Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,504
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    12,885 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Analyst says PS4 launching this October, Xbox 720 in November

    Baird Equity Research’s Colin Sebastian believes that the PS4 will launch in October and will be followed by an Xbox 720 arrival the following month.

    However, he also claims in a note to analysts that he’s heard word of “early production issues with Sony's PS4” that could delay Sony’s plans.

    Oddly, last year had tipsters saying that it was Microsoft’s machine that was suffering technical hiccups.

    "Given the fragile state of the console game market, we expect the E3 trade show in June will take on added significance, most likely providing the industry with the first public opportunity to examine next-generation hardware," Sebastian stated.

    "Our checks suggest that next-generation console hardware will be largely built from 'off the shelf' high-end PC components, along with hybrid physical/digital distribution models, enhanced voice controls and motion sensing (Kinect integration with every Xbox), and broad multi-media capabilities," he detailed.

    He also had a word of warning for Nintendo, whom he believes will need to quickly bring its big franchises to Wii U if it wishes to widen the reach of the new console beyond the company’s loyalists.

    "We remain concerned that Nintendo's innovative Wii-U console will lack broad appeal beyond the core Nintendo fan base,” he argued.
    "Following a somewhat lacklustre launch and holiday selling season, Nintendo will need to bring to market major first-party releases and retain the support of key third-party developers to reduce market share losses. In a negative scenario, Nintendo will be forced to prematurely lower the Wii-U price, and over the course of this cycle, we expect consideration will be given to extending first party franchises to other platforms."
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/analy...vember/0109252
    I'm sorry guys but that mock up in the link.....looks like my toaster lol

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  2. #2
    Forum Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,810
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    39,840 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I hope this isn't true. Them both being close together means it will be unlikely i can get both on launch date.

  3. #3
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,504
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    12,885 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I hope this isn't true. Them both being close together means it will be unlikely i can get both on launch date.
    I'd rather they both get pushed back tbh

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  4. #4
    Dedicated Member
    Syphon_Filter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada, Toronto
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,344
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    6,680 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I hope this isn't true. Them both being close together means it will be unlikely i can get both on launch date.
    For me, PS4 buddy no garbage Xbox any more. I have wasted 320 dollars on useless Xbox with no games. PS4 day one or hopefully my cousin will get some PS4 units early so I can get them.


    CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

  5. #5
    Elite Guru
    berts08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    N.Ireland
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,608
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    8,133 (4,000 Banked)
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    I hope this is true, this gen is really $#@! now for me


    “Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke


    PSN ID: berts08



  6. #6
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,318
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    48,354 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I'd rather they both get pushed back tbh
    You serious? This gen as many quality games are still coming out, is long overdue it's been like 7 years that's insane. Bring on new hardware ASAP. I won't stop playing my ps3 or 360, I still play ps1, 2 and Xbox.

    Give me new toys!


    Via Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,504
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    12,885 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    You serious? This gen as many quality games are still coming out, is long overdue it's been like 7 years that's insane. Bring on new hardware ASAP. I won't stop playing my ps3 or 360, I still play ps1, 2 and Xbox.

    Give me new toys!


    Via Tapatalk
    I don't think a few months will matter and as I work in retail I get my big pay out during the Christmas period so I'd be more prepared, whereas if PS4 releases in october it'll be in the short of funds period for me so I'd have to save or keep money back I have now for it instead.
    so yes, I am serious.

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  8. #8
    Dedicated Member
    Ariakace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,108
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    7,362 (0 Banked)
    bring on the next gen. Ill still pick up my ps3 games, but i think for next gen im going to be getting both consoles. i missed out on a lot of good 360 games this gen because my first xbox red ringed on me so often i said screw it im sticking with ps3. if its a month apart, im fine with that. i get paid every week and if the consoles are actually about 400 bucks a piece, ill be able to afford them both no problem. im really looking forward, and i hope they both launch this year.


    Tacos Rule!

  9. #9
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,412
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    78,653 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I hope to god this is true. I so badly want 2 new consoles now!!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Super Elite
    robvandam111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,405
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    22,127 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    I hope this is false although it is expected. There's definitely some overdue games. They should just announce it by E3 and release it by 2014.

  11. #11
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,504
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    12,885 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    I hope this is false although it is expected. There's definitely some overdue games. They should just announce it by E3 and release it by 2014.
    100% agree
    I think people are forgetting GTA5, MGS5 & GZ, FFXIII: LR are due this year, and theres a $#@! load more I just can't be arsed to list them
    And thats not even including exclusives
    Unless PS4 will be PS3 compatible

    Sent via Codec

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  12. #12
    Forum Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,810
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    39,840 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    My reason for not wanting it to come out then is more of a selfish reason. I want to have both on launch. Both releasing a month after another is too close for me.

    I will say though, i've been ready for the next generation for the last year and a bit now. This one has dragged on long enough

  13. #13
    Master Poster
    LfCpS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    10,788 (0 Banked)
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    If true, i believe the cheapest console ( or even the one with the most marketing) will be the winner of christmas 2013, which could be a huge boost.

    I think MS have more room for spending money right?

  14. #14
    Dedicated Member
    Tven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,013
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    1,501 (0 Banked)
    Items Little Big Planet 2Tommy Vercetti
    Im likely gonna get both, so im gonna have to spread out the purchases to afford both. which to buy first is the question?
    <img src=http://i.imgur.com/128bn.jpg border=0 alt= />

  15. #15
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I hope this isn't true. Them both being close together means it will be unlikely i can get both on launch date.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    My reason for not wanting it to come out then is more of a selfish reason. I want to have both on launch. Both releasing a month after another is too close for me.

    I will say though, i've been ready for the next generation for the last year and a bit now. This one has dragged on long enough
    I know you will do anything in your power to get both on release

  16. #16
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,563
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    26,567 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I said in the past I'd only be buying one next gen.. screw that notion. Bring them both on! I'll be having them both on release even if they are released a month or even a week apart.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,847
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    148,966 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I said in the past I'd only be buying one next gen.. screw that notion. Bring them both on! I'll be having them both on release even if they are released a month or even a week apart.
    I think a lot of people are starting to think the same way, myself included! This is going to be a great year for gaming, I can't wait to see what each side brings to the table in a few months!

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  18. #18
    Elite Member
    D3seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Severn, Maryland
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Posts
    1,816
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    1,773 (20,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim
    I'd like to see this. You analysts. I'll start paying you guys more mind if this turns out remotely true. As for me, I welcome this.


  19. #19
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,660
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    57,600 (0 Banked)
    They best not make 600,000 units for the whole country, and have us waiting over a month to get it.


  20. #20
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,847
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    148,966 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    They best not make 600,000 units for the whole country, and have us waiting over a month to get it.
    Yeah, that would suck! Hopefully because they will be using more common parts that won't be the case!

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  21. #21
    Ultimate Veteran
    coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    long island ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    20,893
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    29,201 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    lets hope so oct cant come fast enough lol

  22. #22
    PSU Media Manager
    JustinPinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Spokane WA
    PSN ID
    King_Dank_Kush
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,007
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    8,406 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I doubt anyone has an idea of what Sony's next platform hardware will be capable of. No one had a clue about the Cell processor and what it was capable of back in 2004-06. Even developers had issues with learning its new "alien" / foreign technology.

    It's possible to figure RAM and certain online components / software, but I believe Sony has the technology to release something futuristic with hardware. Perhaps a progression of the Cell processor, but still far ahead of anything you see in current high-end PC's. Sony plans for long-term, 7-10 years.

  23. #23
    Dedicated Member
    Ariakace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,108
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    7,362 (0 Banked)
    yes, but if sony releases the PS4 in 2013, then chances are by 2018/19 youll see the PS 5 while the PS4 still sells for a few years.

    All reports indicate that Sony is trying to make their system easier to develop for this time around using more "Off the shelf" type components. Developing for the cell processor that the PS3 used was every developers biggest complaint/criticism. And also look how that resulted when multi-platform games were released. Many of them looked superior on the 360 vs the PS3 because they were developed with PC/360 in mind and 360 is basically a scaled down gaming computer, then ported to PS3. I would thing Sony would be looking to avoid such mis-steps this go around and just have something out their everyone is very familiar with, and can handle designing games for without having to learn the inner-workings of a completely new technology nobodys used before.

    Sony most likely will be trying to avoid the same issues that plagued the PS3 through its lifespan.

    And when you mention long term, 7-10 years, yes they mean for that console. So 7 years from now, i expect to see a PS5 ready to be announced/released and the PS3 being completely phased out, with PS4 being pushed to its last legs.


    Tacos Rule!

  24. #24
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,847
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    148,966 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakace View Post
    yes, but if sony releases the PS4 in 2013, then chances are by 2018/19 youll see the PS 5 while the PS4 still sells for a few years.

    All reports indicate that Sony is trying to make their system easier to develop for this time around using more "Off the shelf" type components. Developing for the cell processor that the PS3 used was every developers biggest complaint/criticism. And also look how that resulted when multi-platform games were released. Many of them looked superior on the 360 vs the PS3 because they were developed with PC/360 in mind and 360 is basically a scaled down gaming computer, then ported to PS3. I would thing Sony would be looking to avoid such mis-steps this go around and just have something out their everyone is very familiar with, and can handle designing games for without having to learn the inner-workings of a completely new technology nobodys used before.

    Sony most likely will be trying to avoid the same issues that plagued the PS3 through its lifespan.

    And when you mention long term, 7-10 years, yes they mean for that console. So 7 years from now, i expect to see a PS5 ready to be announced/released and the PS3 being completely phased out, with PS4 being pushed to its last legs.
    yes, Yes, YESSS! Exactly what I am thinking as well!

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  25. #25
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    I think this is the last gen of consoles. No Xbox 4 or PS5.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.