Latest PSU headlines:

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X

[PSU] Editorial: Five PS2 JRPGs I need to play, before it's too late

The impending release/announcement of the PS4 got me thinking; there are a lot of PS2 games that are about to get very rare, and very expensive - just as the PS1 and N64 libraries became rare and expensive when the PS3 arrived.

Last-gen is old. Two gens ago? Classic.

Which is why returning to my PS2 backlog - those gems I never got around to playing - is more important than ever. I wrote this editorial on the PSU.com frontpage, and I'd like the community to join the conversation.

http://www.psu.com/a017978/Editorial...e-its-too-late

For those too lazy to click, my five picks were: Dark Cloud, Digital Devil Saga, Rogue Galaxy, Dragon Quest VIII, and Xenosaga.

Let's share some PS2 memories; what games do you regret not playing?

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Dark Cloud was def a good choice. It was a very unique game even to date. The Kings Field Saga is perhaps the most under the radar games of PS2, but people know of them because of DS series. Fatal Frame was the top horror games of the PS2 era. FF3 was rare enough back in the days, now has to be worth a ton. FF12 may have been hated but I loved it. An offline MMO feel. SOCOM 1&2 really brought online shooters to the console world. Both games where great. The crown jewel, the big daddy, the giant elephant in the room is of course FF11. Here you go console peps an MMO. Sure Everquest came before it, and Phantasy Star before that, but FF11 put console MMO on the map. We can only hope when FF14:A realm reborn gets released it will be as good as FF11.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

3. Likes KyleOnTheRun likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Is, Rogue Galaxy good?. I've been hearing mixed opinions on it.

Dark Cloud is definitely a fantastic game. Dungeons seemed to drag on at first but you get the hang of it eventually. What I loved was how you could re-build lost villages any way you wish. It was charming and fun to play. The downside was the final battle that required the assistance of your party which I did poorly in developing..

My brother has, Digital Devil Saga(Both games), so I need to get around that. Dragon Quest VIII doesn't look appealing to me but I should give it a chance. Xenosaga(All 3) was an interesting experience for me. The first disk was full of WTF?! moments because they throw a ton of information and sequences that don't make any sense at all up until the second and third disk when they explain it all. They're rather difficult too.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Some games I regret not playing definitely gotta be Persona 3. I really should punch myself for not playing it any sooner lol. Siren, and probably FFX.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Some games I regret not playing definitely gotta be Persona 3. I really should punch myself for not playing it any sooner lol. Siren, and probably FFX.
    Still haven't played FFX? Man, it's a shame Square is taking its sweet time with the HD remake

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Persona 3 FES is very good darker compared to Persona 4. Very good game. Highly recommend it.
    Playing - Tales of Vesperia (secret missions),Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Awaiting - Tales of Xillia 2, Witcher 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Tales of Zestiria, KH Birth By Sleep HD, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Thread Information