Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    That's what I think too Blacksite. Like Two4DaMoney says though, launching in the US would probably be better

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I suspect a reveal this year and a 2014 early release.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    That's what I think too Blacksite. Like Two4DaMoney says though, launching in the US would probably be better
    Well, if you look at the PS3's launch, it was the PAL region that suffered a long delay. There's only a 5-day difference between the US and Japan. I think most people would argue that it was the PS3's initial high cost and lack of marketing (especially in the states) that affected its performance.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-13-2013 at 04:25.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

PSN ID
    Glaedr-Oromis
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    If it is the PS4, a real "leak" WILL happen
    Yes, I know this quote is two weeks old but I want to address it somewhat anyway.

I think that they will release the PS4 in November. Their is no real reason for them to hold off any longer. The faster they release their Consoles the sooner they make millions of dollars. This is just my own opinion but to the issues of "leaks"...I don't have any proof but I think some are intentionally released by the companies. I know it's unlikely but look at all leaks. Whether it is about Consoles, games, features, dates overall across the industry there's hundreds. I'm sure a good number of people want to release it to the press but that many people won't want to lose their jobs after breaking NDA's. Leaks, whether intentional or not builds hype and possible sales. Profit is something the developers want. The more hype the better for them.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeles View Post
    Yes, I know this quote is two weeks old but I want to address it somewhat anyway.

I think that they will release the PS4 in November. Their is no real reason for them to hold off any longer. The faster they release their Consoles the sooner they make millions of dollars. This is just my own opinion but to the issues of "leaks"...I don't have any proof but I think some are intentionally released by the companies. I know it's unlikely but look at all leaks. Whether it is about Consoles, games, features, dates overall across the industry there's hundreds. I'm sure a good number of people want to release it to the press but that many people won't want to lose their jobs after breaking NDA's. Leaks, whether intentional or not builds hype and possible sales. Profit is something the developers want. The more hype the better for them.
    I also believe some of those "leaks" are part of viral marketing somehow. To either create hype, or to slow down Wii-U sales somehow

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Get ready then, for the official announcement of the announcement to announce the announcing of the PS4

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    Get ready then, for the official announcement of the announcement to announce the announcing of the PS4
    Wont the announcement of the announcement to announce the announcing of the PS4 be teased first?

Next Gen top picks:

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Wont the announcement of the announcement to announce the announcing of the PS4 be teased first?
    Maybe not...not if they just go ahead and announce the announcement of the announcement of the ps4 ...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I don't think it'd be a stretch to expect both Sony and Microsoft to unveil their next-gen consoles at E3.

I don't think that they will reveal the hardware at E3. I think that will be revealed before hand.

E3 will be reserved for the games. I know all the third parties will be itching to show what they have been working on. First parties will want to focus on their upcoming games as well.

Exciting times ahead.

PSN ID
    Glaedr-Oromis
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    I don't think that they will reveal the hardware at E3. I think that will be revealed before hand.

E3 will be reserved for the games. I know all the third parties will be itching to show what they have been working on. First parties will want to focus on their upcoming games as well.

Exciting times ahead.
    Well....if they do hold off till E3 to release the hardware developers are going to be forced to wait until Sony does their conference to officially release what games there will be which at least to me will be annoying. But, I agree there are exciting times ahead.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Maybe not...not if they just go ahead and announce the announcement of the announcement of the ps4 ...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    But that would set us back 2-3 years ago when they just announced the announcement... That's not exciting my excitement... I'll have none of that!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post

Exciting times ahead.
    I believe they will tease the hardware ahead of E3 as well and give a full blowout on specs, price and launch period line-up at the event. I predict a March reveal (GDC)

we should actually have a thread for 2013 predictions, not just a E3 prediction thread, but full year prediction.

Next Gen top picks:

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    One member always did a yearly prediction thread. He's good now. I did one for 2012 and hardly anyone posted in it so I didn't make another one for 13.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information