Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    General Manager
    StevenW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    49,060 (0 Banked)
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation

    The great PlayStation Store rip-off?

    Why can I buy DmC from Zavvi for 37.98 for a packaged product that has had to make it's way from a distributor to retail, yet I pop on the PlayStation Store and they want to charge me 49.99.

    Seriously, what's that all about? Someone please enlighten me.
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,442
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    79,788 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I wish I could enlighten you. Many times I have seen games on the PS Store cost more than retail. Especially PS Vita games.

  3. #3
    Dedicated Member
    Syphon_Filter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada, Toronto
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,344
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    6,680 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I wish I could enlighten you. Many times I have seen games on the PS Store cost more than retail. Especially PS Vita games.
    I agree with you. Lego Batman, ninja 2, spy huner, and some other are games at bestbuy are selling for 19.99. The PSN store is selling them for 34.99 and up.


    CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

  4. #4
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,796
    Rep Power
    118
    Points
    69,155 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yep, it's ridiculous on the EU Store. Ni no Kuni pre order is the same, 49.99 on the EU Store but I'm assuming it's $59.99 on the US Store. I've pretty much ditched the EU Store for 90% of my purchases now.

    And that's before you come to the EA/Ubisoft prices of 57.99...

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  5. #5
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    It's all about convenience. Sadly, I pay it. Do I wish it were less? For sure. But I prefer digital libraries so I am voluntarily taking it up the ass and paying more for the convenience.

  6. #6
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    7,726 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    It's all about convenience. Sadly, I pay it. Do I wish it were less? For sure. But I prefer digital libraries so I am voluntarily taking it up the ass and paying more for the convenience.
    stop doing it.

    you are encouraging them!

    can't you put it off a few years?? as they move towards digital libraries its essential to teach them they cannot just shaft people. its ridiculous.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  7. #7
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,796
    Rep Power
    118
    Points
    69,155 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    It's all about convenience. Sadly, I pay it. Do I wish it were less? For sure. But I prefer digital libraries so I am voluntarily taking it up the ass and paying more for the convenience.
    Yeah but the US prices are more inline with the retail prices, on the UK store they just put any price they want when they should be no more than 39.99.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  8. #8
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Yeah but the US prices are more inline with the retail prices, on the UK store they just put any price they want when they should be no more than 39.99.
    Ah, ok. I didn't catch that. THAT is stupid for sure.

  9. #9
    Master Poster
    LfCpS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    50
    Points
    10,788 (0 Banked)
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Why can I buy DmC from Zavvi for 37.98 for a packaged product that has had to make it's way from a distributor to retail, yet I pop on the PlayStation Store and they want to charge me 49.99.

    Seriously, what's that all about? Someone please enlighten me.
    EXACTLY why i hate the idea of DD for next gen. ( well MS are ok if i recall correctly)

    Its just ridiculous how expensive it is. Everything is a lot more expensive. Look at steam ,that is how you do DD. Making it at least 40 should be the highest.

    I understand it being "convenient" but i mean buying online should also save the publisher money as well.


    This is probably my biggest complaint about PSN. I mean even 11/12 for GTA liberty /vice city stories... a psp game from 2005/6. Crazy.

  10. #10
    General Manager
    StevenW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    49,060 (0 Banked)
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    Yeah, I mean I like the convenience. But I'm more likely to use that convenience if it was 5 cheaper. I'll just order it online with a click of a button and get it delivered the next day. We need to investigate this because this doesn't seem right. Is the Xbox Marketplace the same?
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

  11. #11
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,796
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    86,185 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Biggest problem with DD, they control the price entirely. They can do what they want. Although there are those cases where there is a mandate saying retailers cannot sell for under MSRP. If the dreaded, imo, DD only age comes to play I fear this will be the case with most all purchases. I'm sure we will rarely get any decent sales. Not to mention how long they feel it is ok to keep a game full priced.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  12. #12
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    stop doing it.

    you are encouraging them!


    can't you put it off a few years?? as they move towards digital libraries its essential to teach them they cannot just shaft people. its ridiculous.
    I know

  13. #13
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Varsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    W-s-M
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,415
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    19,431 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Biggest problem with DD, they control the price entirely. They can do what they want. Although there are those cases where there is a mandate saying retailers cannot sell for under MSRP. If the dreaded, imo, DD only age comes to play I fear this will be the case with most all purchases. I'm sure we will rarely get any decent sales. Not to mention how long they feel it is ok to keep a game full priced.
    Steam, GOG, Amazon, and Green Man Gaming says "hi"! Why can't Sony and Microsoft learn from these digital distributors?

  14. #14
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,796
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    86,185 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Steam, GOG, Amazon, and Green Man Gaming says "hi"! Why can't Sony and Microsoft learn from these digital distributors?
    Yeah I know. Those are all great examples of how it should be done. I spend more money on Steam than I do on the PS Store strictly due to price. The prices are just never there for PS Store for me to want to buy stuff. The more they continue with their current pricing model the more I will choose not to buy from them.

    When they have sales they are usually terrible. Nothing to even bat an eye at.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  15. #15
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    7,726 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Steam, GOG, Amazon, and Green Man Gaming says "hi"! Why can't Sony and Microsoft learn from these digital distributors?
    because they don't have to.

    stop buying.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  16. #16
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Varsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    W-s-M
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,415
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    19,431 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    because they don't have to.
    Actually yes they do have to, have you noticed recently that Valve could be eating into the console business now by having the Steam Box plug and play based? It'll be more like a console than a console! And more PC games have been sold during 2012 than consoles games put together - PC game prices are that cheap.

  17. #17
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    7,726 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Actually yes they do have to, have you noticed recently that Valve could be eating into the console business now by having the Steam Box plug and play based? It'll be more like a console than a console! And more PC games have been sold during 2012 than consoles games put together - PC game prices are that cheap.
    they wouldn't be that price if they weren't selling at volumes that MS, Sony and other publishers were happy with.

    in other words too many people are happily being ripped off, which sets a bad precedent.

    until the steam box becomes a valid competitor then neither company has to consider them in their pricing.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  18. #18
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,426
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    38,958 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    The price is the same on PSN as it should be at retail, RRP should be 49.99 etc


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  19. #19
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    7,726 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    The price is the same on PSN as it should be at retail, RRP should be 49.99 etc
    but there are reasons why they are rarely are sold at this price on the street....
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  20. #20
    Super Elite
    Sir_Scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Posts
    2,073
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    10,728 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I'd love to switch my collection to all digital, but price point is a big deal. I don't expect PSN to have Steam-like prices anytime soon, but when I look at a game I might wanna buy off the store at 59.99 and then see it brand new on Amazon for 39.99, I buy Amazon.

  21. #21
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    7,726 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    i have to slap my mate every time he buys 59 quid games. but he's lazy and likes the fact that they predownload for midnight.

    i still think he's a $#@!er for it though
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  22. #22
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,804
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,072 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Sony relies heavily on retail so they cant go giving you super cheap prices cause then thgey $#@! on retail and then retail gets all "2 retailers 1 cup" on sonys ass. Just buy retail!

  23. #23
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,796
    Rep Power
    118
    Points
    69,155 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Sony relies heavily on retail so they cant go giving you super cheap prices cause then thgey $#@! on retail and then retail gets all "2 retailers 1 cup" on sonys ass. Just buy retail!
    SCEA seem to be fine doing it. The worst prices come from third parties though, I think SCEE needs to set some rules on the pricing of their stores because its ridiculous that EA seem to get away with charging 57.99 for a game that costs $59.99 on the US Store.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  24. #24
    Master Poster
    LfCpS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    50
    Points
    10,788 (0 Banked)
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    SCEA seem to be fine doing it. The worst prices come from third parties though, I think SCEE needs to set some rules on the pricing of their stores because its ridiculous that EA seem to get away with charging 57.99 for a game that costs $59.99 on the US Store.
    Same with vita, 39.99 compared to 22 from amazon... Rediculous. Every game is a lot lot more expensive. Its like why even put them up ( i am sure some do buy them :P)

  25. #25
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,392
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    8,028 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Sony relies heavily on retail so they cant go giving you super cheap prices cause then thgey $#@! on retail and then retail gets all "2 retailers 1 cup" on sonys ass. Just buy retail!
    Steam doesn't even give you super-cheap prices on their newer titles. It's only during the seasonal sales (summer, winter etc.) I'm not saying it isn't a great service but I wouldn't hype it up like most people.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-17-2013 at 00:50.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.