Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

They want obama to build a......deathstar :)

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/w...-politics.html

Build this Death Star, we will not. That’s the message from the White House in an official response to a petition urging President Barack Obama to build the moon-sized planet-killing space station from Star Wars.
    “The Administration shares your desire for job creation and a strong national defense,” writes Paul Shawcross, chief of the science and space branch of the White House’s budget office. But “the Administration does not support blowing up planets.”
    Plus, Shawcross points out: “Why would we spend countless taxpayer dollars on a Death Star with a fundamental flaw that can be exploited by a one-man starship?” (Cue speculation that China has built an X-Wing fighter). And with the price tag estimated to run at least $852 quadrillion, Shawcross says, “we’re working hard to reduce the deficit, not expand it.” (Hmmm, so the stimulative impact of government infrastructure spending does not balance out its cost? That might come up again as Obama clashes with Republicans this Spring over how best to reduce the national debt.)
    Shawcross goes on to list various high-tech projects funded with taxpayer dollars, throwing in a few Star Wars reference for good measure (the International Space Station features “onboard garbage mashers.” NASA has a Commercial Crew and Cargo Program Office – C3PO? Really? Someone had a bit of fun with that one).
    It’s sad news in a way, as if more than 34,000 petition signers cried out in terror and were suddenly silence. But it’s good news for the Senate! After all, building the first Death Star enabled Emperor Palpatine to dissolve the Senate. That means that there’s no need for regional governors to take direct control over their territories and use fear to keep the local systems in line.
    No word on whether the president will now take the time to answer the question he was asked in his Reddit chat last year: Star Trek or Star Wars.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Im pretty sure, with the economy they have they wont be able to build such a thing. Also I dont think they are advanced enough technologically in order to build a space station.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Im pretty sure, with the economy they have they wont be able to build such a thing. Also I dont think they are advanced enough technologically in order to build a space station.
    'Let's just borrow some money from china said NO ONE EVER........

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Maybe the main source of money for the project was the lend from china, lol.

Master Guru
    Maybe the main source of money for the project was the lend from china, lol.
    America reminds me of a naive teenage girl who just got their first credit card and they're shopping in a mall. Also, China is the friend that always lends money to use and expects it back, but they are lenient at the same time.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I posted this already
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    I posted this already
    Alright. My bad. Have someone to merge us then.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Obama can't afford to build a death star, lol.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Mwahaha no matter, soon Obama shall realise he can not build the Death Star for one reason, because my death star is in orbit, and has been in orbit since before I was born! mwahaha
    signed
    Dr Chille

Thank you itachi

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I can vouch for, Dr. Chille. They really can't build one because my lord's Deathstar will just blow it up before its even finished. They are at my masters mercy!.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Obama is a $#@! and needs to go to the ghetto's and hang out with his so called homies

On Topic:

The death star is a joke anyway's, because the amount of money needed is more than we have right now
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dat Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    I can vouch for, Dr. Chille. They really can't build one because my lord's Deathstar will just blow it up before its even finished. They are at my masters mercy!.
    Mwahaha very good my second in command Fon, they shall praise be to SCIENCE once this is all done and dusted!

Thank you itachi

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    While you were building your death star I secretly made a carriers facility and factory which developed my unique weapon of annihilation. The Protoss carrier, with those carriers I will not only destroy all of the death stars and space stations, I will rule over the whole universe! Get ready to get owned
    Last edited by Cybertox; 01-14-2013 at 20:11.

Dat Guy
    While you were building your death star I secretly made a carriers facility and factory which development my unique weapon of annihilation. The Protoss carrier, with those carriers I will not only destroy all of the death stars and space stations, I will rule over the whole universe! Get ready to get owned
    Ha this is the same fault the american's my death star is actually a time machine! I sent it back in time to become earths moon mwahahaha

Thank you itachi

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Lmao..People and their crazy ideas.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

PSN ID
    Chickenooble
    Thanks to Obama, the USA no longer has a federal space program capable of putting people in space without the help of some other countries or private companies. Asking Obama to do anything related to space is a wasted effort; he didn't give a $#@! then, he won't give a $#@! later.

If only nerds and the white house would address more pressing matters, like building a $#@!ing budget.

Thread Information