Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Dedicated Member
    Well that doesn't matter since the original ps3 was costing sony ~$840 to make and they were selling for $599. This time their costs are drastically reduced because of a traditional design and no exotic R&D costs. Blu ray is also much cheaper.

It could still happen. If it does, ps4 will be an instant hit, 70 million ps3 users suddenly will have a great reason to own a ps4
    Why? PS3 users who own a PS3 are going to buy a PS4 because it can play PS3 games?

Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    Well some interesting post popped up on NeoGAF

Linky 1 Linky 2

This to me seems more believable.

What did i just read? This doesn't sound believable at all.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    for non tech savy people here are dbz cell saga comparisons:
    Wii U = Picollo (kami fusion)
    Durango = Vegeta (cell games)
    Orbis = Goku (cell games)
    PC = Super Saiyan 2 Gohan (Cell games)?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    PC = Super Saiyan 2 Gohan (Cell games)?
    In terms of raw numbers, yes. But these consoles will produce eyegasms with their exclusives. Expect Agni visuals soon

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    Why? PS3 users who own a PS3 are going to buy a PS4 because it can play PS3 games?

What did i just read? This doesn't sound believable at all.
    Yeah but I meant it as an incentive in addition to the ps4 games and functionalities. Bottom line is if sony taps into the already well established ps3 community with ps4 people WILL buy it. Vita is currently only used for playing psone classics

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Yeah but I meant it as an incentive in addition to the ps4 games and functionalities. Bottom line is if sony taps into the already well established ps3 community with ps4 people WILL buy it. Vita is currently only used for playing psone classics
    I loved being able to play PS2 games on my launch PS3 with an upscaled resolution. I'd be playing PS2 games more often if I could still do that with my Slim.

Also, I hope all of our digital downloads will be easily transferred to the PS4.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Yeah, the 8th gen consoles will be the LAST hardware generation (most likely) before the leap to cloud gaming. In this final hardware Sony would want to enable BC for all its previous platforms. PSone and ps2 will be guaranteed (psn versions atleast) all they need is the cell in the system. Cell costs like $30 now probably

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    Well some interesting post popped up on NeoGAF

Linky 1 Linky 2

This to me seems more believable.
    This, or something close to this description, is the most plausible I have seen in 6 years. It won't be Cell Classic, there isn't much reason or support to do it, but more likely a consolized Power7 that is essentially Cell Evolution. And even if it does get announced in the next few weeks or months, it won't launch until next spring at the earliest with a Maxwell GPU. It may be revealed at GDC then officially announced, maybe stage demonstration at E3. That would be awesome, more alpha kit theater! This time around, the standards aren't in flux, the fab technology is vastly improved regarding yield, Blu-ray is the physical medium standard, and RAM is dirt cheap. Sony is on top of all those, this time around.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Forum Elder
    Oh this is what I was thinking of. This patent filed for dual gpus of different architectures working together.

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...DN/20120320068

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    This, or something close to this description, is the most plausible I have seen in 6 years. It won't be Cell Classic, there isn't much reason or support to do it, but more likely a consolized Power7 that is essentially Cell Evolution. And even if it does get announced in the next few weeks or months, it won't launch until next spring at the earliest with a Maxwell GPU. It may be revealed at GDC then officially announced, maybe stage demonstration at E3. That would be awesome, more alpha kit theater! This time around, the standards aren't in flux, the fab technology is vastly improved regarding yield, Blu-ray is the physical medium standard, and RAM is dirt cheap. Sony is on top of all those, this time around.
    Huh? I think it sounds ridiculous and made up.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    Huh? I think it sounds ridiculous and made up.
    All of this, and every rumor is ridiculous and made up.
    No one, has any info and people are just guessing.
    I'm with Ghost, the dam things are powered by Hamsters until otherwise proven.

I didn't mind a bit of semi hard data coming out but its pretty clear in the past 2 days that we have $#@!wits making $#@! up left right and center so there e-$#@! can prove which imaginary console is going to be better.

Harldy any of them go into and detail about the actual systems make up other than to start listing $#@!ing CPU and GPU and ram.

These aint PC's you stupid $#@!ing rumors $#@!s, your going to have to come with system bus specifics before I'll even start to listen to any one of these rumors any more.

This :

Is as hard a data as we have got , and I believe this was merely plans.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-20-2013 at 04:18.

11. Likes TheBreezyBB , mistercrow likes this post
    Veteran
    This:
    rumored leaks from yesterday and he said the only thing they really got right was the RAM
    for the APU
    Cell runs the show(OS, security, IO, etc.) and also acts as a satellite/accelerator processor
    a Super Companion Chip is: Cell's peripheral LSI, which houses audo and image interfaces supporting high-speed data transfer capability. The chip also supports a group of interfaces for various systems (video, audio input/output, digital AV interface, IEEE1394, digital tuner interface) and a group of interfaces that make it easier to connect standard input/output devices (standard bus interface, high speed network interface and storage device interface.) It's made by Toshiba.
    Like I said, most plausible, not that it was complete or totally correct. The APU sounds like it will be mainly a physics accelerator, just as a lower end PC graphics card in a 2nd PCI-e slot can be used as a physics accelerator. The guy does refer to the Cell as if it were Cell Classic and that's just not going to happen. Seriously, the Cell was clocked at 3.2GHz due to the fab technology at the time. That fab technology has improved over 10 times since then and a regular Cell would easily clock 5GHz with air cooling. It will be a Cell, but Cell Evolved. The Super Companion Chip already exists. It is the two stacked Cells that Toshiba is using in their TV sets. So, the configuration so far is a consolized Power7 "Cell" CPU, some undetermined APU, and the SCC. That leaves the GPU which is going to be an Nvidia Maxwell.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    I don't think nvidia has anything to do with these next consoles. Even if all these reports are made up, then why do each of them name only AMD GPUs? (and very specific at that)

There was a AMD presentation released with their 8000M series launch that mentioned consoles

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    i'm already tired of these fanboy made rumors, even the ones that make the ps4 sound like a beast. Just announce the damn thing and give us details on the specs so all these rumors can stop.

15. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Ancient
    Would Cell being strapped on as the "secret source" enable BC with all Playstations?
    If not I don't wanna know

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Would Cell being strapped on as the "secret source" enable BC with all Playstations?
    If not I don't wanna know

Sent via Codec
    I would say its why this particular rumour got made up.
    So we will have to say yea to that in this particular imaginary console.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    All of this, and every rumor is ridiculous and made up.
    No one, has any info and people are just guessing.
    I'm with Ghost, the dam things are powered by Hamsters until otherwise proven.
    Except the rumours that stated the new Xbox was twice as powerful as PS4 and anything pro Durango in general.

Those rumours you were all over

So transparent

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Except the rumours that stated the new Xbox was twice as powerful as PS4 and anything pro Durango in general.

Those rumours you were all over

So transparent
    Go play with your imaginary toys.
    I was interested in any rumours until I realised what a ridiculous circus this has become.

Its people like you who a making these rumours up.
    Fighting over imaginary toys.
    ROFL
    Last edited by mynd; 01-21-2013 at 19:20.

20. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Veteran
    I don't think nvidia has anything to do with these next consoles. Even if all these reports are made up, then why do each of them name only AMD GPUs? (and very specific at that)
    Trizzle, trazzle, trizzle dom. Time to take the wayback machine Sheldon. It is because the first rumors, regarding the Xbox Next, in early 2011 said so. So, the reason it is, is because some nameless said it is. How can you argue with circular illogic like that? These are all from 2011 regarding the "IMMINENT" announcement of the Xbox Next, that towards the end of 2011 was being "predicted" to happen during CES2012 (didn't happen btw and actually ended up with CES asking MS not to give the keynote anymore). I could put up thousands of these posts from that time era but I really don't have that much time to waste:

http://hardocp.com/article/2011/07/0...sole_hardware/
    E3 Rumors on Next Generation Console Hardware
    "What looks to be a "done deal" at this point is that AMD will be the GPU choice on all three next generation consoles. Yes, all the big guns in the console world, Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony, are looking very much to be part of Team AMD for GPU."

http://www.lensoftruth.com/rumor-nex...-duel-amd-gpu/
    Rumor: Next Xbox To Feature Hexa-Core CPU, Duel AMD GPU

http://pikigeek.com/2011/08/22/next-...e-name-leaked/
    Next Xbox Processor’s Code Name Leaked

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Trizzle, trazzle, trizzle dom. Time to take the wayback machine Sheldon. It is because the first rumors, regarding the Xbox Next, in early 2011 said so. So, the reason it is, is because some nameless said it is. How can you argue with circular illogic like that? These are all from 2011 regarding the "IMMINENT" announcement of the Xbox Next, that towards the end of 2011 was being "predicted" to happen during CES2012 (didn't happen btw and actually ended up with CES asking MS not to give the keynote anymore). I could put up thousands of these posts from that time era but I really don't have that much time to waste:
    That's just plain illogical. Any proof that all rumours are aiming to copy each other?
    Why would anyone copy other false rumours if they can get more hits for reporting new material? Furthermore did you just ignore the AMD slide?

I don't understand why AMD supplying components is so unbelievable for you

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Go play with your imaginary toys.
    I was interested in any rumours until I realised what a ridiculous circus this has become.

Its people like you who a making these rumours up.
    Fighting over imaginary toys.
    ROFL
    I have made like 5 posts in this whole section

But yeah, people like me. haha, wow, you'd think a 40 year old bloke would be a little less childish. You were frothing at the mouth r.e. the rumours that the next box was twice as powerful as the PS4, reading through a week afterwards made for a few good laughs.

Your posts speak for themselves. I expect you'll spend the next 5-7 years putting down the PS4 without even owning one. Probably will never even use one.

24. Likes x_terna, Kauldron, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I have made like 5 posts in this whole section

But yeah, people like me. haha, wow, you'd think a 40 year old bloke would be a little less childish.
    You were frothing at the mouth r.e. the rumours that the next box was twice as powerful as the PS4, reading through a week afterwards made for a few good laughs.

Your posts speak for themselves. I expect you'll spend the next 5-7 years putting down the PS4 without even owning one. Probably will never even use one.
    My posts do speak for themselves, you just clearly cant read.
    And "people like you" refer to someone who be childish enough to point finger at members because they have had enough rumors bouncing around that they have given up on the idea that any of this, is even remotely true. It also points to someone who is desperate for any of this to be true.

If you have read my posts, you know this...

In a PS4 thread..
    On paper, GPU wise, if these rumors are true then is will 1.7 vs 2.4, but in an efficiency manner, who knows. Id tend to take 1x1.7 vs 2x 1.2.
    OMG did I just say Id prefer the PS4 in that scenario?

Why yes I did.

Ancient
    An interesting bit from another interview with Kojima that was conducted when he was in Dubai, from DvLZGame (keep in mind this is a translation).

Kojima was asked if Ground Zeroes will be released for next gen systems. He answered that this was ‘a secret he could not talk about’.

The interviewer continued by saying he expected Microsoft and Sony to announce their new consoles this E3 or sooner, and he expects to see more of Ground Zeroes then, since he believes it will be for those systems. Kojima replied by saying: “We will see about this one day… Maybe sooner than you think.”

Of course Kojima is deliberately being vague here, so how to interpret his comments is hard to say. But it does seem to at least imply the game is going to be available on the next generation systems. At the vey least Kojima is working on next gen consoles with the FOX Engine. All we can do now is wait.
    Source: http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=4607

MGS:GZ is on PS4 it seems, but the Demo was PS3 spec

Sent via Codec

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Source: http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=4607

MGS:GZ is on PS4 it seems, but the Demo was PS3 spec

Sent via Codec
    I would imagine ther ea re plenty of games that will be ported, I can think of games like Splinter Cell, etc that wouldn't surprise me if they ended up on next gen systems in some form.

Ancient
    I would imagine ther ea re plenty of games that will be ported, I can think of games like Splinter Cell, etc that wouldn't surprise me if they ended up on next gen systems in some form.
    Yeah cash-in launch games.
    But this sounds like it was suppose to be nextgen but couldn't be announced because MS/Sony

Sent via Codec

Veteran
    That's just plain illogical. Any proof that all rumours are aiming to copy each other?
    Why would anyone copy other false rumours if they can get more hits for reporting new material? Furthermore did you just ignore the AMD slide?
    Yes, that is what I said, your question was answered by the reason which is totally illogical. Rumors are NOT TRYING TO COPY EACH OTHER. THEY ARE EACH TRYING TO OUTDO THE PREVIOUS RUMOR. What is being pointed out to you is the BEGINNING RUMOR was in -->2011<-- and if you had read those links, lo and behold, in 2013, they sound almost the same -- except most of it is being attributed to the PS4, not the 720.

That AMD slide is a marketing slide. Of course, they claim to be premiere in gaming. Who in their right mind working there is going to say what AMD is rapidly becoming: a company that sold off its fabrication facilities, that failed at introducing notebook chips and was a no show for tablet and smartphone GPU's, that is rebranding GPU release numbers and not meeting projections in any product line.

There was a time there about 3 years that there was a sudden flurry of "devs" on these forums. The only problem after their first unasked for declaration they were a "dev" was they would post technical mumbo-jumbo. They would be intense for a couple weeks then drop off, then the next one would show up. I can see how this is occurring:

Johnny: Mum, I don't know what I am.
    Mum: Why Johnny, you are the smartest boy in the world.
    Johnny: Really, mum? What can I be?
    Mum: Oh Johnny, you can be anything you want in this life, you are blessed.
    Johnny: Yeah! Can I be a dev, mum?
    Mum: Johnny, Johnny, of course you can be a dev. You are already a dev and extremely talented.
    Johnny: Alright! Time for me to get on that idiot forum and notify those punks I am a dev and have arrived with gospel truth.

Thread Information