Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Too many conflicting reports/rumors for me to believe any of them.

Ultimate Veteran
    They can go back and forth on what next-gen platform will be more powerful. But if the games aren't fun to play then none of it matters.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-17-2013 at 21:37.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

3. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    They can go back and forth on what next-gen platform will be more powerful. But if the games aren't fun to play, then none of it matters.
    I couldn't of said it better myself!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Too many conflicting reports/rumors for me to believe any of them.
    Actually if you read them all and understand them they are all saying pretty much the same thing, just the conclusions people are getting are half arsed in some of the (like VG247).

The various rumours and chip names are all starting to come together in a very solid set of rumors.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Actually if you read them all and understand them they are all saying pretty much the same thing, just the conclusions people are getting are half arsed in some of the (like VG247).

The various rumours and chip names are all starting to come together in a very solid set of rumors.
    Well, the conclusions about overall capabilities of the machines are conflicting as you said. Some say Durango>Orbis, others say Orbis>Durango and yet still there are those who state that they're near identical.

I recognize that MS probably has more raw cash to sink into this than Sony does, given their financial straits, but if they're packaging a Kinect 2.0 sensor in each box... Then something has to take a hit. And I'm gonna guess that they'd rather sacrifice performance than that Kinect 2.0 unit if that's part of their new strategy.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    It says in the first line " developers after a meeting at CES"
    The only thing I know thats Gaf related is a journalist who posts on Gaf regarding this article who said its semi accurate but wasn't allowed to say what parts was invalid or not

Sent via Codec
    Full picture is here...

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...-ahead-of-time

Read my post..it gels with this, just a lot more of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Well, the conclusions about overall capabilities of the machines are conflicting as you said. Some say Durango>Orbis, others say Orbis>Durango and yet still there are those who state that they're near identical.

I recognize that MS probably has more raw cash to sink into this than Sony does, given their financial straits, but if they're packaging a Kinect 2.0 sensor in each box... Then something has to take a hit. And I'm gonna guess that they'd rather sacrifice performance than that Kinect 2.0 unit if that's part of their new strategy.
    Id suggest you gave have a read too, and yeah flop per flop, very very similar, but these guys are raving about what the oban chip is bringing to the party.

Its going to be 1 SOC raw grunt vs 3 SOC with an xtra chip to help the 3 SOC's.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-17-2013 at 21:41.

Elite Guru
    Full picture is here...

A Mynd check out what I posted here: http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...han-PS4-Report

Also leaks are imminent given the fact that some journalists got a hold of the paperwork via the CES meeting and it said that multiple outlets are preparing to leak the info.
    Last edited by X2; 01-17-2013 at 21:48.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

I'm referring to the conflicting conclusions about which is more powerful.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Full picture is here...

Id suggest you gave have a read too, and yeah flop per flop, very very similar, but these guys are raving about what the oban chip is bringing to the party.

I read it, but is this mouth frothing insanity even true? Some of the $#@! they're talking about for the next Xbox is pretty insane and hard to believe. How the hell could they sell this at a competitive price?

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I'm referring to the conflicting conclusions about which is more powerful.
    Its because people aren't really understanding how these systems are put together, which as I have always stated will be the difference. Id love to know what exactly Oban does.
    I aint drawing any conclusions yet, but i do know reading what we have, that both systems on paper are about even in terms of total teraflops.

Veteran
    It's a real hoot that the *NOW INFAMOUS* rumor-gasm in ->2011<-, giving a configuration and reveal date of the 720 during CES2012 has now been exchanged for that being the PS4, and what was once rumored for the PS4, a consolized Power7 and AMD Sea Island GPU, is now being described as the 720. This gets more and more ridiculous. AMD is rapidly approaching a dollar stock, the long time lead left, several of the senior engineers left for Nvidia and AMD is filing action, claiming they went over to Nvidia with 100,000 pages of documents. If you actually believe AMD is going to be the GPU for the PS4, then go ahead and drink the kool aid. The PS4 is going to be the one with the consolized Power7 and a Nvidia Maxwell GPU.
    Last edited by Bligmerk; 01-17-2013 at 22:04.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    It's a real hoot that the *NOW INFAMOUS* rumor-gasm in ->2011<-, giving a configuration and reveal date of the 720 during CES2012 has now been exchanged for that being the PS4, and what was once rumored for the PS4, a consolized Power7 and AMD Southern Island GPU, is now being described as the 720. This gets more and more ridiculous. AMD is rapidly approaching a dollar stock, the long time lead left, several of the senior engineers left for Nvidia and AMD is filing action, claiming they went over to Nvidia with 100,000 pages of documents. If you actually believe AMD is going to be the GPU for the PS4, then go ahead and drink the kool aid. The PS4 is going to be the one with the consolized Power7 and a Nvidia Maxwell GPU.
    I actually hear that the PS4 will be running with dual Voodoo2 boards in SLI mode!

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    It's a real hoot that the *NOW INFAMOUS* rumor-gasm in ->2011<-, giving a configuration and reveal date of the 720 during CES2012 has now been exchanged for that being the PS4, and what was once rumored for the PS4, a consolized Power7 and AMD Southern Island GPU, is now being described as the 720. This gets more and more ridiculous. AMD is rapidly approaching a dollar stock, the long time lead left, several of the senior engineers left for Nvidia and AMD is filing action, claiming they went over to Nvidia with 100,000 pages of documents. If you actually believe AMD is going to be the GPU for the PS4, then go ahead and drink the kool aid. The PS4 is going to be the one with the consolized Power7 and a Nvidia Maxwell GPU.
    You really believe Sony are going IBM?
    Ive never heard that rumor.

Veteran
    I don't understand if PS4 has 1.7 teraflops + 4 GB RAM and Xbox 720 has 1.2 teraflops + 8 GB RAM, which one is supposed to be better?

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I don't understand if PS4 has 1.7 teraflops + 4 GB RAM and Xbox 720 has 1.2 teraflops + 8 GB RAM, which one is supposed to be better?
    Only time will tell...either that or ask Mr. Owl

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    These are GPU ratings only and the rumoured figures are actually..

1.7 tf +4 gb ram
    2x 1.2tf +8gb ram as the rumour is the Xbox has dual GPU's

No one knows, its going to be how they are put together, terflops dont really mean jack.
    On paper, GPU wise, if these rumors are true then is will 1.7 vs 2.4, but in an efficiency manner, who knows. Id tend to take 1x1.7 vs 2x 1.2.
    but again, really depends how they drive those dual GPU's.

Ancient
    Full picture is here...

I read that article you posted in that thread on Gaf, its a load of BS, basically
    Though PS4 is rumoured to have a 2 GPU's and Sony's patent kinda confirms it too

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I read that article you posted in that thread on Gaf, its a load of BS, basically
    Though PS4 is rumoured to have a 2 GPU's and Sony's patent kinda confirms it too

Sent via Codec
    LOL, why is it a load of BS? Its the most legitimate in depth one Ive seen and and ties in nicely with what we have previously heard.
    It even ties in with this thread.

Gaf is a bunch of wanna be's who think they no better than everyone else.

Ultimate Veteran
    Lets hope sony gives the ps4 a little more ram

Elite Guru
    Here's what an insider on Gaf had to say about both articles:
    Originally Posted by lherre:
    In my opinion both machines will be very close, with some details in favor for each one, but I think we will have a ps360 situation again with 2 machines very close.

And some details in the articles are simply wrong.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Elite Guru
    Items User name style

Sent via Codec
    its mainly all plagurised from mistacream's posts on B3D. the guy is intelligent, but the forum would be better without his poorly worded speculation. and that's certainly all it is.

if that was the xbox720 it would blow the ps4 out of the water - and thats not that likely. from either side.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    LOL, why is it a load of BS? Its the most legitimate in depth one Ive seen and and ties in nicely with what we have previously heard.

go and have a look at the source. its all nicked from mistacream's posts. they are tedious and i really wouldn't put much faith in them.

*edit, think he got banned, and is now posting as misterXmedia.

he might end up being right, but it appears to all be disjointed speculation based on scouring patent applications and upcoming tech like stacking.
    Last edited by J3ff3; 01-18-2013 at 00:23.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Ancient

Like J3ff3 said, that article was based on a blog post which even Nowgamer reported on and then updated with the article I posted here
    They're just rumours for us to discuss about, nothing concrete untill we get official release
    But VG247 was the ones that leaked the Vita info before so thats enough to raise a brow, no?

Btw heres the Nowgamer report

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1769813/nextgen_xbox_720_will_be_more_powerful_than_ps4_re port.html

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 01-18-2013 at 00:17.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    So do we now get to accuse devs of being lazy when the Xbox 720 version of a game is visually inferior?

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Like J3ff3 said, that article was based on a blog post which even Nowgamer reported on and then updated with the article I posted here
    They're just rumours for us to discuss about, nothing concrete untill we get official release
    But VG247 was the ones that leaked the Vita info before so thats enough to raise a brow, no?

Btw heres the Nowgamer report

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1769813...s4_report.html

Sent via Codec
    Oh I aint taking anything as legit, or illegit, but to dismiss it as BS, seems a lot like these people know better, when they dont.

Thread Information