with Peach. What? You thought he was going to do something evil, like consume her peachy flesh? Nope. He loves her. Bowser says as much in Super Mario Sunshine and the straight-to-video Japanime The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach. He kidnaps her because he

can think of no other way to express his love. He’s like an extremely competent Lenny from Of Mice and Men.One might argue that Mario is superior due to his perpetual victory over

Bowser. But does Mario really win? If so, how does Bowser continually rally enough troops (er, troopas) to form armies (er, armoopas?) to divide up the kingdom in seven parts and build all of those hazardous precision-platforming mazes for Mario?Stepping away from Bowser,

when we first meet Mario in Donkey Kong, what is he doing? Jumping over barrels and climbing ladders to rescue his girlfriend, Pauline. Nope, it’s not Peach. After the first game Mario ditches his working-class paramour Pauline for the rich and empty-headed Peach.

Mario lets Peach get kidnapped over and over again because he finds a sick thrill in rescuing her from Bowser. Bowser is just trying to protect the woman that he loves. For that matter, he protects all of the Mushroom Kingdom! It’s established in Super Mario Bros. that Bowser

turns all of the citizenry of the Mushroom Kingdom into inanimate objects. Every cloud, tree, and, yes, BRICK, is a sentient being. And Mario ruthlessly stomps on them all for coins and mushroom power-ups.
    If you listen closely, you can hear them weep for their lost children.

And what about the Yoshis? Mario would have you believe that Bowser cruelly imprisons the Yoshis inside their eggs, but in reality, he is protecting them from Mario AND protects the entire ecosystem by humanely detaining a creature that can eat anything and everything, and quite often does! Mario would turn them into service animals when it’s clear that Yoshis are smart enough to drive go-karts and attend parties and smash brothers!

Of course, there’re also the events of Donkey Kong Jr. Yes, I realize I’m spending a lot of time in the Jumpman era. Shut up. In Donkey Kong Jr., you play as Kong’s son on a quest to rescue his father from — you guessed it — the tyrannical plumber himself.

zThe true hero!

There’s also the part in Sunshine where Bowser tells Bowser Jr. that Peach is his mother and Peach says nothing to deny it. There’s also the argument that Mario only ever actually saved Peach once, then performed it onstage, and has been dreaming about it ever since. But I feel I’ve made my point. Feel free to draw your Mario-branded rapiers, fanboys. En garde!
    http://www.gamers-association.com/20...s-the-bad-guy/

i do not want this to be true, since i was just a young puppy when i played my first mario game back in 1988
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    The guy who wrote this sounds like a big douchebag tbh.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

3. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Lmfao he does make valid points mario does do mushrooms. Drugs are bad mkay!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    so what do you think, was or is mario a bad guy and lied to us for decades
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

7. Likes Sir_Scud likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    you see why we need you in threads like this mate.... You speak from a movie prespective

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Mario is the stone cold of the gaming world

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I posted this on my facebook a while back:

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Okay, you can say Mario does mushrooms, but what lead him to it? Well, that's aa easy one and i'll be glad to enlighten you. If you saved a woman, Peach, a million times and never got laid, would you be happy? It's clear, at least to me, that Mario went into a depression because of Peach. The only thing that could make him feel better was doing drugs and mushrooms which just happened to be a superior drug in his world. His brother, luigi, tried to hep but ultimately he failed. He tried to get him help but Mario distanced himself into his own little world. So that's why all of the games they come out with are about his past. There's nothing fresh because Mario has died Spirituality! All in all if anyone is Evil then it's Peach for destroying Mario's pride!

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    First thing I thought about when I read the title.

Master Guru
    For a second there i thought this was a new game called Mario is Evil or something.

That would be awesome. Throw all your child hood memories out the window. Mario is really a bad ass mofo and he hates you and everything in his path.

14. Likes MartyRules likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    The guy who wrote this sounds like a big douchebag tbh.
    Yes he does.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    If you lived in that crazy world called the mushroom kingdom you would do drugs too lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    If you lived in that crazy world called the mushroom kingdom you would do drugs too lmao
    "I can resist all besides temptation" "Oscar Wilde"

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Thread Information