Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    These are GPU ratings only and the rumoured figures are actually..

1.7 tf +4 gb ram
    2x 1.2tf +8gb ram as the rumour is the Xbox has dual GPU's

No one knows, its going to be how they are put together, terflops dont really mean jack.
    On paper, GPU wise, if these rumors are true then is will 1.7 vs 2.4, but in an efficiency manner, who knows. Id tend to take 1x1.7 vs 2x 1.2.
    but again, really depends how they drive those dual GPU's.
    Thanks, and yeah I guess we'll just have to wait. I'm really hoping PS4 is better than Xbox 720 cause I'll be buying the best console instead of just going with the PS4.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Oh I aint taking anything as legit, or illegit, but to dismiss it as BS, seems a lot like these people know better, when they dont.
    but when you've got vg247 posting information from an 'insider', when that information originated from a forum member - who by his own admission was just guessing that a blitter and raytracing unit could be included - you've got to question their accuracy.

honestly, i read all this crap 4 or 5 days ago posted on b3d or semi-accurate (can't remember which) from mistercream. he wasn't taken seriously then, and isn't now - and i certainly never saw him, or anyone else claim he had insider knowledge. he was just exploring patents and potential hardware.

for this architecture to then 'popup' as a source in a mainstream article seems incredibly suspicious/unlikely to be accurate.

as i said, i'd love it to be true. but i doubt it.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    but when you've got vg247 posting information from an 'insider', when that information originated from a forum member - who by his own admission was just guessing that a blitter and raytracing unit could be included - you've got to question their accuracy.

honestly, i read all this crap 4 or 5 days ago posted on b3d or semi-accurate (can't remember which) from mistercream. he wasn't taken seriously then, and isn't now - and i certainly never saw him, or anyone else claim he had insider knowledge. he was just exploring patents and potential hardware.

for this architecture to then 'popup' as a source in a mainstream article seems incredibly suspicious/unlikely to be accurate.

as i said, i'd love it to be true. but i doubt it.

Word of advice for B3D: observe, don't participate. A good lot of them, including the mod staff like Shifty_Geezer, are nothing but a bunch of assholes with aspergers syndrome.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Word of advice for B3D: observe, don't participate. A good lot of them, including the mod staff like Shifty_Geezer, are nothing but a bunch of assholes with aspergers syndrome.
    agreed. i don't get involved. but like i said, i read this all days ago.

It is kinda funny that Nowgamers rumor indicates Next Xbox would have "blitter". That idea didnt float around until we had started talking about it.
    http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread...31379&page=758

kind of puts paid to their 'insider' imo.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Lmao

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    well im 50% more impressed by this news lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    50% huh?
    That's a pretty good percentage..lmao

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread...31379&page=758

kind of puts paid to their 'insider' imo.
    Are those b3d guys really taking this $#@! http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/113960.html as the source of their proof? That has to be one of the biggest fanboy sites I've ever seen.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Are those b3d guys really taking this $#@! http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/113960.html as the source of their proof? That has to be one of the biggest fanboy sites I've ever seen.
    Proof would be a loose concept, it is all speculation.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    no, you have it the wrong way around. they have dismissed it out of hand because it includes information that they made up.

either they are endowed with future seeing powers or have guess incredibly accurately (as they've admitted to not having any insider info and where only guessing what the rumour 'custom blocks' were - added to the fact that blitters were last used in atari's/pre gpus as far as i'm aware) or the 'source' of this new rumour (reposted by a few major sites) is either nonexistant, or taking them for a ride.

the blitter comment was a joke by a poster as far as i'm aware. i don't really remember

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Proof would be a loose concept, it is all speculation.
    but some speculation is actually based on more than an active imagination.

and the problem with this latest rumour is that it is being put forward as 'insider knowledge', not speculation.

all i'm saying is that this info was posted (diagrams and all) days ago by mistercream. he wasn't getting much attention and then (as far as i know) got banned. all of a sudden misterxmedia pops up with a limited number of posts and then gaming sites start getting hold of it.

maybe there is some truth to it, and he knew something all along and was dropping hints that everyone was ignoring, but the timing is odd and i very much doubt it. he seemed to be attention seeking.

Thread Information