Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    No one was gonna 'invest' much in these anyway. heck we all expected someone to go the Wii route and I'm MORE than impressed by these specs. I really don't care for arguing over stupids numbers, its the games that will speak, and if we get The Last of Us now then I cant wait to see what Sony's first party does next gen.
    did we?

i certainly didn't.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    did we?

i certainly didn't.
    I did, and MS certainly has been influence by it. Good to see sony has't lost sight despite their financial troubles. If anything it would have been MS that could have afforded to take a hit and put out a super computer.

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I did, and MS certainly has been influence by it. Good to see sony has't lost sight despite their financial troubles. If anything it would have been MS that could have afforded to take a hit and put out a super computer.
    I remember Sony saying they want PS4 to be what the PSX was
    Many see the PSX as a weak system (due to the N64)
    But it did have raw polygon pushing power, excellent sound, large CD media storage and easy to develop for
    From the rumors its sound like that what Sony is going for this time
    I wouldn't be surprised if BDXL is included and the PS4 could push more on screen while being identical when developing for as the 720, no excuses in development, just more capable

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I dont think there will be major differences between the consoles hardware.

PSU Technical Advisor
    I'd argue that MS kind of did go the Wii route if alot of these rumors are believable. Their machine will be noticeably less powerful than Orbis when it comes to gaming, and alot of its hardware design seems to be aimed at DVR-like and multimedia functionality. Along with, of course, ensuring Kinect 2.0 is integral to the whole experience.

So in this way they're targeting casuals in a premium way- not with dirt cheap hardware per se but spreading out their design considerations. This, seemingly, will negatively impact game performance.

Soldier 95B
    With them both being so close in power again it seems like a repeat of this gen all over again. Great news for us multiconsole owners.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 01-22-2013 at 18:59.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Dont kid yourself, Sony was influenced by it as well which is the reason for Move. The only difference is that MS was not only influenced by it but even shifted their focus because of it.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-22-2013 at 17:55.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Dont kid yourself, Sony was influenced by it as well which is the reason for Move. The only difference is that MS was not only influenced by it but even shifted their focus because of it.
    umm I was talking about next gen and NO sony is not influenced by it because if they had been, they would forcing move on every game (like MS is shoving kinect down our throats). In fact I can't count more than 5 move games off the top of my head. Sony knows their fans only give a crap about the hardcore games
    Last edited by Itachi; 01-22-2013 at 20:55.

Soldier 95B
    umm I was talking about next gen and NO sony is not influenced by it because if they had been, they would forcing move on every game (like MS is shoving kinect down our throats). In fact I can't count for than 5 move games off the top of my head. Sony knows their fans only give a crap about the hardcore games

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    umm I was talking about next gen and NO sony is not influenced by it because if they had been, they would forcing move on every game (like MS is shoving kinect down our throats).
    Last time I checked you can still buy a xbox360 without kinect. At least i think you can.

In fact I can't count for than 5 move games off the top of my head. Sony knows their fans only give a crap about the hardcore games
    Then why waste time developing the move concept? I think it's more along the lines of the devs just not supporting the device. PS4 will most likely have some sort of move device since MS device is pretty much patented by now.

Soldier 95B
    According to Wiki, the Move is supported in 126 titles, and Kinect is supported in 124 titles. Looks like Sony, Microsoft and third party publishers are forcing this motion all over the place.

Forum Elder
    Sony knows their fans only give a crap about the hardcore games

13. Likes ps3isawesome likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    With them both being so close in power again it seems like a repeat of this gen all over again. Great news for us multiconsole owners.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
    I'm really not convinced this is the case. So far there is a pretty big disparity here in Orbis favor concerning bandwidth and GPU power.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I'm really not convinced this is the case. So far there is a pretty big disparity here in Orbis favor concerning bandwidth and GPU power.
    From what I have read online, in the articles and of course on my daily gaf intake, it seems they are pretty close, if not closer than they were with the PS3/360.

It's too bad that everything hasn't been centralized though. Then again, I am not convinced we know all the details, and I am not convinced these are the true details. I will always remain skeptical until MS and Sony release their figures. Then again, when the 360/PS3 details were released by their respective creators, people still disputed it.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    umm I was talking about next gen and NO sony is not influenced by it because if they had been, they would forcing move on every game (like MS is shoving kinect down our throats). In fact I can't count for than 5 move games off the top of my head. Sony knows their fans only give a crap about the hardcore games
    Then why create Move at all if Sony wasnt influenced by the motion control fad? Move just wasnt supported to the extent that Kinect was. And MS doesn't force Kinect in every single game so to say that if Sony was influenced by it then they would have "forced Move on every game" is ridiculous. I dont have Kinect and I'm still playing 360 games so where is it in being "forced" in "every" game? Now MS definitely shifted focus though but I already acknowledged that in my other post. PS4 will undoubtedly implement Move somehow but core games will still be Sony's focus.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-22-2013 at 21:02.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    lol

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I wonder how much these $#@!ers will cost

If Kinect 2 is bundled in (reading that a lot on the internetz) then $#@! that. Hopefully they have a cheaper sku without kinect

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by yungstar 2006 View Post
    classic!

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    umm I was talking about next gen and NO sony is not influenced by it because if they had been, they would forcing move on every game (like MS is shoving kinect down our throats). In fact I can't count more than 5 move games off the top of my head. Sony knows their fans only give a crap about the hardcore games
    Six-Axis controller...
    Sony was chasing the Wii from day one.

You do know there was no six-axis controller until Sony saw what Nintendo was doing right?

You need to know how they are put together.
    On paper the 360 had a huge bottleneck and should be both GPU and CPU crippled.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-23-2013 at 02:34.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Unless MS is going to release this unit at a higher price or Kinect 2 isn't bundled with every box, all I'm saying is something has to give.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Unless MS is going to release this unit at a higher price or Kinect 2 isn't bundled with every box, all I'm saying is something has to give.
    Meh, kinect doesnt owe em much now. If this new sensor is not much more than 2 sensors, meh. The hard R an D of skeletal tracking is all done.
    Higher fidelity, leas lag versions of it is a natural step forward but not a
    Costly one.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Haven't seen if you've replied to my other post about this yet, but 170gig bandwidth and 192 are significantly high enough that there is no real disparity. And when you consider a 7970 has 155 gigs it does look like neither is a slouch
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    ps2 had insane bandwidth right? how much was it, 48GB/s for EDRAM?
    Last edited by Itachi; 01-23-2013 at 13:43.

Dedicated Member
    ps2 had insane bandwidth right? how much was it?
    PS2 had very high bandwidth on the GPU with the EDRAM. 2560-bit bus at 150MHz, so about 40GB/sec (1024-bit read, 1024-bit write, 512-bit read/write).

The system memory was RDRAM with a max bandwidth of 3.2GB/sec.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    Haven't seen if you've replied to my other post about this yet, but 170gig bandwidth and 192 are significantly high enough that there is no real disparity. And when you consider a 7970 has 155 gigs it does look like neither is a slouch
    I did respond I think.

What I said there was, ESRAM is no full replacement for sticks of GDDR5. It definitely helps to be sure, but I wouldn't say that it negates the advantages of actually going with a superior memory type.

And even with the ESRAM, according to the numbers we have, the 720's bandwidth is still lower.

@Mynd

I'm talking a bout the cost of including the unit in every box- not the R&D. That money has to come from somewhere in the budget man. They either raise the price, sell at a loss (unlikely) or cut corners on hardware. Simple math.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 01-23-2013 at 15:25.

Thread Information