Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Despite getting the split between the HD boys wrong, they predicted the total amount of HD consoles that would be out there by this time pretty well
    Indeed. I hadn't caught that.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash91 View Post
    lol the 360 fans are out in force.
    Yeah you can pretty much guess whose gonna say what in these types of threads, even funnier is that there's more 360 fans posting in them than PS3 fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

3. Likes Leviticus, Lefein, Suzano-O, skinny_jr wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Nice, when the PS3 gets a real cheap sale price ill be buying another just as a backup machine.
    My PS2 has rusted internals and I should have picked one up when I saw them for $75 new.

PS4 has little to no competition.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Nice, when the PS3 gets a real cheap sale price ill be buying another just as a backup machine.
    My PS2 has rusted internals and I should have picked one up when I saw them for $75 new.
    I got to know how did your ps2 internal rust??? That's crazy mine are still good just a little dusty

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I got to know how did your ps2 internal rust??? That's crazy mine are still good just a little dusty
    Sea water....and dolphins.....
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Sea water....and dolphins.....
    I had a hutch dolphins has something to do with this damn you dolphins!!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Yeah you can pretty much guess whose gonna say what in these types of threads, even funnier is that there's more 360 fans posting in them than PS3 fans.
    No, the funny part is how quickly the PS3 fans are to believe an unfounded guess from an unreliable report. Go back and read the initial reactions, it will be quite hilarious to come back to this thread in a few weeks when official numbers are released and read them again.

9. Likes mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I had a hutch dolphins has something to do with this damn you dolphins!!
    I love dolphins

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    While Sony may or may have not surpassed the X360, I actually think that all in all this generation has been way beyond a success for all of the players at hand. Think about it while most people thought that Sony would run away with it how can you say that 70m in sales is a failure? Anything above 40m in truth is remarkable and having all three above 70m and I'd imagine close to 80m by year's end will just be astonishing. 10 years ago no one would have thought that the console market would ever get this big, this generation has just shown that the world has gone crazy for gaming and it's moving into a new era. 280 million of 6000 million people, not bad if I say so myself.

Super Elite

At this point, most multiplat games that Western gamers want are developed by Western companies. Those companies develop for the 360 and port a worse version to the PS3. Most JRPG's are made for the PS3 and never ported to the 360. I enjoy JRPG's and own a PS3 but the fact is, most of those JRPG's haven't been good enough to justify the PS3 purchase. To make matters worse, the generation is winding down and I see no chance of games by Western devs being made for PS3 then ported to the 360 later. I think it's a matter of making what your audience wants and many western devs are from the US and make games that US gamers want. The PS3 is the opposite. I'm getting Ni No Kuni for the PS3 and it's not being ported to the 360.

Veteran
    It was a 3 million gap a few months ago and about a 1 million gap before the holidays. More official numbers should be rolling out in the next few weeks and confirm the PS3 has passed the 360 in sales. So, it took a couple years longer than predicted 5 years ago. This is going to be a big year for the PS3 with the titles coming out plus it is widely being recognized as the best Netflix experience in the US, accounting for 2/3 of the bandwidth being used.

As the real race reaches the last stretches, the MS-360 loyalists loudly cockle-doodle-dooing in 2006 as having already won the race and that Sony should give it up, are finding themselves in last place this generation.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

14. Likes skinny_jr wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    As the real race reaches the last stretches, the MS-360 loyalists loudly cockle-doodle-dooing in 2006 as having already won the race and that Sony should give it up, are finding themselves in last place this generation.
    But like I pointed out sure they'll be in last place but look at the sales numbers, is 70m really something to groan about? Reaching 70m two generations ago was something no one would ever imagine to touch, but having all three surpass the PS1 and then some? No losers this generation only winners and that's us gamers.

16. Likes skinny_jr, Sir_Scud , John25 wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Where da party at
    Over at GAF mostly.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    But like I pointed out sure they'll be in last place but look at the sales numbers, is 70m really something to groan about? Reaching 70m two generations ago was something no one would ever imagine to touch, but having all three surpass the PS1 and then some? No losers this generation only winners and that's us gamers.
    No doubt, the total video game market is many times the size it was when it was only Nintendo. It is important for Sony to come in symbolically second, and will strengthen their push into the next generation. Besides, 3rd place is a consolation prize for losers.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Soldier 95B
    Oddly enough from what they are tallying at gaf the 360 lead increased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    No doubt, the total video game market is many times the size it was when it was only Nintendo. It is important for Sony to come in symbolically second, and will strengthen their push into the next generation. Besides, 3rd place is a consolation prize for losers.
    So youre saying Sony has been a loser for 6 years? And if these numbers turn out to be bs will you still be saying that? lol I doubt it.

Master Guru

It was a 3 million gap a few months ago and about a 1 million gap before the holidays. More official numbers should be rolling out in the next few weeks and confirm the PS3 has passed the 360 in sales. So, it took a couple years longer than predicted 5 years ago. This is going to be a big year for the PS3 with the titles coming out plus it is widely being recognized as the best Netflix experience in the US, accounting for 2/3 of the bandwidth being used.

Last place in terms of sales perhaps, but what about revenue/profit? Surely that is the only thing that matters.

Regardless, I've been ready for next gen for a while now, the only game I have any interest in now is GTA V.

what matters the most to me is who is going to cater for me the best next gen, as I doubt I will be a multi console owner.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    PS3 surpasses Xbox 360?!. Finally I can sleep at night!.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    No, the funny part is how quickly the PS3 fans are to believe an unfounded guess from an unreliable report. Go back and read the initial reactions, it will be quite hilarious to come back to this thread in a few weeks when official numbers are released and read them again.
    I see some 360 fans trying claim BS on it when nobody gives a shit about this whole sales war anymore.
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

24. Likes Leviticus wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Elite
    Someone should post this in am xbox forum.

Then post the link here so we can laugh at the responses.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

26. Likes AaronSOLDIER wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Someone should post this in am xbox forum.

Then post the link here so we can laugh at the responses.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah lets go troll the 360 section now. What a great idea

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I see some 360 fans trying claim BS on it when nobody gives a shit about this whole sales war anymore.
    It is BS it an analyst guess.
    Im sure if Pachter had said it most would understand to take it with a grain of salt.

And i have repeatedly said it might be a right guess, but still a guess. The thread title itself is completely and utterly misleading in itself.
    Last time we had this sort of thing a lot of people were left with egg on their face.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-11-2013 at 01:01.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    3rd place is a consolation prize for losers.
    70m sales for a consolation prize? That's one hell of a consolation prize if you ask me.

Anyway for the next gen I'm going to predict a total generation sale of close to 400m sales and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes over. Having said that I also think that there's a possibility now that more console gamers will be moving to the PC platform too.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    When it does happen you can be sure a few members will be crying about it and trying to reassure themselves.

yay, next gen!

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I'm loving the enthusiasm in here gents

6-7 years and it's still going strong. I can't wait for the new consoles to be released , and also when (if?) PS3 officially overtakes 360 aaaand even more into the future when the 2 surpass the Wii lifetime sales ^_^

Thread Information