PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style

Game tracker site - coming soon!

Well guys I did say I was going to make it about 6 months back and well it's going through testing at the moment so yay! Not sure if any of you remember what I was going to do but what it is is that you go through all of the games that are currently in the database and select "own" or "played", this will then add the game to your game collection and in there you'll be able to set the current status of the game. The statuses I've thought of so far are completed, not played, playing, and played. The collection will also allow you to add DLC but for whichever game collections on the list they will not be selectable.

The first part of the site I made is a gift tracker, I've already tested and used this while in development with another website and it was pretty successful! Because of that gift tracker there are at least 1100 games currently added to the database.

There is a single bug currently with regards to a particular function which is holding me back from releasing it this week and it's been driving me nuts, so in the meantime while I'm finding some help on the DevShed forums I'm working on something also quite spiffy, what this will be is showing game information where users can add MODs to a list, solutions to problems like the game not running or crash to desktop fixes, game patches, and more.

If anyone is interested in helping out with testing at any stage then that would be grand. I'm hoping to release the game tracker by the end of this month along with the game information pages, then it's just a matter of doing the big main part of the site, making it look great and also something I'm keeping a secret until it's ready.

The site isn't what it will look like at the moment though if you want to see how the gift tracker worked out then you can see it here and its statistics, and yes that's how many games really were gifted in such a short space of time!

2. Likes Admartian , claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    totally awsome work mate, nice to see you and hope to see the site soon and maybe part of it has a member
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Well done! looks promising

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Thanks.

So far no one's got back to me on that little issue I'm having which is quite annoying so I'll just get on today with the game information page. Grr that makes me so annoyed. >_<

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Is this to do with steam?

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Nope, nothing to do with Steam whatsoever, it'll hold a game database so that everyone can add the game to their own collection, and from there they'll be able to manage their games such as what they own it own (DD or physical), whether they've completed the game or not and other things. Part of the database will allow users to add games to the database if it's not already on there, that will come once I'm able to get the main tracking portion right. There will be games dating back to even the early 70's on there but I highly doubt there'll be many - if any - that have some games owned from back there, though maybe played instead.

Thread Information