General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation

Heading into open beta on January 22nd

http://www.psu.com/a017991/DUST-514-...beta-next-week

You might also want to check out the thread about what happens to existing players.

There's more stuff about migration on the official site

http://community.eveonline.com/devbl...log&nbid=74180
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

PSN ID
    zombfreak666
    dust is already in the final eve space and affecting fac war

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This game just doesn't interest me, don't "get" it..what is so exciting about it?
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    This game just doesn't interest me, don't "get" it..what is so exciting about it?
    That's what the open beta is for!

I'm not too keen on the details either, but this does look pretty cool, so I'll be sure to download the open beta next week.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Ill be able to dl this via the ps store?

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Ill be able to dl this via the ps store?
    Yeah, that's usually how it happens. A lot of previous PS3 online games put the open beta right on the PS Store.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    It's free to play, $#@!s customisation and is a pioneering milestone in video game development. However, the game will be a very niche game. It's incdepth, this isnt just "pick a few perks then be off running and gunning", there are 100 skills available to fully customise your character, who you will keep and have for years and years. Well, you could take a luck in the vids and articles thread for a better idea. CCP is simply one of the most ambitions and talented companies out there. DUST 514 is just a game though, like all games, it will only appeal to you if it agrees with your tastes, if a sandbox MMORPGFPS that has 5 years of content planned and will be migrating to PS4 doesn't float your boat then the games not for you!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Yeah, that's usually how it happens. A lot of previous PS3 online games put the open beta right on the PS Store.
    I have ps+ so ill keep an eye out on it. Ghostie talks about this game so much I want to see what its all about

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    As I said, it WILL not not be for everyone. It's a very hardcore game. It's for people looking for longevity and continual reward in their shooter. It's very in depth and unlike any other shooter runs on an economy (having to buy your gear etc) but it's an awesome system. I'm excited cause I have seen many little glimpses into future developments for the game and when placed into the scope of the bigger picture, minds will be blown. Also, CCP is making a $#@!ing awesome F2P game, they deserve support for what they're doing, and playing the game is enough.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I also do not understand all this hype for the game.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Well ghostie I will make sure I get my body ready and download it if available to me. I'm quite enjoying GOW beta at the moment!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

12. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I also do not understand all this hype for the game.
    Just the general premise of the game is what sets it apart. As Ghost said, it's an MMO-RPG-FPS.

MAG is the closest thing we ever got to this.

Speaking of MAG.......Ghost, what would you say are the main difference between DUST514 and MAG?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Things that DUST 514 has going for it (IMHO):

It's an FPS-RPG-MMO free on PS3
    It is built into a spaceship MMO on PC
    It's the most realistic war simulator ever
    It allows for full soldier and vehicle customisation
    Over 100 skills allow you to craft exactly the kind of soldier you like to play
    Every single DUST and EVE player exists in ONE server as opposed to most MMOs where there are several servers
    It supports DS3, Move & Kb/M
    It supports custom soundtracks
    It is getting a free Vita app
    It'll be getting about 2 free expansions a year (CCP said they have 5 years of expansions already planned)
    The game was designed from the ground up to be scaleable (it can get bigger and bigger without much issues)
    It will be ported to PS4

CoD and BF players get to pay $60 for a game, play it until the next instalment comes and then start from square one when the next instalment drops.

DUST 514 players get to pay €0.00 for a game and €0.00 for the subsequent DLC/expansions, that will probably be around in 10 years and will continually grow (EVE is 10 years old and has had about 16 free expansions), and will have one persistent soldier who will become more developed and experienced over time.

The latter seems like a more interesting proposition for me personally.
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-14-2013 at 20:09.

15. Likes Zswordsman, Ixion likes this post

PSN ID
    zombfreak666
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I have ps+ so ill keep an eye out on it. Ghostie talks about this game so much I want to see what its all about
    trololol ps+ was admitted into the beta in september :P

and dust isnt just a shooter dust is so much more than that when you get in there you will die. ALOT! but don't let that discourage you because every single person who plays this game died a bunch on their first day. what makes dust so special isnt some shiny toy or weapon that everyone gets the game just to use. what makes dust so special is the fact that everything you see on that battlefield with the exception of structures and the starting lav is owned by another player.

and when i say owned i don't mean they waited in the back for a vehicle to spawn in and grabbed it first. i mean that that character spent the time in game to get the skill points needed to level his merc up in a way that allowed him to use that tank. and on top of that he had to pay with the in game money isk for the vehicle itself its main gun, turrets, and modules. everything on that tank and in it were put there due to his hard work and determination to make the game succeed.

now you may be saying "well that's all well and good but what does that do for me?" well the thing is that for the most part your soldier will be along the same lines you will be using stuff that you fought for the isk to pay for to get the skills necessary to use it. and if you're joining a corp then at some point if your leadership deigns to venture forth into null sec where the systems are owned by the players then everything that you see on that battlefield will have been paid for by the men and women you chose to fight beside.

CCP made it clear early on that in dust "nothing is vanilla and that whatever you lose is gone until you replace it."
    so when you step upon that hallowed field of battle as all around you are dying remember one thing and you shall do well in this game...never use what you cant afford to lose!

17. Likes Ghost likes this post

Thread Information