Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

2. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    that's crazy ass amazing and then some... The detail is amazing and the way it's done is incredible
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator

PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Thought it was "Bull" from Night Court at first lol

5. Likes THUGGEDOUT likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I hope this is how every game looks on the PS4, and not just in cut scenes. I want the characters to look this good on a console, even in-game. Even the $#@!ing trees should look that good cause I'm crazy.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Saw this last year, really amazing job not to mention top row. Are you on zbc itachi?

Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    I hope this is how every game looks on the PS4, and not just in cut scenes. I want the characters to look this good on a console, even in-game. Even the $#@!ing trees should look that good cause I'm crazy.
    It could happen but not in-game, that's just way too many polygons.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I guess you're right, but I can see this happening on the PC soon. One day...

still waiting on dat virtual reality

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by x_terna View Post
    Saw this last year, really amazing job not to mention top row. Are you on zbc itachi?

No I'm not but I frequently visit z brush central and cg society to look at the amazing art posted. recently Dishonored's art designer posted the models for Dishonored
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    I guess you're right, but I can see this happening on the PC soon. One day...

still waiting on dat virtual reality
    My parents still get fooled by my ps3 in thinking I'm watching a movie. they will forget reality if this happens

Like its said already, these are too many polygons. Although I think this maybe possible with a million polys (Naughty Dog recently posted a job listing for a modeler that is good with multi million poly characters)
    Plus we need to leave some improvements for the future. If we get everything next gen than what more is their to be improved graphics wise?

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The textures arent the only thing in graphics so there are a lot of other things left to improve. But yeah those images are really amazing. I doubt that even cut-scenes will look like that in next-gen console, not even speaking about actual gameplay.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Those shots are pretty good!

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I seen some video off the skill put onto this, a behind the scenes if you will and man alive it's amazing what they can do

ps4, I do not know. I do not think it would be powerful enough
    Last edited by claud3; 01-13-2013 at 16:57.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Elite
    No I'm not but I frequently visit z brush central and cg society to look at the amazing art posted. recently Dishonored's art designer posted the models for Dishonored.
    Oh cool cgtalk really good site right there, a lot of information that they give you. I remember looking at those images, they sure are amazing.

Like its said already, these are too many polygons. Although I think this maybe possible with a million polys (Naughty Dog recently posted a job listing for a modeler that is good with multi million poly characters)
    Plus we need to leave some improvements for the future. If we get everything next gen than what more is their to be improved graphics wise?
    Yeah, but every company does that. It probably just means someone that can retopologies a multi-mil character to a low poly character or the use of zbrush/mudbox, and there's a lot of things to improve we just have different ways on working things out. Improvements will always be there.

Ultimate Veteran
    They probably could, if that was all they rendered. Something like this:

Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Oh cool cgtalk really good site right there, a lot of information that they give you. I remember looking at those images, they sure are amazing.

Yeah, but every company does that. It probably just means someone that can retopologies a multi-mil character to a low poly character or the use of zbrush/mudbox, and there's a lot of things to improve we just have different ways on working things out. Improvements will always be there.
    Yeah but the reason that posting was suspicious was because all character sculpts are extremely high poly (gears of war 3 Marcus had a billion poly model for marketing) Compared to that high numbers a measly one million seemed odd

Thread Information