Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation

The great PlayStation Store rip-off?

Why can I buy DmC from Zavvi for 37.98 for a packaged product that has had to make it's way from a distributor to retail, yet I pop on the PlayStation Store and they want to charge me 49.99.

Seriously, what's that all about? Someone please enlighten me.
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I wish I could enlighten you. Many times I have seen games on the PS Store cost more than retail. Especially PS Vita games.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Yep, it's ridiculous on the EU Store. Ni no Kuni pre order is the same, 49.99 on the EU Store but I'm assuming it's $59.99 on the US Store. I've pretty much ditched the EU Store for 90% of my purchases now.

And that's before you come to the EA/Ubisoft prices of 57.99...
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Soldier 95B
    It's all about convenience. Sadly, I pay it. Do I wish it were less? For sure. But I prefer digital libraries so I am voluntarily taking it up the ass and paying more for the convenience.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Why can I buy DmC from Zavvi for 37.98 for a packaged product that has had to make it's way from a distributor to retail, yet I pop on the PlayStation Store and they want to charge me 49.99.

Seriously, what's that all about? Someone please enlighten me.
    EXACTLY why i hate the idea of DD for next gen. ( well MS are ok if i recall correctly)

Its just ridiculous how expensive it is. Everything is a lot more expensive. Look at steam ,that is how you do DD. Making it at least 40 should be the highest.

I understand it being "convenient" but i mean buying online should also save the publisher money as well.

This is probably my biggest complaint about PSN. I mean even 11/12 for GTA liberty /vice city stories... a psp game from 2005/6. Crazy.

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    Yeah, I mean I like the convenience. But I'm more likely to use that convenience if it was 5 cheaper. I'll just order it online with a click of a button and get it delivered the next day. We need to investigate this because this doesn't seem right. Is the Xbox Marketplace the same?
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    It's all about convenience. Sadly, I pay it. Do I wish it were less? For sure. But I prefer digital libraries so I am voluntarily taking it up the ass and paying more for the convenience.
    stop doing it.

you are encouraging them!

can't you put it off a few years?? as they move towards digital libraries its essential to teach them they cannot just shaft people. its ridiculous.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Biggest problem with DD, they control the price entirely. They can do what they want. Although there are those cases where there is a mandate saying retailers cannot sell for under MSRP. If the dreaded, imo, DD only age comes to play I fear this will be the case with most all purchases. I'm sure we will rarely get any decent sales. Not to mention how long they feel it is ok to keep a game full priced.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    stop doing it.

you are encouraging them!

can't you put it off a few years?? as they move towards digital libraries its essential to teach them they cannot just shaft people. its ridiculous.
    I know

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    The price is the same on PSN as it should be at retail, RRP should be 49.99 etc

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    The price is the same on PSN as it should be at retail, RRP should be 49.99 etc
    but there are reasons why they are rarely are sold at this price on the street....

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I'd love to switch my collection to all digital, but price point is a big deal. I don't expect PSN to have Steam-like prices anytime soon, but when I look at a game I might wanna buy off the store at 59.99 and then see it brand new on Amazon for 39.99, I buy Amazon.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Yeah but the US prices are more inline with the retail prices, on the UK store they just put any price they want when they should be no more than 39.99.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Yeah but the US prices are more inline with the retail prices, on the UK store they just put any price they want when they should be no more than 39.99.
    Ah, ok. I didn't catch that. THAT is stupid for sure.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    i have to slap my mate every time he buys 59 quid games. but he's lazy and likes the fact that they predownload for midnight.

i still think he's a $#@!er for it though

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Biggest problem with DD, they control the price entirely. They can do what they want. Although there are those cases where there is a mandate saying retailers cannot sell for under MSRP. If the dreaded, imo, DD only age comes to play I fear this will be the case with most all purchases. I'm sure we will rarely get any decent sales. Not to mention how long they feel it is ok to keep a game full priced.
    Steam, GOG, Amazon, and Green Man Gaming says "hi"! Why can't Sony and Microsoft learn from these digital distributors?

17. Likes TheBreezyBB , LfCpS3 likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Sony relies heavily on retail so they cant go giving you super cheap prices cause then thgey $#@! on retail and then retail gets all "2 retailers 1 cup" on sonys ass. Just buy retail!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Sony relies heavily on retail so they cant go giving you super cheap prices cause then thgey $#@! on retail and then retail gets all "2 retailers 1 cup" on sonys ass. Just buy retail!
    SCEA seem to be fine doing it. The worst prices come from third parties though, I think SCEE needs to set some rules on the pricing of their stores because its ridiculous that EA seem to get away with charging 57.99 for a game that costs $59.99 on the US Store.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    SCEA seem to be fine doing it. The worst prices come from third parties though, I think SCEE needs to set some rules on the pricing of their stores because its ridiculous that EA seem to get away with charging 57.99 for a game that costs $59.99 on the US Store.
    Same with vita, 39.99 compared to 22 from amazon... Rediculous. Every game is a lot lot more expensive. Its like why even put them up ( i am sure some do buy them :P)

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    The retailers have Sony's balls in a vice, if they were to offer the games at a lower price they risk them threatening not to supply their games or consoles.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Steam doesn't even give you super-cheap prices on their newer titles. It's only during the seasonal sales (summer, winter etc.) I'm not saying it isn't a great service but I wouldn't hype it up like most people.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-17-2013 at 00:50.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Steam, GOG, Amazon, and Green Man Gaming says "hi"! Why can't Sony and Microsoft learn from these digital distributors?
    Yeah I know. Those are all great examples of how it should be done. I spend more money on Steam than I do on the PS Store strictly due to price. The prices are just never there for PS Store for me to want to buy stuff. The more they continue with their current pricing model the more I will choose not to buy from them.

When they have sales they are usually terrible. Nothing to even bat an eye at.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Um, hello. in Australia EVERY game is at LEAST $10-$20 MORE on the Store. Anyone who buys off it is a sucker. Some sales exempt of course.

Why the hell pay more for something that doesn't full belong to you and you can't lend to people/re sell. So dumb

25. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Um, hello. in Australia EVERY game is at LEAST $10-$20 MORE on the Store. Anyone who buys off it is a sucker. Some sales exempt of course.

Why the hell pay more for something that doesn't full belong to you and you can't lend to people/re sell. So dumb
    Yep. My biggest problem with DD.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    because they don't have to.

stop buying.

Thread Information