Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 387
  1. #201
    Master Guru
    TDbank24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,186
    Rep Power
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    And 2012 was a crappy year for PS3 exclusives. Twisted Metal flopped, Starhawk flopped, PS All Stars flopped and then theres LBP Kart Racing. lol Most of these games nobody bought because most PS3 gamers obviously didnt care for them. So this whole we gotz teh exclusives is such a straw man argument that is mostly just used by Sony fanboys on internet forums. Means little to nothing to console gaming in the real world.
    And 2012 wasn't any better for the 360. Another rehashed Halo and Forza game. Big deal. Next to nobody cares about those games anymore. It's not 2007. They only sell because the 360 is starved for exclusive content so 360 gamers have no choice but to play what's shoved down their throats by Microsoft.

    On the PS3 we get options. Add up the total sales for the PS3's exclusives and compare it to the 360's two exclusives and it evens out. The PS3 has taken first place because it's the best console with the best games. There's really no other explanation for it.

    Microsoft better think long and hard about their strategy coming into next gen or they'll likely find their way out of the industry like Sega did. Sony is showing Microsoft the door right now. The PS4 is going to be as popular as the PS2. I think that's a given at this point.


  2. #202
    Ultimate Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    44
    Posts
    20,222
    Rep Power
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    And 2012 wasn't any better for the 360. Another rehashed Halo and Forza game. Big deal. Next to nobody cares about those games anymore. It's not 2007. They only sell because the 360 is starved for exclusive content so 360 gamers have no choice but to play what's shoved down their throats by Microsoft.
    Yup, thats the only reason they sell.
    Fail.
    Who the hell buys a game because its an exclusive?
    Buy a game cause you like it.
    <sighs>
    You could just as easily bought Farcry 3, Ass Creed 3, Xcom, Dishonoured, Borderlands 2....
    Gimma a break, no real gamer ever thinks the way you suggest they think.

    On the PS3 we get options. Add up the total sales for the PS3's exclusives and compare it to the 360's two exclusives and it evens out. The PS3 has taken first place because it's the best console with the best games. There's really no other explanation for it.

    Microsoft better think long and hard about their strategy coming into next gen or they'll likely find their way out of the industry like Sega did. Sony is showing Microsoft the door right now. The PS4 is going to be as popular as the PS2. I think that's a given at this point.
    Dream on.

  3. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  4. #203
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,741
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    And 2012 wasn't any better for the 360. Another rehashed Halo and Forza game. Big deal. Next to nobody cares about those games anymore. It's not 2007. They only sell because the 360 is starved for exclusive content so 360 gamers have no choice but to play what's shoved down their throats by Microsoft.L

    On the PS3 we get options. Add up the total sales for the PS3's exclusives and compare it to the 360's two exclusives and it evens out. The PS3 has taken first place because it's the best console with the best games. There's really no other explanation for it.

    Microsoft better think long and hard about their strategy coming into next gen or they'll likely find their way out of the industry like Sega did. Sony is showing Microsoft the door right now. The PS4 is going to be as popular as the PS2. I think that's a given at this point.
    lol Keep telling yourself that. And I'll take Halo 4 and Forza over any of the mediocre exclusives that Sony churned out this year. And the fact that they all flopped tells me that those games didnt appeal to most PS3 gamers. They were buying 3rd party games instead.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-15-2013 at 05:38.

  5. #204
    Administrator and Visionary
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    13,773
    Rep Power
    154
    Having fun? Lol

  6. Likes Nitey likes this post
  7. #205
    Master Guru
    TDbank24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,186
    Rep Power
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    lol Keep telling yourself that. And I'll take Halo 4 and Forza over any of the mediocre exclusives that Sony churned out this year. And the fact that they all flopped tells me that those games didnt appeal to most PS3 gamers. They were buying 3rd party games instead.
    Yup, and i'll take new IPs like The Last of Us and Beyond this year on the PS3 over the same mediocre rehashed games that will be released on the 360. Does Microsoft even have a lineup for this year or are they just throwing in the towel?

    Like you said, there's always third party games. Which is basically what the 360 has become over the past few years. A third party console with supposedly better multiplats that aren't actually all that better. Oh, and the over hyped online service that you have to pay for to be able to listen to little kids yell in your ear. Can't forget that.


  8. #206
    Member
    shingi70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    PSN ID
    shingi70
    Age
    24
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    34
    Does Sony selling hardware at a loss mean anything, None of their games last year at least sold well and their Marquee seller flopped hard.

    Meanwhile Microsoft had Halo 4 which sold like crazy alongside the rest of their fall stuff that did poor to moderate(fable being poor and the rest being moderate). The rest of their output has been on XBLA where the cost to make money isn't as big.

    Still Sony is a few steps from being bankrupt so I wouldn't put them close to winning anything.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

  9. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  10. #207
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,741
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Yup, and i'll take new IPs like The Last of Us and Beyond this year on the PS3 over the same mediocre rehashed games that will be released on the 360. Does Microsoft even have a lineup for this year or are they just throwing in the towel?

    Like you said, there's always third party games. Which is basically what the 360 has become over the past few years. A third party console with supposedly better multiplats that aren't actually all that better. Oh, and the over hyped online service that you have to pay for to be able to listen to little kids yell in your ear. Can't forget that.
    Gears Judgement but MS doesnt announce games years before theyre ready like Sony does. Most likely MS are getting games ready for their next box. And tbh alot of the 3rd party games this gen have been better than any of Sony's PS3 exclusives and have sold alot more copies and been more successful. That tells me that the vast majority of PS3 gamers dont share your opinion and dont think like you and they obviously prefer the 3rd party offerings.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-15-2013 at 08:05.

  11. #208
    Superior Member
    MartyRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Gears Judgement but MS doesnt announce games years before theyre ready like Sony does. Most likely MS are getting games ready for their next box. And tbh alot of the 3rd party games this gen have been better than any of Sony's PS3 exclusives and have sold alot more copies and been more successful. That tells me that the vast majority of PS3 gamers dont share your opinion and dont think like you and they obviously prefer the 3rd party offerings.
    Too Human was announced for awhile as 360 exclusive, but not sure if that counts since it did start on the ps1 mmmm.

  12. #209
    Administrator and Visionary
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    13,773
    Rep Power
    154
    Back on topic gaiz! No point going in circles over games, that horse is 2 hits from being a minced and bloody mess.. Thread is about console sales, not games line up.

  13. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
  14. #210
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    How about porn sales?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  15. #211
    Administrator and Visionary
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    13,773
    Rep Power
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    How about porn sales?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    A gazillion bazillion clicks. No one buys it, they just click it.

    OT, rumors abound for next gen arrivals are building up. $#@! the sales of this gen, and this POINTLESS bickering about who has/had/will have the best games. This report seems inaccurate anyway.

  16. #212
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,216
    Rep Power
    98
    forza and halo sell because they are good games. end of. its why the latest iterations are still on my shelf when everything else has been traded in, on both consoles. i don't keep games because i feel obliged to have something to play.

    to say that people are forced to buy or keep them is just a bit delusional

    OT(?): it is true to say gaf has a bit of a leaning at present, its been noted at several other forums discussing technical specs (such as B3D). at present its looking like the ps4 *is* more powerful by the numbers, but AMD are actually treating MS' console as the priority, and that it is far more customised - which in reality could mean that convensional figures of power have little meaning in terms of real world performance. for example there are rumours that 1-1.5TF gpu cards will give 3TF visuals.

    i think there's little point in judging power by flops or ghz until we know more or have someone's informed opinion, not speculation
    Last edited by J3ff3; 01-15-2013 at 16:27.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  17. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  18. #213
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    24
    Posts
    20,541
    Rep Power
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    Does Sony selling hardware at a loss mean anything, None of their games last year at least sold well and their Marquee seller flopped hard.

    Meanwhile Microsoft had Halo 4 which sold like crazy alongside the rest of their fall stuff that did poor to moderate(fable being poor and the rest being moderate). The rest of their output has been on XBLA where the cost to make money isn't as big.

    Still Sony is a few steps from being bankrupt so I wouldn't put them close to winning anything.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Yeah 2012 for Sony was like 2010 for Microsoft really. This year is much better IMO.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  19. #214
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,498
    Rep Power
    80
    Horizon flopped

  20. #215
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,741
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Horizon flopped
    And I knew it would being so close to Halo 4 and COD being released. Horizon got overshadowed by those two games. MS sent that game out to die releasing it at that time. It did ok in the UK charts for a little while. A shame since its a great game and got good reviews.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-15-2013 at 19:30.

  21. #216
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,741
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    Too Human was announced for awhile as 360 exclusive, but not sure if that counts since it did start on the ps1 mmmm.
    That game got unexpectedly delayed when that developer was having problems with the Unreal engine. They ended up having to rewrite a whole new engine for it.

  22. #217
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,216
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    That game got unexpectedly delayed when that developer was having problems with the Unreal engine. They ended up having to rewrite a whole new engine for it.
    it also hit that perfect sweet spot of hype and $#@! gameplay...
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  23. #218
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,741
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    it also hit that perfect sweet spot of hype and $#@! gameplay...
    Yep exactly. That game sucked.

  24. #219
    Super Elite

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,384
    Rep Power
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep exactly. That game sucked.
    Had to double check and make sure this wasn't about Homefront.

  25. #220
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,757
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    It did ok in the UK charts for a little while. A shame since its a great game and got good reviews.
    its still in the uk top 20 and has been since release. i'm thinking that is somewhat better than "did ok in the uk charts".

  26. #221
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,757
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Had to double check and make sure this wasn't about Homefront.
    has to be Home Front as Too Human was/is rather good.

  27. #222
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,216
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    has to be Home Front as Too Human was/is rather good.
    rented and returned rather quickly.

    it certainly wasn't anywhere near the hype, even if you did happen to like it.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  28. #223
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    35
    Posts
    10,277
    Rep Power
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    its still in the uk top 20 and has been since release. i'm thinking that is somewhat better than "did ok in the uk charts".
    It is isn't it, I think its one of the bigger 360 games over here, but hell what do we know
    Its not like you and me live in the UK

    Sent via Codec

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler

  29. #224
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    22,965
    Rep Power
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Why not call it 4x then 4k mean 4000.
    Its not 4000 frigging time the res is it?
    4000 is the number of lines in 4K. 10K projectors are rated at 10,000 lines.

  30. #225
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,216
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    It is isn't it, I think its one of the bigger 360 games over here, but hell what do we know
    Its not like you and me live in the UK

    Sent via Codec
    still, you ask a random friend with a console 'what is forza?', and then 'what is forza horizon?' and you'll get the same answer most times. it just hasn't been marketed that well imo
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts