Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

PSN ID
    matt1y77
    Sorry, forget that question about the disc, ive just read the rest of the thread and I get it now....
    Lets hope that dust 514 can get near to AAA quality game-play, so we can have a thriving community, I have waited many years for a game like this to come out, to be in a epic battle with players from another game able to support troops on the ground, it sound very good! I will just have to read all the stuff, so I know whats going on! Im just lazy!
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-31-2013 at 12:22. Reason: advertising

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky742 View Post
    So when it comes out, will it be on a disc, or will the game on my ps3 just become the full game with an update.

I have played a couple of games on it, and gotta say it seems quite smooth for a MMO game, but I find all the info that it gives you every time you are in the menu`s is to much!
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky742 View Post
    Sorry, forget that question about the disc, ive just read the rest of the thread and I get it now....
    Lets hope that dust 514 can get near to AAA quality game-play, so we can have a thriving community, I have waited many years for a game like this to come out, to be in a epic battle with players from another game able to support troops on the ground, it sound very good! I will just have to read all the stuff, so I know whats going on! Im just lazy!
    Welcome to the forum! DUST 514 will become an awesome AAA shooter. It's well on the way, and is easily the most interesting shooter around ib my eyes.

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    hey guys, how do we change our avatar dropsuit? like the suit that you wear at your merc quarters?

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Zswordsman View Post
    hey guys, how do we change our avatar dropsuit? like the suit that you wear at your merc quarters?
    set the fitting you want to be seen in as your "favourite" fitting.

go to your fitting screen, select the desired fitting, and then pick "favourite"

after your next battle you should spawn in your hub with the favourite fitting
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

5. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Haha I was so $#@!ing gutted when Chromosome launched. I had spent most of the Codex build looking like an assault, when deep inside I was a logi. When Chromosome hit, suddenly I had my logi skin back! YES! My skin matched my beloved playing style,and I felt complete. After 3 matches I reverted to the assault class and my soul was crushed lol. Fortunately I discovered this bit of info and now I'm always showing mah true colors!

7. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    PSN ID
    DEADMUDD
    Who is good at Dropship training ? Got in one ,turned upside down, crashed -- don't drink + fly.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Does it look any better graphically than it did at the beginning of the closed beta? Because I played that for like an hour and just laughed. It look like a PS2 game and played even worse.

I love the idea and innovation they are showing but can't help think they should have waited a couple of years and put a truly great game on the PS4

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Does it look any better graphically than it did at the beginning of the closed beta? Because I played that for like an hour and just laughed. It look like a PS2 game and played even worse.

I love the idea and innovation they are showing but can't help think they should have waited a couple of years and put a truly great game on the PS4
    WAY better and there is a hugeeeee graphics update coming. You should really jump on board and start trainingyour merc. This game is going to get badass and if you start now, by the time the rest of the blind masses finally wakeup, you will have a more badass merc! CCP want this game to run forever, it will just get better and better and CCP have confirmed it for both PS4 and PS7...and the soldier you start today will be the soldier you play on PS7...

Someone made a thread today about loving BF3...He mentioned having played about 5 or so CoD and BF games...The annual retail military FPS model is a joke to me now...Having one persistent soldier in a free-to-play universe shared by PC pilots and console mercs that will grow and advance in a game that's getting 2 free expansions a year >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> paying $60 a year to start a fresh soldier in a fresh game over and over .

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Someone made a thread today about loving BF3...He mentioned having played about 5 or so CoD and BF games...The annual retail military FPS model is a joke to me now...Having one persistent soldier in a free-to-play universe shared by PC pilots and console mercs that will grow and advance in a game that's getting 2 free expansions a year >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> paying $60 a year to start a fresh soldier in a fresh game over and over .
    I agree with all that but for me the simple truth is that if the gunplay sucks, the game is worthless

Another question, when they bring it out on PS4 will it just be the same exact game with the same engine or will they actually make an improved game? Because I know their method with EVE is to just release continual graphical and content updates and stuff like any long term MMO, but you can't get away with that forever

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I agree with all that but for me the simple truth is that if the gunplay sucks, the game is worthless

Another question, when they bring it out on PS4 will it just be the same exact game with the same engine or will they actually make an improved game? Because I know their method with EVE is to just release continual graphical and content updates and stuff like any long term MMO, but you can't get away with that forever
    Why can't you get away with continually improving your games graphics with two yearly updates? CCP said it has a 5 year road map (so about 10 expansions) already planned, and another 20 years of ideas. EVE is 10 years old now, they are anticipating DUST 514 to be round just as long and longer. CCP is raking in a LOT of money with EVE Online (a few million a month in subs) and are totally in the position financially and creatively to achieve amazing things.

RE: PS4 development:

There is a big roadmap for the game and all its updates. Obviously we have to wait for customer feedback to determine our decisions. Now, we have been faced with technology upgrade challenges for years. We release new versions of Eve at a time when most people don’t have the technology to support it, so we operate both the old and new versions of Eve on the same client and allow people to migrate. We will continue to develop on PlayStation 3 even after the release of Dust, and I think the game’s audience is more used to constant updates than people may assume. I mean, if you look at Call of Duty, that essentially is an online experience that has undergone mass migration across three games.
    If there is a PlayStation 4 – which I can tell you now I have no idea if there is – but if there was, we would build Dust for that console as well. It will most likely be a revision of the experience, as with all updates, and could allow people to play across PS3 and 4.
    http://www.develop-online.net/featur...ldest-republic

PSN ID
    power95stroker
    started playing last night, not really sure what is going on. only thing i managed to do was run around and get shot lol.

where are the best places to spawn with what weapon choice?

what are the objectives?

seemed to be a fun game to play once i get past the frustration of learning a new game and how to play.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrixen View Post
    started playing last night, not really sure what is going on. only thing i managed to do was run around and get shot lol.

where are the best places to spawn with what weapon choice?

what are the objectives?

seemed to be a fun game to play once i get past the frustration of learning a new game and how to play.
    Ok, so there are currently two main game modes: skirmish and ambush, which are point capture and team deathmatch. The latter is just about killing the other guys, the former is about going to the capture points and claiming them so that they fire missiles at your enemies Mobile Command Center (MCC). They are marked as A, B, C, D etc. You approach these and hold O and you will start to hack it. Once hacked,it will target their MCC. There are other things that can be hacked, like clone stations, where your team can respawn, ammo stations where you can change your fitting and get ammo, and turrets that will shoot your enemies. These are also important to capture.

As you play these matches, you will earn ISK, the in game currency. You use ISK to buy gear for future matches...basically:

1) play matches and earn ISK
    2) buy gear for future matches
    3) level up as you go
    4) repeat from 1

You earn SP, or skill points, by doing things in game, killing, hacking, reviving, repairing etc. You also earn SP when you aren't playing. SP is i used to train your merc up. There is no right or wrong way to do this, but we do have a bit of info that will help you make a good balanced start. You can focus on getting good at using armor oron being good with a type of weapon, or a class...or you can train to be a tank or dropship pilot...it's upto you.

Did you get our skill guide yet?

PSN ID
    power95stroker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Did you get our skill guide yet?
    no i didnt. is it on the game, emailed or where do i find it?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrixen View Post
    no i didnt. is it on the game, emailed or where do i find it?
    I've PMed it to you. At the top of the page, mouse over profile and you should see "1" by inbox. Click and my mail will be there.

PSN ID
    power95stroker
    got it, thanks

Apprentice

Eve has also had continual updates to the core mechanics of the game. Often at the behest of the game community. CCP has awesome game support. You can't beat not having to pay for expansions and updates. I think it's great to watch the game grow while you're playing it.

For those who want to wait, there won't be anymore skill resets. Why not build your skills now and give your input to the devs? And did you know Eve Online has a player-run government, Counsel of Stellar Management, that represents players views to CCP? They have something great in their hands.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by buffalothc View Post
    Eve has also had continual updates to the core mechanics of the game. Often at the behest of the game community. CCP has awesome game support. You can't beat not having to pay for expansions and updates. I think it's great to watch the game grow while you're playing it.

For those who want to wait, there won't be anymore skill resets. Why not build your skills now and give your input to the devs? And did you know Eve Online has a player-run government, Counsel of Stellar Management, that represents players views to CCP? They have something great in their hands.
    Well said mon ami. I think (sadly) a lot of people just aren't able to comprehend how amazing the EVE Universe is and just how amazingly badass DUST 514 and EVE are going to become. This game is going to be huge and I am so glad that I will be able to say that I was there from almost the very beginning.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    akhi216
    I see guns, dropsuits, etc. that say 'Meta Level' and offer a numerical value. What does an item's meta level say about it? Also do high level dropsuits only offer extra CPU and PG slots over the lower level ones?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    I see guns, dropsuits, etc. that say 'Meta Level' and offer a numerical value. What does an item's meta level say about it? Also do high level dropsuits only offer extra CPU and PG slots over the lower level ones?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Meta level is just a way to rank equipment. So a gun with meta level 3 is supposed to technically be better than a gun with meta level 2, 1, or 0.

As for dropsuits, besides CPU/PG and equipment slots, they also have other benefits. Some offer differing amounts of shields/armor, improved recharge rates, faster movement speeds, etc. It can be hard to tell sometimes, especially since there isn't really anyway to compare two items besides going back and forth between them and looking through their attributes. It would be nice to have something that shows you specifically what ways certain items are better or worse than others.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix336 View Post
    Meta level is just a way to rank equipment. So a gun with meta level 3 is supposed to technically be better than a gun with meta level 2, 1, or 0.

As for dropsuits, besides CPU/PG and equipment slots, they also have other benefits. Some offer differing amounts of shields/armor, improved recharge rates, faster movement speeds, etc. It can be hard to tell sometimes, especially since there isn't really anyway to compare two items besides going back and forth between them and looking through their attributes. It would be nice to have something that shows you specifically what ways certain items are better or worse than others.
    I would loveeeee a comparison function...Something traditional...stats that are lower would be red, higher would be green and equal would be black...

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    solid_sneek
    Reviving is tough they always disappear before 'revive' appears!!

solid_sneek

Thread Information