Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    4000 is the number of lines in 4K. 10K projectors are rated at 10,000 lines.
    Uh, no it aint.

Its 2160p

Vertical lines have never ever meant anything due to traditional frame flyback.
    Why start swapping it now?
    It is very easy it is to scale a frame fly back.

And I thought 10k projectors were their lumens.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-15-2013 at 21:09.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    its still in the uk top 20 and has been since release. i'm thinking that is somewhat better than "did ok in the uk charts".
    Oh is it? Good news then.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    It is isn't it, I think its one of the bigger 360 games over here, but hell what do we know
    Its not like you and me live in the UK

Sent via Codec
    No need for the sarcasm. If its still doing good over there then I stand corrected.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-15-2013 at 22:00.

Ultimate Veteran
    Its doing good in my house

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Mine too.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-15-2013 at 22:01.

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Don't need to attack idc, they stand on it's own very poor track record.
    But as I said this one is plausible. Just not official.
    but you are. Lol

I imagine their track record are far far far better than yours or anyother 360 fans attacking them. If you were so much better, you would be the one making bank doing market analysis. Not them.

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Assuming this prediction is actually correct. Both consoles have done well and MS went from 25 million last gen to 70+ million this gen so I seriously doubt MS is "kicking themselves" for any reason. Sony on the other hand went from being a gaming dynasty to fighting 6 years over second place and losing tons of money. I think MS is alot happier with how this gen played out than Sony is. And 2012 was a crappy year for PS3 exclusives. Twisted Metal flopped, Starhawk flopped, PS All Stars flopped and then theres LBP Kart Racing. lol Most of these games nobody bought because most PS3 gamers obviously didnt care for them. So this whole we gotz teh exclusives is such a straw man argument that is mostly just used by Sony fanboys on internet forums. Means little to nothing to console gaming in the real world.
    So now this thread about exclusives now? Not surprised same people who attacked IDC brought this up. PS3 had bad year in 2012. Get over it. Difference is, this is PS3's first bad year in exclusive in past few years and like 5th bad year for 360 exclusives. lol

and if you are talking Halo 4. Lowest rated main halo game ever. Still good, but it seems the franchise just went down a notch in terms of quality. Still good money cow though since previous ones were excellent.
    Last edited by FableMaster; 01-16-2013 at 00:37.

Ultimate Veteran
    War is fought for silence. For, it is with silence, you will know that war has ended.

8. Likes FableMaster, AaronSOLDIER, Kauldron likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by FableMaster View Post
    but you are. Lol

I imagine their track record are far far far better than yours or anyother 360 fans attacking them. If you were so much better, you would be the one making bank doing market analysis. Not them.

So now this thread about exclusives now? Not surprised same people who attacked IDC brought this up. PS3 had bad year in 2012. Get over it. Difference is, this is PS3's first bad year in exclusive in past few years and like 5th bad year for 360 exclusives. lol

and if you are talking Halo 4. Lowest rated main halo game ever. Still good, but it seems the franchise just went down a notch in terms of quality. Still good money cow though since previous ones were excellent.
    You mad bro? lol The "lowest rated Halo game ever" outsold every PS3 exclusive released in 2012 combined. Couldnt have been too bad. lol Secondly I didnt drag exclusives into this TDbank did. I only responded. So try reading the whole thread next time. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-16-2013 at 06:18.

PSN ID
    shingi70
    but you are. Lol

Define exclusives. XBLA alone makes up a lot of the Xbox exclusive library.

Like I said in other threads Microsoft has put their eggs into a few retail tent pole releases of various genres and supporting it throughout the year with XBLA releases.

While Sony seems to push a lot of retail stuff and reserves their digital for very art house projects.

A lot of their retail stuff that was going to obviously going to flop (twisted metal, sorcery) could have been scaled back for PSN release.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    A thread like is bound to have heated discussions. I am all for allowing you ladies to go back and forth. But lets remember that everything is basically opinion based and not fact. Except for the sales chart.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Ah, so umm why do we care about and extra 256 lines?
    Whats the advantage?
    Non 16:9? Closer 2.35:1?
    Wouldn't 5k be better?

but you are. Lol

Difference between you and I , I don't imagine anything that I can factually look up.

So now this thread about exclusives now? Not surprised same people who attacked IDC brought this up.
    ROFL, read the thread.
    PS3 had bad year in 2012. Get over it. Difference is, this is PS3's first bad year in exclusive in past few years and like 5th bad year for 360 exclusives. lol and if you are talking Halo 4. Lowest rated main halo game ever. Still good, but it seems the franchise just went down a notch in terms of quality. Still good money cow though since previous ones were excellent.
    Imagination is a fantastic thing.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-16-2013 at 04:13.

13. Likes mistercrow likes this post

Elite Guru
    but you are. Lol

19 days as a member and you're resorting to 'you fans' and '360 fans'? simmer down mate, if he doesn't rate their analysis, he doesn't rate their analysis. he has explained why. saying that 'they make bank' by doing something doesn't make them right. look at patcher.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

16. Likes Yungstar 2006, mistercrow likes this post
    Ancient
    I know why I would care for 4k, at that res the image does pop off screen
    I mean there that much detail the illusion of depth doesn't require 3d glasses
    While not the same its pretty stunning viewing anything in 4k

^^ I can understand people having a hard time believing this, but this isn't a prediction of the next ten years, this is just a report of something thats already happened
    Even those 7 years predictions are based on something and I'm sure this is too
    I personally wait for Sony to announce something, but like always I'm sure guys here will say the same regarding waiting for MS's numbers if Sony does confirm it
    There 3 types of people in this thread
    1 people who just believe the numbers ( or Sony fanboys to the MS guys )
    2 People discussing 4k and are talking about if is true but are waiting for hard numbers
    And 3, people who don't want it to be true
    Either way it don't matter, its expected ti happen this year anyway so by time we do get hard numbers it may as well be true
    Oh Sorry I forgot the 4th type, people who don't give a $#@! lol
    Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 01-16-2013 at 09:07.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler

Ultimate Veteran

^^ I can understand people having a hard time believing this, but this isn't a prediction of the next ten years, this is just a report of something thats already happened
    I personally wait for Sony to announce something, but like always I'm sure guys here will say the same regarding waiting for MS's numbers if Sony does confirm it
    2 People discussing 4k and are talking about if is true but are waiting for hard numbers
    Either way it don't matter, its expected ti happen this year anyway so by time we do get hard numbers it may as well be true
    Sent via Codec
    Thing i dont get about 4k seems
    Only marginaly better than quad hd, and appears to screw with tradtional 16:9 format.
    Why not just stick with quad hd? Maybe i should do a bit of research.

Edit: So yeah most of the 4k
    TVs appear to be quad hd resolution...
    Meh go figure.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-16-2013 at 10:00.

Soldier 95B
    but you are. Lol

Some uber interesting comments here.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    On the PS3 we get options. Add up the total sales for the PS3's exclusives and compare it to the 360's two exclusives and it evens out. The PS3 has taken first place because it's the best console with the best games. There's really no other explanation for it.
    I'd like to see the numbers on this but it sounds plausible every time you turn around Sony has a new IP.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We dont want to do a PS3 game," or "Its really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

PSN ID
    great_daze_tazer
    This news is not very surprising to me. Xbox has better online capabilities as they should they have to pay for what we get for free. But look at PS3 in the last 2 years, they are pumping out PS3 exclusives all the time with greats like Kratos & Nathan Drake pushing sales up & beyond just with their names alone, then you got PS+ which provides a constant cycle of free games & tons of exclusive content, there is no surprise that Sony is outselling Xbox right now.

Also i'm a games shop manager & my store sells 3 PS3's for every Xbox sale every week & has been like this for the last 6 months but with games it's the other way round Xbox games sell more then PS3 games & I think that is due to the PS+ features.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    PS2 sales included? SONY has "bundled" them together in quarterly sales. It's temp figures since the PS2 has now been discontinued the PS3 actual sales will readjust themselves in 6-9 months but current PS2 sales could be enough to push "PS3 sales" over the 360. The reality is a different story!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    PS2 sales included? SONY has "bundled" them together in quarterly sales. It's temp figures since the PS2 has now been discontinued the PS3 actual sales will readjust themselves in 6-9 months but current PS2 sales could be enough to push "PS3 sales" over the 360. The reality is a different story!
    PS2 sold 500 units in the US last month and that was December. Those numbers will be negligible.

Elite Guru

Sent via Codec
    what numbers? (RE 4k)

realistically it comes down to what i said a few posts back. do you want to see this gen's games, or their equivalents, at 4K (which is likely all the new consoles will be able to achieve), or would you like to see what next gen games bring (your agni's, cyberpunks, crysis 3s etc).

for gaming i think 4k is going to be at a push almost as useful as 1080p this gen. in fact i don't even really believe that. i'd like to, but i don't.

it really has little to do with liking or disliking sony, as a) we have no idea of the console capabilities yet, and b) nothing makes 4k exclusive to sony. we just tend to assume they'll push it because of their tv line.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    what numbers? (RE 4k)

realistically it comes down to what i said a few posts back. do you want to see this gen's games, or their equivalents, at 4K (which is likely all the new consoles will be able to achieve), or would you like to see what next gen games bring (your agni's, cyberpunks, crysis 3s etc).

for gaming i think 4k is going to be at a push almost as useful as 1080p this gen. in fact i don't even really believe that. i'd like to, but i don't.

it really has little to do with liking or disliking sony, as a) we have no idea of the console capabilities yet, and b) nothing makes 4k exclusive to sony. we just tend to assume they'll push it because of their tv line.
    I don't really expect the PS4 to push 4K, but it would be nice but a useless feature me
    I don't intend getting a 4k TV until nextgens end, a good 8 years from now, but 4k video is stunning & that's all I'm saying

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler

Superior Member
    Only thing I have to say is I hope game publishers will stop allowing Microsoft to do what they want, including infringing the law with their "games announced and confirmed on the box as exclusives but they're released on the other console 1 year after", thus lying to the customers and retailers and making officials announce totally false things and thus being considered as morons by millions.
    So what I want is developers choosing on which machine they want o develop freely, and of course exploiting to the max the hardware they're working on, and not pleasing Microsoft by doing pathetic ports just to not make them better than the X360 version.

Elite Guru
    I don't really expect the PS4 to push 4K, but it would be nice but a useless feature me
    I don't intend getting a 4k TV until nextgens end, a good 8 years from now, but 4k video is stunning & that's all I'm saying
    i suppose it depends on how quickly the tv prices come down, but i don't expect to see it soon.

that and i'm not sure about the practicalities of it for me personally. i've a pretty decent 40' lcd, and i sometimes struggle to see the value in 1080p! yes its nice on the occasional scene/film, but for every bluray i'm impressed with, there's one i'm not, and a dvd (upscaled) that i am.

when you take into account bluray prices still being quite high, and viewing distances, i just can't be bothered to pump money into 1080p for a 40 inch screen, let alone 4k. i think they will definitely have a fight on their hands to promote it.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTenth666 View Post
    Only thing I have to say is I hope game publishers will stop allowing Microsoft to do what they want, including infringing the law with their "games announced and confirmed on the box as exclusives but they're released on the other console 1 year after", thus lying to the customers and retailers and making officials announce totally false things and thus being considered as morons by millions.
    So what I want is developers choosing on which machine they want o develop freely, and of course exploiting to the max the hardware they're working on, and not pleasing Microsoft by doing pathetic ports just to not make them better than the X360 version.
    can i have your dealers number?

Thread Information