Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Flaw3d Genius

2 Main Things I Want On PS4!!

1: New Control Pad : Dual shock just feels so dated now, If Sony stay on the small hand side of things then we need a Western version of it.

2: Proper integrated online system like Xbox Live, If it means paying 25-30 a year so be it! It's worth it.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I still love the design of the Dualshock controller! Now I do wish it would have some updated haptic feedback and/or sensors, but the overall design is just so familiar with me since I have been using the same design since the PS1. I am curious what they plan to do to spruce it up this generation...as for the online system, I hope that Playstation Plus kicks it up a notch and becomes a better online service that it currently is as well, but I also think a lot of the basic stuff should remain free like they are doing now.

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    No! We need Dual Shock! Lol. But some proper triggers would be awesome.

Here is something I want to add: We need some sort of game capture (not video capture) where you can replay your gameplay and control it in a 3D environment (think Halo's Theater Mode) and be given the option to render a high quality 4K video @60fps. I think this would be too awesome!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Lol..I like the DS it's real comfortable.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    i want it to play games and my music, simple as
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    No! We need Dual Shock! Lol. But some proper triggers would be awesome.

Here is something I want to add: We need some sort of game capture (not video capture) where you can replay your gameplay and control it in a 3D environment (think Halo's Theater Mode) and be given the option to render a high quality 4K video @60fps. I think this would be too awesome!
    I agree with the triggers, they really need to fix that in the next Dualshock! I had to buy these to keep my fingers from slipping when play online shooters:

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-Trigge.../dp/B001AW156U

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Let's just hope that the DualShock 4 analog sticks are strong after some time. I have a long history of broken dualshock controllers...

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    I agree with Robvandam111, and i think they should do something like they did on the vita and put some steel rings around the dualshock hole and the shaft of the stick (that sounds so dirty) to prevent severe wear.

I dont care about backwards compatability seeing as im no longer planning on ever trading in another game, or system unless it becomes a necessity. Ill keep my PS3 and all 70 games, and peripherals.

I would actually be okay with more strict used game sales, and i have no problem with activation codes. especially now where you get more from a game when you pre-order it and buy it new. I know a lot of people cant afford to buy every new game they want. neither can i, so i dont, and i dont care if you or they cant because it doesnt affect me. fend for yourselves.

That being said, I want motion controls eliminated, they were gimmicky at best, and nintendo is the only company who got it right, MS and Sony shouldnt bother with them. Microsoft worked with the Kinect, let them play with that, but the PSMOVE was a complete failure. end it. Support the Vita as a second screen controller for games worthy of it. Uncharted works for this kind of thing, gimmicky, yes, but it proved that it has a lot of potential.

In game music. the first x-box was the only time i ever used this playing GTA San Andreas with a full lineup of Slayer, Metallica, Godsmack, and Megadeth's complete discography. over 500 songs that i actually liked as opposed to the 7 on the original soundtrack i did like.

Theres more, but i have to work. again. 3 days and ive worked 34 hours. if i keep this up ill be able to afford a new tv, both next gen consoles, a new car, and any game i want. i just wont have 10 minutes of the day to play any of them.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I really like the Dual shock control pad, its classy and very comfortable and pretty much everybody already got used to it.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    My hands would reject a new controller like the body rejects a foreign organ. Haha

They could lower the L2 R2 buttons a tad though. As far as the online system goes, it will. Vita has XGC, easy matchmaking and all the social interaction the PS3 lacks, and it's still free.

El Presidente
    If I have to pay for online then forget it. That's what the bill with Time Warner is for, internet connection.

I like the dualshock but I will say I like the feel of the 360 controller just a bit more.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I don't want the DS to go. It is by far my favorite control ever made. For me it is very comfortable. I know others will argue that the xbox controller is more comfortable but I don't share that opinion. I think like many have said that it needs to have actual triggers. That would be enough of an addition for next gen for me. Let's not forget what happened last time Sony ventured out and designed a new controller.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I don't want the DS to go. It is by far my favorite control ever made. For me it is very comfortable. I know others will argue that the xbox controller is more comfortable but I don't share that opinion. I think like many have said that it needs to have actual triggers. That would be enough of an addition for next gen for me. Let's not forget what happened last time Sony ventured out and designed a new controller.

^^
    I still want to use that controller. I dont care wtf it looks liks. I care about how it feels in my hand to hold and use.

Everyone just hated the look but not a single person held one in their hand to confirm whether it was better or worse then the traditional dualshock. Never judge a book by its cover.

We all could've missed out on the best controller ever made for all we know because people were so petty on the fact that it looks differently.
    Last edited by faaeng; 01-13-2013 at 01:31.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    True. Just by looking at it to me, I don't think it would be comfortable. The button alignment just looks off. But who knows. It sure as hell was goofy looking.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    If I have to pay for online then forget it. That's what the bill with Time Warner is for, internet connection.
    Indeed, I always hated that with the 360

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    The DS3 is fine, but they need to change the R2 and L2 buttons. Here is my list of must haves on the PS4.

1. Optional HDD replacement just like the PS3.

2. Enough RAM to last 7 years

3. A dashboard that exceeds the Xbox.

4. Cross game chat

5. 4+ USB ports

6. All of my store purchases must be transferable to the PS4.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    The DS3 is fine, but they need to change the R2 and L2 buttons. Here is my list of must haves on the PS4.

1. Optional HDD replacement just like the PS3.

2. Enough RAM to last 7 years

3. A dashboard that exceeds the Xbox.

4. Cross game chat

5. 4+ USB ports

6. All of my store purchases must be transferable to the PS4.
    I like all of these suggestions.

Super Elite
    Only flaw I want fixed from the DS pad is being able to toggle the trigger buttons to a normal click button on the fly and better grips on the analog stick. My thumbs are always slipping off from it and having to adjust.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post

Really a shame Sony didn't atleast give us the chance to use it, I heard from veriest testers it was real comfy and fit your hands rather big or small. People just like to complain this gen

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    My 2 main things would be:

1.) Good specifications.
    2.) A sexy design.

Thats all i really need and expect from PS4.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nye99
    The duel shock needs to stay, just needs a little update though. Better triggers and a slightly different mold design. I would rather it without all the indents, grooves and ridges, they are not needed and just gather dust and crap. The 'L' and 'R' on the front of the pad need to go, they are not needed whatsoever.

ADD ME- nye99

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    Really a shame Sony didn't atleast give us the chance to use it, I heard from veriest testers it was real comfy and fit your hands rather big or small. People just like to complain this gen
    Yeah it had been very bad this gen.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Really good specs and reliable

Free online play

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    So one would assume by that logic you don't use services such as Netflix or other video on demand/streaming services?
    I'd happily pay 30 a year for a decent online service. Hardly a bank breaker.

For me:

Larger pad. You can keep the same layout I just want the pad a little bit bigger so I can have a better grip on to it. Extend the handles maybe.

Assuming Sony keep it so I can change my own HDD I'd like it that every game was released as a digital download at the same time of release and was priced correctly. $#@! am I paying 55 for a digital version of a game. 30 however is much more reasonable.

BBK. Tapatalking

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    1: New Control Pad : Dual shock just feels so dated now, If Sony stay on the small hand side of things then we need a Western version of it.

2: Proper integrated online system like Xbox Live, If it means paying 25-30 a year so be it! It's worth it.
    1. No, they struck gold with the Dualshock and changing the design for no reason would be stupid and pointless.

2. PSN is good enough and PSN+ fulfills any additional needs.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Thread Information