Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    In terms of playing pc games on the go. I wish Razer released the Switchblade!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    really really cool video

i am into this big time. so any other news on this
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Yeah it is going to be interesting but then it brings back to my point of I have my collection of Steam games on both my desktop and laptop. I'm not sure what time I would want to use this over my laptop. Maybe in bed as I don't like using my laptop in my bed.

You nailed it though. The tegra 4 should be powerful enough to be able to emulate Gamecube games at least so it would get a lot of use as a portable emulator.
    I can see myself laying down on a couch and playing Borderlands 2 or Skyrim easily.. I'd play more games if devs WERE TO IMPLEMENT PROPER AIM ASSIST FOR GAMEPADS IN THEIR @#$@%@^ GAMES. For instance, they advertise Battlefield 3 as part of the "supported" line up for this device- but I own it on PC and I can tell you for a fact that using a controller without any kind of aim assist is going to get your ass devastated online.

Hopefully they will fix some of this.

Also, I did some digging on this.. And I have some bad news (well not for me). Part of the reason the streaming tech is possible with the claimed delay time of roughly an HD TV (meaning you won't be able to tell you're streaming your game from your PC via WiFi) is due to some of the goodies they've packed into their GTX 600 series, namely H.264 video compression and streaming on the fly from within the GPU.

Nvidia is putting together a special software package that isn't just a typical "screen sharing" service. So this device will marry perfectly to your PC for content so long as you have a GTX 650 or above.

Min requirements:

GTX 650
    i5 Intel CPU (or equiv, I think)
    Windows 7 or above.

I got a GTX 670 FTW edition, so I'm ok.. But alot of people on the 500 series GPU's won't be able to use this awesome little device.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 01-07-2013 at 21:49.

Ultimate Veteran
    Better quality video from nvidia:

Don't really care about what's under the hood though. Better questions are how much it'll cost and what games it'll offer that you can't already find on other platforms.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Sage
    @Vulgotha, looks like i'm SoL until later in the year then.

It could be really good but until they announce a price, i'm sceptical. I don't think i would want to pay any more than Ł250/$400 and even that seems like an absurd amount of money for something like this.

@Claud, unfortunately they aren't making it. It was just a concept. They use similar technology in their Razer Blade what is a full on 17" (overpriced) laptop
    Last edited by BBK..; 01-07-2013 at 22:11.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Watching some previews i must say i am more impressed, enough to make me stall on my VITA purchase a little longer.

Though i am also kinda disappointed, from what i have seen it seems you have to turn on and run the game you want to play ( so borderlands 2 will be on your PC, being played basically) on your PC like normal, meaning while i can "game" in another room, i have to still leave my PC on, plus i wont be surprised if you have to be close to the PC for it to work lag free. I may be wrong, but that is what i seen in the CNET preview.

Outside of these steam streaming, i have 0 interest, andriod games are just 2 minute games for me and most of them suck anyway. If it gets properly support, which i cannot see happening yet, i think i may just go for the VITA.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Better quality video from nvidia:

Don't really care about what's under the hood though. Better questions are how much it'll cost and what games it'll offer that you can't already find on other platforms.
    None. Ever. Its 'pure andorid' and PC streaming.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I can see myself laying down on a couch and playing Borderlands 2 or Skyrim easily.. I'd play more games if devs WERE TO IMPLEMENT PROPER AIM ASSIST FOR GAMEPADS IN THEIR @#$@%@^ GAMES. For instance, they advertise Battlefield 3 as part of the "supported" line up for this device- but I own it on PC and I can tell you for a fact that using a controller without any kind of aim assist is going to get your ass devastated online.

Hopefully they will fix some of this.

Also, I did some digging on this.. And I have some bad news (well not for me). Part of the reason the streaming tech is possible with the claimed delay time of roughly an HD TV (meaning you won't be able to tell you're streaming your game from your PC via WiFi) is due to some of the goodies they've packed into their GTX 600 series, namely H.264 video compression and streaming on the fly from within the GPU.

Nvidia is putting together a special software package that isn't just a typical "screen sharing" service. So this device will marry perfectly to your PC for content so long as you have a GTX 650 or above.

Min requirements:

GTX 650
    i5 Intel CPU (or equiv, I think)
    Windows 7 or above.

I got a GTX 670 FTW edition, so I'm ok.. But alot of people on the 500 series GPU's won't be able to use this awesome little device.
    These shoudl eb able to work on your lap and offer as good as if not better aim than a mouse. I have seen a few players usign trackballs and their aim was impeccable.

Last edited by keefy; 01-08-2013 at 14:02.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I'd imagine if the thing sells decently they might make some future tegrazone games require you to have the Shield. Doubt it though, as it makes no sense from a business point of view

I'm due a phone upgrade in March/April and will probably get the best android phone avaialble at the time, it makes little sense for those with more than capable smart phone to splash Ł200-Ł300 on something like this just to be able to use buttons/analogs. Okay, it does make some sense, as many cant stand touch games, but this thing will cost a lot

The most notable feature is streaming from your desktop, that's $#@!ing awesome. I love playing my Vita in bed and if I could stream my PS3 games (with minimal lag) to the handheld, that would be a dream come true. Hoping for PS4 to do this

Anyway, it's a cool device but I'm not sure how many people will really believe they need one or want one

Veteran
    You can already get the equivalent experience with this:

The power and resolution are determined by whatever your Android phone is. The PS3 Dual Shock controller with Bluetooth support is built into Android now and most games are supporting remapping native or with a utility.

http://buy.thegameklip.com/products/gameklip-casemount
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

PSU Technical Advisor
    But you cannot interface with your PC games in the same way. The Kepler GPU's from Nvidia have very robust h.254 encoding.. Coupled with the fact that both the GPU and the handheld device are made by Nvidia (along with the software) and you have a very cohesive, lag free, experience.

Remote desktop apps simply cannot compete. Not with the same kind of performance (good audio, 720p, minimal lag, etc).

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Kinda pointless imo.
    If i want to play android games i use my phone or a tablet (on the Couch).

Tapatalkin'

Thread Information