Latest PSU headlines:

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

MGR: Revengeance - Boss battle trailer

Konami has released a new gameplay trailer for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance showing Raiden going toe-to-toe with the three cyborgs of Desperado Enforcement’s “Winds of Destruction” unit—Mistral, Monsoon, and Sundowner. At the end of the clip, there’s a short tease for Raiden’s battle against Samuel.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is due for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on February 19 in North America, February 22 in Europe, and for PlayStation 3 in Japan on February 21. Watch the trailer below.

via Gematsu.

I thought it looked pretty intense.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-18-2013 at 20:10.

2. Likes Jaeger likes this post
    Master Sage
    I think there's only a small handful of people who are genuinely interested in this game and have it on their radar and I'm more than happy to admit to being one of those people. The graphics look sleek, the animation looks amazing, the overall design is astounding and the gameplay looks addicting as hell. I'll probably pick this up on day one.

Ultimate Veteran
    There's nothing wrong in admitting that you're interested in trying it out. I continue to see people bring up Metal Gear Solid even though it's obvious at this point that Rising is its own series. The stealth elements and crouching being omitted shouldn't surprise anyone.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-18-2013 at 20:35.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    xSoloWing--
    It's looking to be a promising game. Been a fan of Raiden since MGS2. Don't see why no one else can. I've played the demo,and it's really fun. For being a demo, I felt like I was playing a finished product of the game. I rarely saw frames drop at all. A lot of fast paced action, characters animations were smooth. Just like you would see in almost any game made by Japanese developers. Really loving it so far. I believe PG can pull this off.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    I think there's only a small handful of people who are genuinely interested in this game and have it on their radar and I'm more than happy to admit to being one of those people. The graphics look sleek, the animation looks amazing, the overall design is astounding and the gameplay looks addicting as hell. I'll probably pick this up on day one.
    The game has very poor game-play and it doesn't deliver anything new nor an experience. After I have played the demo for 10 minutes. I have deleted the demo from my PS3. This game is only about ran, hack, and slash. You can't hide, can't take cover, nor providing anything new. I was hoping this game will be something different and totally its not as the other developers does. Just good graphic, poor game-play, and or short story. Definitly is not worth 60 dollars, I will try the game when the price will be 19.99 or 9.99.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Syphon it's not a traditional MGS game though. This is Platinum Games' take on the series and honestly, the combat is $#@!ing amazing. Rock solid graphics and performance - the only problem I have is the voice acting is $#@!/over the top but I think that's what they were going for anyway lol. I love how integral the parry/counter combo is in successfully slicing opponents. I'd bet the tougher enemies in the game are really tough

If you don't typically like Platinum games' titles then yeah you probably won't like this, but as far as as this genre goes we're getting spoiled with this, DmC and GoW out within a few months of eachother =P

8. Likes bigCman123, Shibby likes this post
    Apprentice
    There's only two things about the game that I hate:

1.) Why no evade button? I always tried to evade in the demo, but I couldn't.
    2.) So in blade-mode (L1), I adjust the camera with the left analog stick (up down left right) and the angle is adjusted with the right analog stick. Why can't I just press R1 when I've found the perfect angle to slice, instead of "slicing" with the right analog stick itself? I mean you have to get the camera right, and then the angle, and then you have to push the right stick RAPIDLY in the opposite direction to slice. And you have to be careful not to push the stick all the way when you're adjusting the angle, because if you do, the push in the opposite direction will just switch the angle around and won't result in a cut. That sucks.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by MBS D@v!d View Post
    There's only two things about the game that I hate:

1.) Why no evade button? I always tried to evade in the demo, but I couldn't.
    2.) So in blade-mode (L1), I adjust the camera with the left analog stick (up down left right) and the angle is adjusted with the right analog stick. Why can't I just press R1 when I've found the perfect angle to slice, instead of "slicing" with the right analog stick itself? I mean you have to get the camera right, and then the angle, and then you have to push the right stick RAPIDLY in the opposite direction to slice. And you have to be careful not to push the stick all the way when you're adjusting the angle, because if you do, the push in the opposite direction will just switch the angle around and won't result in a cut. That sucks.
    Dude, you can slice with R1 when in blade mode. It's all I ever do and beats the right analogue stick by a mile. Try it out yourself.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yeah just use square and triangle to slice vertically or sideways when in blade mode. The right analog slice is not that fun but you can see why it's there

Would have been nice if there was an evade button but parry/counter is an extremely core element of the game - that when mastered - is very satisfying imo. Part of the reason I love the combat in the game

Check this insightful piece out by Takahisa Taura (game designer for rising) on parry and counter. Probably worth a thread but I just got home!

http://platinumgames.com/2013/01/30/...he-blade-mode/

Thread Information