Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

New Keyboard Needed!!

So whilst playing DayZ the other day I died, suffered from rage and eventually broke my keyboard so now I am after a new board!

I was looking at trying to get (assuming I can find it in stock for a reasonable price) a Razer Deathstalker Ultimate keyboard but for 250 I'm a little weary about dropping that kind of money on a keyboard that I haven't used before. It's a chiclet style board, the same style that is on Apple devices but I've never really played games on my mothers MBP so I'm not sure how it would feel.

I'm not a fan of mechanical keyboards so they are out of the question I want a keyboard similar to my existing one (Razer Lycosa) so I prefer the keyboards that have flat buttons!

Anyone with any experience of chiclet style keys or other keyboards hat have laptop style keys? Quite happy to look at alternatives but I'm 99% sure I'll be getting another Razer board.

BBK. Tapatalking

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Damn man, you should really work on your temperament in such situations. I think razer keyboards are quite decent so I would go with one of those. Why dont you like mechanical keyboards?

Forum Sage
    No doubt about that, just got really annoyed that I died in such a cheap way so I hit the keyboard a few times. It still works but it's time to buy a new one. Yeah i'll be sticking with Razer most likely as i'm very fond of their hardware, been using their mice for the last 10 years!

I don't dislike mechanical keyboards but i find the other style, not sure what the style is called so i always call them laptop keys, more comfortable to use over long periods and you don't get as much of that annoying CLICK CLACK CLICK CLACK noise when typing. Just a personal preference i suppose.

I'm mainly swayed to the Deathstalker because of the switchblade interface it has, i'm a sucker for pointless, gimmicky gadgets.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    So whilst playing DayZ the other day I died, suffered from rage and eventually broke my keyboard so now I am after a new board!

I was looking at trying to get (assuming I can find it in stock for a reasonable price) a Razer Deathstalker Ultimate keyboard but for 250 I'm a little weary about dropping that kind of money on a keyboard that I haven't used before. It's a chiclet style board, the same style that is on Apple devices but I've never really played games on my mothers MBP so I'm not sure how it would feel.

I'm not a fan of mechanical keyboards so they are out of the question I want a keyboard similar to my existing one (Razer Lycosa) so I prefer the keyboards that have flat buttons!

Anyone with any experience of chiclet style keys or other keyboards hat have laptop style keys? Quite happy to look at alternatives but I'm 99% sure I'll be getting another Razer board.

BBK. Tapatalking

Are you not scared of breaking an expensive keyboard with that rage :P

What ever keyboard you buy, just aim for one that has light for night gaming.

( also looking for a keyboard and headphones)

BTW, like 3 days ago razor had 50% off all peripherals on their website, literally everything worth getting was sold out within 2 hours :P

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Are you not scared of breaking an expensive keyboard with that rage :P

What ever keyboard you buy, just aim for one that has light for night gaming.

( also looking for a keyboard and headphones)

BTW, like 3 days ago razor had 50% off all peripherals on their website, literally everything worth getting was sold out within 2 hours :P
    It was a one off moment. Usually my desk is victim to my anger but the other day my keyboard got in the way and felt the full wrath

Are you $#@!ing $#@!ting me? that is probably why the keyboard is out of stock, i would've bought one in a heartbeat if it was 115! There's not any on eBay and the only place that has the one I want in stock is Overclockers and they are charging 260 - it doesn't even come with lube for when they bend me over the desk.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    you don't get as much of that annoying CLICK CLACK CLICK CLACK noise when typing. Just a personal preference i suppose.
    Cherry Brown MX switches are just as quiet as a rubber dome keyboard, you do hear a click instead of a flat squish but the tactile feedback is so much nicer and I prefer them over a dome keyboard any day. Your fingers shouldn't hurt after using them that's for sure but like you said, laptop styled keyboards require very little depression of the keys to activate, that would make me typo all day!

Forum Sage
    I have read about those switches. I've heard that is what they are using in the Corsair Vengeance range of keyboards. I know this is a pathetic reason but everything else on my desk, apart from my Asus monitor and Corsair speakers are Razer products so i would like to keep that uniform going.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    That keyboard you want costs more than my graphics card.
    I too need a new board and have been lookign for a while now this one still works but its looking tired, the paint has worn off the wrist rest and where I rest my pinky finger when it not on shift on Ctrl (sprint & duck)

If you want/need antihosting then use the PS2 port its the only way.

Someone mentiond this Rocat Ryos to me looks decent no price as ye but I bet it will not be cheap.

http://www.slashgear.com/roccat-ryos...oard-04263104/

Then another guy reccomended this

Qpad-MK-80 Pro its round 80 whih I think is too much for a keyboard.

Last edited by keefy; 01-13-2013 at 17:02.

Forum Sage
    Well after watching and reading a few reviews it seems that the Ultimate edition isn't worth the money so I may just get the standard one. I can use my ipad when in game. I may hold out for another Razer sale.

BBK. Tapatalking

Supreme Veteran
    does seem like a gimmick is the regular version much cheaper?

Thse keys look horrid I wuld get annoyed with thse for any serious gaming.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-13-2013 at 17:36.

Forum Sage
    The standard Deathstalker is 70 so it's best part of 190 cheaper. I use a dome keyboard so I'm used and quite like shallow keys

BBK. Tapatalking

Master Poster
    Yea the prices are ridiculous.

But i guess you gotta pay for quality.

steelseries apex, from CES 2013, looks very good, but not coming till Q2 from what i have heard. It looks great. It is $99/99 euro ( we in the EU/ UK get $#@!ed on price basically)

Forum Sage
    I don't mind paying a bit more for keyboards and mice, it's the thing you use the most so I like to know its good quality. Not so sure I can wait that long. The escape button is dead and I broke the legs and the wrist support lol.

Note to self: don't get so angry at games

BBK. Tapatalking

Master Poster
    I don't mind paying a bit more for keyboards and mice, it's the thing you use the most so I like to know its good quality. Not so sure I can wait that long. The escape button is dead and I broke the legs and the wrist support lol.

Note to self: don't get so angry at games

BBK. Tapatalking

Easier said than done, I too rage a lot. I think that is why my mouse has started to double click ><

Supreme Veteran
    What you need is an IBM model M those are tough as anything, have removable keys and also go for about the same price as gaming keyboards thesedays.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-13-2013 at 18:58.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    I remember when I used to play ffxi, went through atleast 20 keyboards a year lol, ah the good old days :/

Thank you itachi

Thread Information