Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B
    Here is what an insider on PSU had to say....

Looks like we have another console war on our hands boys!!! Post counts up, infractions through the roof, comparison threads flooded, and RAGING console fans getting bent! Welcome back PSU, welcome back!

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    PLEASE!!!!!!

I urge you all to go and READ the threads on B3D forums and semi-accurate (and the like). you will see exactly where these bs rumours are coming from. they might end up being true, but they are NOT from insiders. they are speculation based on tidbits of information gathered from insiders and/or patents.

FOR EXAMPLE. the ray tracing in this article has no basis at all, and certainly didn't come from an insider. it came from an ex-MS employee who worked on audio (bkilian) who claimed their were 3 customised units in the 720 to help out the CPU. ****A RANDOM MEMBER OF THE FORUM SUGGESTED ONE FOR RAY TRACING*****. he even admitted that it was wishful thinking. the only other "evidence" for this comes from various interviews with the lead halo4 dev talking about the benefits of raytracing.

another suggested a blitter - another baseless rumour making the rounds.

*please* have a read around before jumping on the bandwagon. there is actually very little solid info out there, short of the 1.2TF figure, sony's 1.8, the ram and talk of sony's APU. the rest is influx. too many people say its a wash between the consoles for any of this other crap to be *that* likely.

maybe MS are being sneaky releasing FUD to put sony off the scent - but its pretty unlikely and i doubt they're suddenly going to come out with a 3-4tf console.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    PLEASE!!!!!!

I urge you all to go and READ the threads on B3D forums and semi-accurate (and the like). you will see exactly where these bs rumours are coming from. they might end up being true, but they are NOT from insiders. they are speculation based on tidbits of information gathered from insiders and/or patents.

FOR EXAMPLE. the ray tracing in this article has no basis at all, and certainly didn't come from an insider. it came from an ex-MS employee who worked on audio (bkilian) who claimed their were 3 customised units in the 720 to help out the CPU. ****A RANDOM MEMBER OF THE FORUM SUGGESTED ONE FOR RAY TRACING*****. he even admitted that it was wishful thinking. the only other "evidence" for this comes from various interviews with the lead halo4 dev talking about the benefits of raytracing.

another suggested a blitter - another baseless rumour making the rounds.

*please* have a read around before jumping on the bandwagon. there is actually very little solid info out there, short of the 1.2TF figure, sony's 1.8, the ram and talk of sony's APU. the rest is influx. too many people say its a wash between the consoles for any of this other crap to be *that* likely.

maybe MS are being sneaky releasing FUD to put sony off the scent - but its pretty unlikely and i doubt they're suddenly going to come out with a 3-4tf console.
    Except the 1.2 and 1.8 figures coincide almost perfectly, and the fact that its long been rumoured the GPU is a dual design, which would give it 2.4.

Its all conjecture, but its fun conjecture.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Except the 1.2 and 1.8 figures coincide almost perfectly, and the fact that its long been rumoured the GPU is a dual design, which would give it 2.4.

Its all conjecture, but its fun conjecture.
    yes, because the rumours have been created with these numbers in mind to make them seem more plausible. *edit: i was saying the 1.2/1.8/apu rumours do have a basis, but that the others largely don't

Quote Originally Posted by from B3D forums
    I think we've confused ourselves a little.

Everywhere I see the blitter mentioned I can't help it but think it is fake because Shifty naively posted about it here and this blitter appeared in almost every article afterwards.

Too much of a coincidence. If one of the next consoles features a blitter /the new buzzword/ then hats off to Shifty and his extrasensory qualities. I just hope he doesn't get banned for unveiling it. >D That is all.

you shouldn't believe the article, with this 'insider', when several bits of information have been taken from speculation from a random, non-insider, forum member? a member who was just guessing what the custom unit was that the real insider (bkilin - or something like that ) was alluding to (one was a DSP block, and he said nothing of the other 2). i'm fairly sure i know who this 'insider'/imposter is. mistercream/misterxmedia and his blog.

they want to ban all info from his 'site' on their forums.

here's a choice tidbit:

Originally Posted by Misterxmedia
    Neogaf is full of gamers who don't know what is coming in the future. MS their enemy number 1. But don't be fooled by those angry opinions. They just angry because MS steeled the thunder from Sony this gen. They will always fight every little cons MS have to dead. That is their war. They have much more to prove to theirselfs. Lets leave them alone with each other. Sure they will find the truth inside a lie.
    http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/114179.html
    this is where your 'specs' are coming from. a fanboy who has convinced a few sites with some technical knowhow and diagrams that he knows the score, and the sites are acting as if they have the inside edge.

i hope i'm wrong, because they would be beastly machines, but i'm not convinced
    Last edited by J3ff3; 01-18-2013 at 01:06.

5. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style

7. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    yes, because the rumours have been created with these numbers in mind to make them seem more plausible. *edit: i was saying the 1.2/1.8/apu rumours do have a basis, but that the others largely don't

you shouldn't believe the article, with this 'insider', when several bits of information have been taken from speculation from a random, non-insider, forum member? a member who was just guessing what the custom unit was that the real insider (bkilin - or something like that ) was alluding to (one was a DSP block, and he said nothing of the other 2). i'm fairly sure i know who this 'insider'/imposter is. mistercream/misterxmedia and his blog.

they want to ban all info from his 'site' on their forums.

here's a choice tidbit:

http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/114179.html
    this is where your 'specs' are coming from. a fanboy who has convinced a few sites with some technical knowhow and diagrams that he knows the score, and the sites are acting as if they have the inside edge.

i hope i'm wrong, because they would be beastly machines, but i'm not convinced
    I don't "believe" any of it. I do like reading about it all though.

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Its as legit as any other source...

i.e. Not.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-18-2013 at 02:18.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    DBL PST thanks forum.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    I don't "believe' any of it.
    ok, put any faith in it at all.

there must be an element of faith in this article for people to be discussing it at all. i'm just trying to throw a bit of light on the likelihood of it being even close to correct.

i wish it was because i want the next gen to be more powerful than most of the rumours are suggesting.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    ok, put any faith in it at all.

there must be an element of faith in this article for people to be discussing it at all. i'm just trying to throw a bit of light on the likelihood of it being even close to correct.

i wish it was because i want the next gen to be more powerful than most of the rumours are suggesting.
    They are all ocnjecture untill we get some simlar stories from mutlple sources.

At the moment, all I see for this source is this misterxmedia.

So, as I say, its as "legit" as any.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    They are all ocnjecture untill we get some simlar stories from mutlple sources.

At the moment, all I see for this source is this misterxmedia.

So, as I say, its as "legit" as any.
    that is untrue though. if you read the relevant threads you'll see that there have been several leaks that have been treated with skepticism, but all point to very similar hardware configurations (1.2tf, 8gig ram, 8 series gpu etc). however this one seems to have come (largely) from out of the blue.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    that is untrue though. if you read the relevant threads you'll see that there have been several leaks that have been treated with skepticism, but all point to very similar hardware configurations (1.2tf, 8gig ram, 8 series gpu etc). however this one seems to have come (largely) from out of the blue.
    Making it more or less legit?
    Not really they are all rumor.
    By the shear nature of being a rumor you can take them as all be illegitimate until such time as someone proves or disproves their legitimacy.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    Here is some additional info which again falls inline with what is being leaked.
    hmmm...
    An industry insider - it's not clear if they are a developer or someone else
    a unknown "insider". Seems legit!!!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Wow. Emotions are running high in this thread. lol
    Not really, the wine was flowing freely...again :P

OT: It's a good laugh, the back and forthing and confusion of these rumors. These "sources" bring da page hits alright...

16. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Making it more or less legit?
    Not really they are all rumor.
    By the shear nature of being a rumor you can take them as all be illegitimate until such time as someone proves or disproves their legitimacy.
    that doesn't mean that rumours don't hold different weights.

several rumours have 'in not so many words' been confirmed by people close to the industry. with the case of the DSP unit, for example, an ex-MS audio engineer has all but confirmed it exists.

now lets imagine i start a rumour that the ps4 has 12gigs of GDDR5 and post it on a forum.

the two are NOT equal. just because neither are set in stone does not mean that you treat them equally. one is entirely more legitimate than the other. would i bet my house on it? no. would i discuss one seriously and not the other? YES!

especially when one rumour appears to have been ripped from random forum speculation, and you have insiders telling you not to expect a 3-4TF beast.
    Last edited by J3ff3; 01-18-2013 at 10:34.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Snore $#@!ing snore $#@!ing snore... -_- zZzZz same $#@!, different day, and if anyone gives a $#@! about unconfirmed ass fluff from "unknown $#@!ing sucking source" then more power to you, fool!
    if thats your attitude to these theads. why post in them.

quit whining already..

19. Likes mistercrow, Old Man Gamer likes this post
    Superior Member
    that doesn't mean that rumours don't hold different weights.

several rumours have 'in not so many words' been confirmed by people close to the industry. with the case of the DSP unit, for example, an ex-MS audio engineer has all but confirmed it exists.

now lets imagine i start a rumour that the ps4 has 12gigs of GDDR5 and post it on a forum.

the two are NOT equal. just because neither are set in stone does not mean that you treat them equally. one is entirely more legitimate than the other. would i bet my house on it? no. would i discuss one seriously and not the other? YES!

especially when one rumour appears to have been ripped from random forum speculation, and you have insiders telling you not to expect a 3-4TF beast.
    I'm sure that some of this is accurate and some is not. It's just not possible to tell which is which. It is obvious though that some leaks have come from some of those that worked closely on the system but until official information is released, we won't know what is what.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Master Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    I'm sure that some of this is accurate and some is not. It's just not possible to tell which is which. It is obvious though that some leaks have come from some of those that worked closely on the system but until official information is released, we won't know what is what.
    Around this time before the 360 launched rumors were pretty accurate, Even with people saying there was no way it was going to be that powerful.

one of the first Xbox 2 leaks
    Last edited by maltrophstitan; 01-18-2013 at 15:55.

Apprentice
    See but then you know that i know what you knw that it is legit, and i know when i wanna know it because we both know thta i know what you know

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    This. Until it is confirmed treat it all, no matter how much weight you put in the source, as rumour.

Its all schrodinger's cat.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    This. Until it is confirmed treat it all, no matter how much weight you put in the source, as rumour.

Its all schrodinger's cat.
    So all the rumors are both true and false until we look in the box?

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    The difference is that there is no doubt that some of the rumors are true, we just don't know which ones.

We can't just dismiss all of them out of hand, that would be foolish. What's just as foolish is to believe all of the them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Soldier 95B
    So it seems that based on GAF, and other sites, this is the most credible rumor I have seen so far. I guess we should know hopefully by the end of 2013.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Schroeders cat.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Schroeders cat.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    That is what mynd said...

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    The difference is that there is no doubt that some of the rumors are true, we just don't know which ones.

We can't just dismiss all of them out of hand, that would be foolish. What's just as foolish is to believe all of the them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    well, its not possible to believe all of them, because they are contradictory.

all i am saying is that it IS very easy to dismiss some because they are clearly plagurised from uninformed sources who are seeking attention. i'm not dismissing the whole 3Soc idea, but i very much doubt a 3/4TF machine with raytracing (although RT has a little merit due to dev comments, but not much). i also don't believe the blitter bollocks.

and unfortunately, as this whole architecture came from 1 rumour and 1 'insider', these pieces of information do devalue the whole "leak" when compared to other bits of information we have that seem to coroborate each other.

just because we can't know for sure, doesn't mean we have to allow logic to go out the window and start running away with every and any speculation that suits us. obviously the source matters. noone is going to take this post and start tweeting about how the new PS4 beams pictures directly into the brain, just because i mention it here. why is that if everything has merit?
    Last edited by J3ff3; 01-18-2013 at 21:26.

Thread Information