Latest PSU headlines:

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin

TERA is now free to play

Finally. Check it out here

http://tera.enmasse.com/free

I don't know if this game sucks or not, I just know it's free and that I'm going to try it

If it's really free i have to try it too! I'm kind of bored with WOW i thinking about something new

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    I tried it last year. It is def diff. More action and skilled base. It is worth it.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    My friend quite liked this game. Think you actually have to aim rather than just casting spells

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Yeah you aim with mouse and can bind spells into one long combo. It really has a great combo system. Just fails in many other areas lol
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Just a shame EU version sucks so much, tempted to make an NA account but then id lose my founder status, unless i can download the NA client and log in with my EU details when it goes f2p

Miqo'te Bard
    What's wrong with eu version?

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    What's wrong with eu version?
    Last i knew half of the content is missing, a lot of the BAM monsters don't spawn in EU. We have a different publisher.

Thank you itachi

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Looks like another typical MMO, meh...

Superior Member
    Items Dark Souls CoverPS3 Slim
    I finally got a chance to download this and check it out for a bit today. It's a lot of fun and I'm really enjoying it so far. The combat seems great and I actually really like that you have to aim. I also think environments so far have been stunning. The one I'm currently in is very colorful and bright. Unfortunately, I'm still pretty early into the game so I can't say a whole lot more about it right now. Honestly though, as much as I do like it, for me it doesn't even come close to Guild Wars 2 and so that will still be my go to MMO. It's a good game though and it's free, so I do recommend checking it out if anybody is interested.

Master Poster
    I have a sorcerer level 29 and a warrior 28 and feeling exhausted with it.
    Whilst the combat is great the rest of the gameplay suffers like quests which I see in alot of korean developed mmorpgs
    Kill 5 trees at the beginning is fine but when it repeats throughout the entire game it becomes a drag.

They have a few quests sprinkled about that offer different gameplay but they are way too rare in frequency.
    2 biggest offending quests:

1. Kill X amount of "enemy"
    2. Collect specific flowers in area

It may look nice but whats the point when the environment isn't even used at all. Just another backdrop for copy and paste quests.

I've started playing Wizardry Online which in comparison looks like a ps2 game despite only releasing a week or two ago and feels dated in general from camera control to interface but I still enjoy it way more than games like tera and raiderz.
    Why?
    Because those offending quests I mentioned above are not the focus, instead it focuses on dungeon design, puzzles etc. It feels more like an online zelda/ dark souls not to mention the risk of permadeath.

I'll stick with Tera a little longer but at the moment I doubt i'll be bothered to go to level 60.

Superior Member
    That sucks that the quest don't really get more interesting. I'm playing as a sorcerer as well, and I really like it. However, I don't want to do the same quest over and over again so that's disappointing. Like I said in my previous post though, Guild Wars 2 is already my main MMO, so if I find myself getting bored with Tera then it's not that big of deal.

I'll have to check out Wizardry Online though, it really sounds interesting from what you described. Having a dark souls/zelda type mmo sounds great and it definitely sounds like it's worth a shot.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NightOnyx View Post
    That sucks that the quest don't really get more interesting. I'm playing as a sorcerer as well, and I really like it. However, I don't want to do the same quest over and over again so that's disappointing. Like I said in my previous post though, Guild Wars 2 is already my main MMO, so if I find myself getting bored with Tera then it's not that big of deal.

I'll have to check out Wizardry Online though, it really sounds interesting from what you described. Having a dark souls/zelda type mmo sounds great and it definitely sounds like it's worth a shot.
    Wizardry is pretty cool but I can see it being appealing to only a small amount of mmo gamers. Like I said in a previous post it feels dated in design and tech but its dungeon design and difficulty keeps me hooked. For a new game it feels very nostalgic. Reminds me of old rpgs like ff9, skies of arcadia, breath of fire V, ff12 in its feel mixed with dungeons found in single player games and the appeal of dark souls difficulty and mechanics.

One dungeon requires you to take notes of a myth spread out across the ruins on pedestals. You're then asked questions at gargoyle statues in order to pass to the next floors guardian/boss battle.

Every dungeon has its own puzzle/gimmick that reminds me of the days you'd go find a walkthrough or load up a wiki page so I find it fun if you do try it, keep low expectations as it has its own fair share of problems (graphics, camera, controls feel very dated, some game mechanics arent explained clearly etc). Still its better than slay 20 bloodhounds to progress with story.

Items Deadmau5
    I really couldn't stand the female character designs. A little fan service is fine but this game is hyper sexualized to the point of it being hard to play.

15. Likes darksora likes this post
    Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by upmagic View Post
    I really couldn't stand the female character designs. A little fan service is fine but this game is hyper sexualized to the point of it being hard to play.
    This XD

I had to check all gear to check if it was appropriate to play as a female elf and some of the armour designs were quite in your face especially for humans and the demon elf race (forgot name). Annoys me to see a heavy armour have less armour than the light armoured equivalent. Whats the point having heavy armour on just boobs and a thin thong. Might as well run naked XD

At the moment, I save a good armour design in my inventory and redesign a new one that I dont like. My elf warrior looks pretty cool although my elf sorceress is a bit too much atm when her mega mini skirt is flying up with every step to reveal her pants :/

Also the elin craze in game is insane XD global chat is usually full of kids drooling over elins ( atleast I hope they're kids and not grown men....)
    Last edited by darksora; 02-09-2013 at 19:52.

17. Likes NightOnyx likes this post
    Superior Member
    Yeah the Elins are super creepy, and the other female characters are overly sexualized as well. It really sucks to because I like to play as female characters sometimes, but it just makes you feel like a massive pervert using one of them. Like in Guild Wars 2 I have a female rouge character and she just looks like a badass, and I'm pretty sure she's completely covered as well and has an awesome coat. Not saying there isn't some revealing outfits in GW2, but it's not nearly as bad as Tera. It's a shame really that so many games feel that to make a female character sexy that they have to be pretty much naked, but that's mainly because that's what so many people want to see so they do it.

Items Deadmau5
    Yeah I've preferred to play as female in games for a while now, and it's not fun seeing your avatar being turned into a kind of commodity. That the game offers no way around it is kind of insulting.

As for Elins, lol. I guess it's a common enough fetish that it doesn't really phase me anymore hearing about it.

20. Likes NightOnyx likes this post

Thread Information