Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,767
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    84,618 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Has anyone been getting a 80029564 error when installing lately?

    Over the past few weeks I've downloaded 2 demos both getting the same error listed above during install. It's apparently pretty common but I've never had it happen before until recently. I've read some stories saying that it's simply fixed by not downloading in background. The two demos it has happened with are DMC and NFS most wanted 2. It always seems to happen at 14% of the install.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  2. #2
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,322
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    30,849 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Over the past few weeks I've downloaded 2 demos both getting the same error listed above during install. It's apparently pretty common but I've never had it happen before until recently. I've read some stories saying that it's simply fixed by not downloading in background. The two demos it has happened with are DMC and NFS most wanted 2. It always seems to happen at 14% of the install.
    I got a similar error while on the store whenever I selected something.
    had to re select 5 time in a row sometimes

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,767
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    84,618 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm redownloading NFS right not in background. It says installing so seems to have fixed it. I don't like this new store BS!




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  4. #4
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,322
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    30,849 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Sony really need to sort out some of their online stuff. I expect a much improved store and online ecosystem for ps4

  5. #5
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Sony really need to sort out some of their online stuff. I expect a much improved store and online ecosystem for ps4
    Well tbh with a free online service Sony has no real incentive to bring you those things. You get what you pay for.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,767
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    84,618 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Well tbh with a free online service Sony has no real incentive to bring you those things. You get what you pay for.
    Very true I just didn't see the point of the store remodel. Not to mention is 10x slower than before. Just seemed a bit unnecessary to me.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  7. #7
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,322
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    30,849 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Well tbh with a free online service Sony has no real incentive to bring you those things. You get what you pay for.
    I mostly meant that for the store since its a slow to the point of annoyance right now. And they don;t NEED an incentive to fix the store. It's what EXPECTED of them.

  8. #8
    Master Guru
    TDbank24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,766
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    37,400 (0 Banked)
    I haven't seen that error yet.


  9. #9
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I mostly meant that for the store since its a slow to the point of annoyance right now. And they don;t NEED an incentive to fix the store. It's what EXPECTED of them.
    You can EXPECT all you want but its a free service so Sony doesnt have to do anything.

  10. #10
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,322
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    30,849 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    You can EXPECT all you want but its a free service so Sony doesnt have to do anything.
    That's simply incorrect. Apple provides the app store for 'free', same with google play. We are providing sony business for USING their store so they OWE us, the customers. For sony to charge for the store is like a shopkeeper charging people just to enter his shop. It should be the other way around where a shopkeeper makes his shop most 'welcoming' for the customer.

    You're using a backwards argument that works for the actual online play and other online functionalities (cloud saves etc), but not the actual 'store'.
    Last edited by Itachi; 01-08-2013 at 00:23.

  11. Likes Admartian , Nitey likes this post
  12. #11
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    That's simply incorrect. Apple provides the app store for 'free', same with google play. We are providing sony business for USING their store so they OWE us, the customers. For sony to charge for the store is like a shopkeeper charging people just to enter his shop. It should be the other way around where a shopkeeper makes his shop mostly 'welcoming' for the customer. You're using a backwards argument that works for the actual online play and other online functionalities (cloud saves etc), but not the actual 'store'.
    Right. And the Store involves money for Sony and so thats why it will most likely get fixed. Thats called incentive. And with big corporations the incentive is always money. Btw the store has been working great for me. I only had a problem one time otherwise all good.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-07-2013 at 08:12.

  13. #12
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,322
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    30,849 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Right. And the Store involves money for Sony and so thats why it will most likely get fixed. Thats called incentive. And with big corporations the incentive is always money. Btw the store has been working great for me. I only had a problem one time otherwise all good.
    I never said the store was bad, just got annoyed since psn seems to have these errors every now and again. When you compare it to say steam, which has 3x better cloud functionalites for NO cost, its easy to see why sony should improve.

    As you said, its all incentive, and I don't think in such a overly saturated market sony can afford to lose people now.
    Last edited by Itachi; 01-07-2013 at 17:13.

  14. #13
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    never said the store was bad, just got annoyed since psn seems to have these errors every no and again. When you compare it to say steam, which has 3x better cloud functionalites for NO cost, its easy to see why sony should improve. As you said, its all incentive, and I don't think in such a overly saturated market sony can afford to lose people now.
    I totally agree with you there.

  15. #14
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,767
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    84,618 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Right. And the Store involves money for Sony and so thats why it will most likely get fixed. Thats called incentive. And with big corporations the incentive is always money. Btw the store has been working great for me. I only had a problem one time otherwise all good.
    It's almost always slow as a snail for me. I know is not my net because i get downloads consistently above 1 mb/s. Its just finicky. Sometimes the pages won't even load and i have to reload the store. I think it was noble to try something new but in my experience it has brought nothing but problem. But hey it does look cool.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  16. #15
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    It's almost always slow as a snail for me. I know is not my net because i get downloads consistently above 1 mb/s. Its just finicky. Sometimes the pages won't even load and i have to reload the store. I think it was noble to try something new but in my experience it has brought nothing but problem. But hey it does look cool.
    Yeah I like the new look too but not at the cost of functionality.

  17. #16
    Master Guru
    Silvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,100
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    28,043 (31,233 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    I was getting these. I called Sony and a woman helped me through it. I cut my playstation off and then i push the button until it beeped three times. It will cut off automatically cut off at three beeps. You do the same thing except next you will hear 3 very fast beeps. I restored my file system and i put my back into factory condition. Now i have downloaded war of the monsters with no issues that i was having previously.

    Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

  18. Likes PS4freak likes this post
  19. #17
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,767
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    84,618 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Thanks man I'll try that.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.