Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 616
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    ^^
    imagine if Sony didn't launch at $599
    Imagine if every media outlet wasn't putting the PS3 down every two days
    Or making a dedicated channel on their site not to the oldest, most loved games maker Nintendo or the 2 generation ruling PlayStation
    But to Xbox?
    Or the marketing push MS had in highstreet stores (the biggest game store in the UK had a whole floor just for the small amount of Xbox games they had)
    MS had fantastic marketing, media love, ease of development and a year heads start on top of their competition having everything that could go possible wrong happen to them.
    In short MS had a GTR with Nitrous and Sony Evo X that stalled, had tire blowout, had to pit in and still catched up
    If anything someone should make a "Hitler YouTube vid" on how the $#@! MS $#@!up such a easy win
    Although 360 is a success compared to Xbox
    But nextgen its gonna be back to square one
    Wii U is not counted out in my book, but Sony will have to $#@! up again for MS to have as much chance they had this gen
    Then again they might prove themselves to not need it and make the Xbox version of the PS2 and dominate the market
    But please don't make out MS had disadvantages with the 360 because they didn't, they should have sold 30mill then Sony this gen or Sony should have sold 30mill less
    Take ya pick
    I'm personally don't know which console I'm getting nextgen, PS4 is said to be more powerful but its the games and MGS ain't exclusive as far as I know so its only Uncharted, GT and GOW holding me
    Lets the games begin!
    Sent via Codec
    Playstation is a titan amongst brand recognition, it take a lot to kill a titan.

I would say this coming gen, they are both easily recognisable brand names now.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Playstation is a titan amongst brand recognition, it take a lot to kill a titan. I would say this coming gen, they are both easily recognisable brand names now.
    Agreed. And thats why next gen will be very interesting. Neither company can afford to screw up this time. No excuses for the one that does. I'm hoping its close so both companies will push each other.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Playstation is a titan amongst brand recognition, it take a lot to kill a titan.

I would say this coming gen, they are both easily recognisable brand names now.
    Oh yeah, I remember explaining to a girl that her boyfriend had a Xbox and not PlayStation
    She was convinced he had a PlayStation
    Though its not the first time I've seen people call a Xbox a PlayStation, but I think the dominance of the PSX/PS2 did that

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Cleaned up a few posts. I suggest Completely Average and radgamer continue this outside of the thread if you both insist on fighting with each other.

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    The only obvious advantage had is they released the console 1 year before and it stayed cheaper all along
    It is also obvious releasing it before was because it still needed testing and improving the manufacturing hence the RROD in 30+% of consoles for a few years and should have been released as a secure product around the same period as the PS3.
    Microsoft being considered a benevolent God in USA sure helped a lot too.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I always tend to forget all those failed RROD xbox still counted as well as the replacement ones given. I call shenanigans on MS lol...

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I always tend to forget all those failed RROD xbox still counted as well as the replacement ones given. I call shenanigans on MS lol...
    Nope.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Nope.
    Yes and no, I'm pretty sure that the sales department have 0 knowledge of replacements system sent out, but every replacement was counted as sold originally when it was first purchased

Sent via Codec

Soldier 95B
    Xbox 360's that were replaced free under the 3 year warranty were not counted as additional sales. Microsoft already confirmed this years ago. So, no it's not YES and NO. Replacements GIVEN was not counted. Replacements PURCHASED of course were. Though if someone replaced one and paid for it without getting a free one under the warranty is a sucker. I had 3 replaced free under the 3 year warranty. Microsoft did not count those 3 as sales. Only my first one of the 4 I had total.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    You're seriously still talking about that? Don't forget all of the YLOD'd PS3's then. If you go by the posters around here, there's a TON of them. It just took the PS3'S a little longer to break.

Give it a rest.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Xbox 360's that were replaced free under the 3 year warranty were not counted as additional sales. Microsoft already confirmed this years ago. So, no it's not YES and NO. Replacements GIVEN was not counted. Replacements PURCHASED of course were. Though if someone replaced one and paid for it without getting a free one under the warranty is a sucker. I had 3 replaced free under the 3 year warranty. Microsoft did not count those 3 as sales. Only my first one of the 4 I had total.
    You didn't read my post correctly, it obviously confused you for such a response
    To clear it up the only time a replacement console was counted was when it wasn't a replacement and was in the shops and was bought by a customer new

Sent via Codec

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    the only time a replacement console was counted was when it wasn't a replacement
    Perfect.

Thread Information