Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

God of War is great and all but would you purchase a Kinetica sequel/reboot?

I don't know if anyone remembers it but Kinetica was SCE Santa Monica Studios' first video game, released a year into the PS2's lifecycle.

Admittedly, I never played the full game. Only the demo. I don't know how many copies it sold (doesn't look it was a success) but it got generally favorable reviews and averaged a 77/100 on Metacritic.

Anyways, I got to thinking how badass the game would be if the God of War development studio were to work on a sequel/reboot. I think they're much more experienced and it wouldn't hurt Sony to market another racing title, whether it be for the PS3, Vita or PS4. What do you think?
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-04-2013 at 21:27.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Something like that for the Vita would be fantastic.

I love those style of games and the Vita needs more original titles. They shouldn't be afraid to take a risk

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Something like that for the Vita would be fantastic.

I love those style of games and the Vita needs more original titles. They shouldn't be afraid to take a risk
    I don't know if they're still collaborating with Team Ico on The Last Guardian but as far as their own projects are concerned, I think most people would want to see a new IP from them after God of War: Ascension.

So it doesn't even have to be a sequel/reboot to Kinetica but they wouldn't be new to the racing genre if they considered making a racing game.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-05-2013 at 02:17.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Yeah I completely agree with you Blacksite. I'm in the same boat as you on this one. I never played the full game of Kinetica but I must have played the demo seriously 100 times. Too young and too broke to buy it. I personally want Santa Monica to step away from GOW for a little while. Not saying completely do away with it but I think the current era of Kratos honestly is over and stale in my eyes. I think it would be nice for them to step away and work on something fresh and outside the hack and slash genre. Yes Kinetica would be a great game to do that with.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Yeah I completely agree with you Blacksite. I'm in the same boat as you on this one. I never played the full game of Kinetica but I must have played the demo seriously 100 times. Too young and too broke to buy it. I personally want Santa Monica to step away from GOW for a little while. Not saying completely do away with it but I think the current era of Kratos honestly is over and stale in my eyes. I think it would be nice for them to step away and work on something fresh and outside the hack and slash genre. Yes Kinetica would be a great game to do that with.
    I agree. Every GOW game is great don't get me wrong, but when you boil it down they are all pretty much the same and none do anything particularly different from another. if there was any series that was "you play one you play them all" its GOW. Saying that I am a fan, but would love some more risk taking

6. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Kinetica was awesome! I still have it two. If only they would make another, or something along those lines I'd be first in line for it!

Veteran
    Kinetica is one of my favorite PS2 games. In fact, I might play it right now.

It got old after awhile, as most racers do, but it always kept me coming back after a long time of not playing it. It's just a really cool, unique, stylish racer that still isn't like any other racers I've played. The design was also innovative in that the people are the cars and the tracks changed orientations several times in the middle of a race. It's just a really fun pick-up-and-play sort of game. It's great on console, but for that reason, it would also be perfect for Vita.

I would definitely purchase a Kinetica sequel or reboot. I'd be more interested in a sequel since some elements had room for improvement. And an improved Kinetica would be amazing.
    Last edited by Bio; 01-05-2013 at 16:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Thread Information