Latest PSU headlines:

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go

Razer Announces New Gaming Tablet Called “Edge”

It seems that the handheld market is attracting all the attention at the moment. Following in nVidia’s footsteps, Razer has announced the Edge gaming tablet, which is designed to give a full PC gaming experience while on the move. It will also be using Windows 8 as an operating system.
    The technical specs for the base model are pretty impressive, with a 64GB SSD, 4GB RAM, Intel i5 processor running at 1.7Ghz, though according to the product page there is a turbo mode pushing that up to 2.6Ghz. The tablet will also use the nVidia GeForce 1Gb GT 640M graphics card. The screen will be 10.1 inches and high definition.
    The Pro model will have an Intel i7 processor at 1.9Ghz though can be pushed to 3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, the option of either 128GB or 256 GB SSD, nVidia GeForce 2Gb Gt 640M graphics card.
    Razer are advertising this as a tablet; a PC because you can attach a keyboard to it; a home console as you can use controllers for it and a handheld as there is an attachment which adds a pad to the tablet, making it look similar to the Wii U GamePad.
    However, this isn’t a cheap bit of kit with the basic version currently being priced at $999, while the Pro version is being priced at $1299.99. The attachments themselves are priced similarly to something like the Vita. The Gamepad attachment is $249.99, the keyboard dock is $199.99 and the normal docking station is $99.99.
    However, those prices don’t include either the VAT (or sales tax) or shipping costs, and currently it’s only going to be released in the US. Honestly, at those prices I can’t see this having major success, and probably prices itself right out of the market. So, an interesting idea that’s unaffordable for most.

<em>
    Source: Razer

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/01/...t-called-edge/

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I really don't know who all of these high end products are aimed at. I mean, if someone is heaps techy and can afford $1300 to buy this, chances are they have a good PC that can do all this anyway. Why spend that much again to just play the SAME games.

I just don't get it lol

Veteran
    I guess it's for the kind of people who have so much money they have nothing to spend it on so they say "hey there's a 1300 dollar game system, I gotta have that"

It's sort of an ego thing, I guess.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think they did it so they can say they made the FIRST ever gaming tablet.

Morons.

Forum Sage

To be honest, I wouldn't mind playing Civilizations V on a tablet. My gripe is the screen size of course. With ASUS coming out with the Transformer AiO which is 18.4 inches big and Lenovo coming out with their 27 inch and 39 inch table top tablets, (the 39 inch one is experimental) a 10.1 inch screen is just too small for my taste. It's why I've yet to invest in a tablet. (Yes, when it comes to technology, I'm a snob and nothing short of what I want will be bought.)

Thread Information