Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style

Best Place to Sell Textbooks?

Anybody know any good, reliable websites to sell back your used textbooks?

I've seen the values Amazon gives me, and they're pretty good, the only issue is they give gift card value rather than cash.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I used to use this one site they would send a check but it was about 7 years ago ill try to see if I can find the site and if they are still running. If you have a local craigslist that may be an option as well

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Ebay is awesome for selling AND buying textbooks or just novel books!

Veteran
    I'll probably just do it on half.com

Was hoping there was a site that pays cash and immediately takes your books, rather than waiting for someone to buy it.

I'll be looking myself probably tomorrow. If I find anything that gives decent prices, I'll post it up here!

Veteran
    I ended up using Amazon's trade-in program. The prices for the books that I sent out were good and the best part you don't wait around for someone to buy it. Only catch is you get Amazon gift card credit instead of cash, but I intended to buy their ps3 bundle with the money anyway. Got $300 for 4 books.

I have the same question

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Anybody know any good, reliable websites to sell back your used textbooks?

I've seen the values Amazon gives me, and they're pretty good, the only issue is they give gift card value rather than cash.
    I have the same question -- I'm looking for some up to date places to sell my books. But first I wanted to point out that Amazon does have a book buying program where you do get 'real' money I believe. Anyway, my question is: is our campus bookstores still a good way to sell books back? Or is online better these days? I notice Amazon is still really popular for selling books, especially since they give you real money like some of the other buyback places online. Can someone tell me places to sell books back that the bookstore doesn't want to buy? Please, no advertisements -- I would prefer that real people who have used real sites to let me know (you can even PM me if you don't want to post the websites).

And just so that I'm not a "taker" without giving anything back (I got yelled at on a bike forum for asking questions without helping out LOL), so, here are my experiences. I've only used 4 websites to sell my books back. They have all done me right (no problems or any scams), I rented my intro to biology textbook directly from a big wholesaler at www.neebo.com. I thought because I was renting it I'd get something pretty beat up, but I was surprised the book was in good condition (I almost actually bought it for myself!). They were really fast in shipping it to me. Another place I used was www.moola4books.com because they were the only one that would buy my "Literature and Writers" book. I was worried I'd get dinged because I wrote my name on the edge of the pages (don't do that! LOL), but I got the price I anticipated. About a year ago, I had 2 expensive math books (from my calc course --200 bucks!) and I used a company that provided free insurance on their shipping. It's a ridiculously long link (click here: sell textbooks). They did NOT pay me what I anticipated for my 101 book because it was missing the CD that's supposed to go with it, but I couldn't complain because it was my fault because their site actually said "must have cd for payment" and they did an override and actually gave me some money as a one-time customer service dealy. So I'd use them again. And finally I used a company called www.thriftbooks.com to buy my hemmingway book, they packaged it really well and the book looked almost new.

So those are the companies I used a while back, and I wanted to know if there's any newer company that pays better because I am selling all of my textbooks as I will be completely DONE with college in about one week (my finals are next week!).

Thank you!!
    Last edited by MaryAnn; 04-27-2013 at 17:05.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    It's not hard to find a good book buy back site. There are plenty of sites that allow you to input the IBN and you find out what the site will give you for your books before you have to register. Just do a google search.

Again, Ebay is a good place to sell science books back. However, here is reality no one wants to consider. That book you just spent $100 plus on? It's too old to get anything back in selling it back. I have no idea why your university or college wanted you to spend that much and not be able to recoup costs.

This is why I highly recommend renting textbooks.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

You can use ecampus.com for your purpose

Thread Information