Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 11 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTenth666 View Post
    Only thing I have to say is I hope game publishers will stop allowing Microsoft to do what they want, including infringing the law with their "games announced and confirmed on the box as exclusives but they're released on the other console 1 year after", thus lying to the customers and retailers and making officials announce totally false things and thus being considered as morons by millions.
    So what I want is developers choosing on which machine they want o develop freely, and of course exploiting to the max the hardware they're working on, and not pleasing Microsoft by doing pathetic ports just to not make them better than the X360 version.
    lol People still believe in these conspiracy theories? So 2006/2007.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-16-2013 at 17:04.

Soldier 95B
    Let's get this back on topic of worldwide sales.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    sneaky edit confirmed
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Just a point, there are some comments I have that have to people seeming to think that this (unofficial) surpassing of Microsoft Xbox is in some way related to PS3 exclusives, and that now surpassing Microsoft will in some way change the way western developers deal with both companies (conspiracy theory aside).

Lets get a a few facts straight.

-In western countries, the gap between the PS3 and the 360 is the same (if not greater) than what it was at the start of this generation. Microsoft still leads by a healthy 7+ million units, and always has.

-Given the pitiful sales of western game on both consoles inside Japan, how could anyone consider that Sony's western exclusives have in some way or shape influenced sales of the console.

-Despite the line of PS3 exclusives, sales have not gained on the Xbox360 in western countries at all. We can safely conclude that exclusives have very little influence on sales in a consoles later life.

-Still holding a significant lead in the western console market will still be a factor for developers when considering deals.

-Most importantly, any lead either company can gain due to either launching first of simply starting better, is going to be very important in the coming generation.

-Its important for Sony to get their console out at the same time as MS next gen.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-16-2013 at 22:44.

5. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I sure as $#@! like having more games to choose froim, dont give a $#@! about the sales.thats just MHO so whatever!...also...thanks CCP for all the food and wine muahahaha! Anyway,you $#@!es are cool man...glass was never empty....lol

Umm, ok...lol bed time! Icelanders rock!

7. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    With things pretty much even in Europe, and spread a great distance in Japan and North America, I picture almost an identical split for the next gen as well.

PSN ID
    SOSnJo
    We all know ps3 is better

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by sosnjo View Post
    lol

Soldier 95B
    Welcome to the PSU forums! Enjoy your stay.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I sure as $#@! like having more games to choose froim, dont give a $#@! about the sales.thats just MHO so whatever!...also...thanks CCP for all the food and wine muahahaha! Anyway,you $#@!es are cool man...glass was never empty....lol

Same here mate.

I've never liked playing "armchair CEO". Numbers are numbers,. We're here to enjoy games.

If you want to debate about which game is more fun, or which game's textures look cooler, then fine. To me, at least that is at least relevant.

But stales always have been about e-peen trading and insecurity - for the most part.

If it hurts my gaming (rather indirectly) or helps it - then so be it. I'm just not gonna worry about it like neckbeards, nasaly-voiced, pony-tailed; garage-dwelling enthusiasts and know-it-alls on the internet do.
    I am the oncoming storm.

13. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Ancient
    Mynd what you on about, we like 70+mill now
    I think exclusives have very little to do with sales now days and what they do is very little

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler

Master Guru

The difference is MS are laughing their way to the bank. Pretty sure they could have easily pulled even further ahead with price dropping the 360 for a while now. Its just a question of what they will do with that money next gen. For me it will be about who has the best online, exclusives dont really entice me as much as they used to (apart from MGS).
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

More doesnt mean much if only a few are appealing to you. Its like having 200 cable channels but only 5 have programs that you like. We all have different tastes And those sales you dont care about do indicate that the majority of PS3 gamers dont care much for alot of these exclusives.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-17-2013 at 01:05.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    More doesnt mean much if only a few are appealing to you. Its like having 200 cable channels but only 5 have programs that you like. We all have different tastes And those sales you dont care about do indicate that the majority of PS3 gamers dont care much for alot of these exclusives.
    I liked your post... then you edited it.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I liked your post... then you edited it.
    Sorry. You must have liked it while I was still editing. But dont worry we all know you dont like my post now. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-17-2013 at 01:13.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    -Despite the line of PS3 exclusives, sales have not gained on the Xbox360 in western countries at all. We can safely conclude that exclusives have very little influence on sales in a consoles later life.
    i agree, but would add that by the time it gets to this stage in the lifecycle, when at mass market, PR budget matters equally.

which is a shame i think for all gamers.

imagine MS with Sony's studios, or imagine Sony with MS' marketing skills/budget (*cough* and control pad).

i think that's all i want from next gen.....

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Mynd what you on about, we like 70+mill now
    I think exclusives have very little to do with sales now days and what they do is very little

Sent via Codec
    Yeah, uh that's my point, you can bleat on about exclusives making the sales difference (as opposed to Ghost who just like choice), but its simply not true.

It one thing to say "I like the extra games I get".

Its another to say "It's because of all the exclusives that Sony are overtaking them".

People like to hook two irrelevant facts together to prove a theory, one which doesn't have any factual basis.

Master Guru
    So no report saying the PS3 hasn't passed the 360 yet?

Must be true. Sony reigns again.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    So no report saying the PS3 hasn't passed the 360 yet?

Must be true. Sony reigns again.
    who gives a $#@!? honestly, its a serious question. why would anyone care at this stage?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    More means more chance of a game appealing to you though, it's just statitiscs. In any event, I would rather have 200 channels to choose from than 100. Like a buffet, I appreciate options, even if they don't always appeal to my tastes.

24. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Not necessarily. If there are more options, the sales are going to be spread out....you're most likely not going to have that one IT game that has all the sales, etc.

26. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Not necessarily. If there are more options, the sales are going to be spread out....you're most likely not going to have that one IT game that has all the sales, etc.
    I don't really buy that, I think a great game is a great game, in terms resources (money, expertise) being spread out, then yeah I do agree, but sales? They can be so hit and miss.

28. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    More means more chance of a game appealing to you though, it's just statitiscs. In any event, I would rather have 200 channels to choose from than 100. Like a buffet, I appreciate options, even if they don't always appeal to my tastes.
    Meh. If the extra options dont appeal to me then they do me no good. I actually have a backlog on 360 so no lack of options here.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I dont buy that excuse at all. In fact every exclusive Sony released in 2012 flopped. Yet UC3 the year before had big sales. That alone disproves your theory. Like mynd said a great game is a great game. So in 2012 PS3 gamers bought 3rd party games instead. Most of the PS3 exclusives that flopped over its lifetime did so because they were mediocre games and/or didnt appeal to the vast majority of the PS3 userbase. Yet games like GTA, RDR and COD and other 3rd party games for example were big hits on PS3.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-17-2013 at 07:37.

Ancient
    It all comes down to the right games and the right price (general reputation play a little into it too)
    360 has had the right games even if they are available elsewhere cuz the Price entry is lower
    And the reputation is good
    Not everyone is gonna know about exclusive and the multiplats still speak louder to a costumer
    Both 360 & PS3 owner recommend them and not the console, it placed in the customers hands to decide what platform to get to get in on the action
    And for ages now 360 has had the price & reputation
    Things are different now with the new Slims
    So I expect sales to pick up, but I never was and never have been surprise by the 360's success

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler

Thread Information