sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Smile PS4 and Xbox 720 Unveiled

PS4 and Xbox 720 Unveiled

Dev spills the beans on Reddit

by Nicholas Laborde

©2013 Nicholas Laborde

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, it’s impossible to be a gamer and not be constantly assaulted with rumors about thenext-gen consoles.
    “I think it will cure cancer,” or “I think world peace will occur,” or even, “It will fix the world economy” are all legitimate claims at this point.
    However, the motherload has finally arrived.
    A developer choosing to remain anonymous for obvious reasons has spilled the beans on Reddit, giving juicy details about what to expect from the next gen systems.
    Buckle up, because it’s fascinating.
    Orbis and Durango

The user claims to be an anonymous developer that has worked/had time with both consoles, but obviously is under NDA and can’t release anything too detailed.
    The high points, however, are below.
    Ports

Way back in the day, ports were difficult since all of the consoles were specifically different and highly specialized. The Xbox was the start of a multiplat revolution since it was similar to a PC.
    This gen further proved that, and next gen will cement the fact that ports will be easy.
    The next consoles from Sony and Microsoft will supposedly share similar architecture that will make cross-platform development much easier.
    The 720 is essentially a Windows PC, and the PS4 is basically a Linux PC. This way, developers could port things easily from the 720, PC, PS4 and SteamBox.
    CPU

While the user did not divulge much specific information about the CPU of the mysterious consoles, he did state that it will most likely be very green on power.
    Having more cores is an advantage since you can shut off the ones you aren’t using, and as the user goes on to explain, you could have a console that’s barely using any power or cores while you’re watching Netflix, leading to a nearly silent console.
    The user gets very excited about this, as AMD is a strong proponent of using different cores for different situations, and if both consoles are running AMD processors, the possibilities may be endless.
    GPU

At this point of the post, the user is very disappointed in the hardware of the systems. The graphical power would be very similar to that of an HD 7850.
    For those of you that have no idea what I just said, it should be noted that this would allowBattlefield 3 to run at full 1080p resolution and never dipping below 60 FPS.
    As such, this would set a new visual standard for games.
    Microsoft and Sony’s strategies

Both companies are opting for different hardware strategies.
    Supposedly, Microsoft is opting for slower RAM but more of it, while Sony is going for faster RAM but less of it.
    This would allow Microsoft to have Kinect 2.0, and the PS4 to truly be a workhorse. It should also be pointed out that Sony is investing a lot in the system’s GPU compared to that of Microsoft.
    In descending order, the most powerful system would be the PS4 with the Xbox 720 in the middle and the Wii U at the bottom.
    Also, while the final price point itself is unknown, it appears both consoles should launch for about the same price to make them more competitive (and to prevent more $599USD debacles).
    Soon…

Rumor has it that the PS4 will be revealed as soon as the next few weeks, and the next Xbox will be revealed as late as E3.
    All that we can do for now is to wait, and enjoy the first entry into next-gen, the Wii U.
    What do you think? Will any of this come true? Or is it just fishing for attention?
    Personally, I think it’s credible as you’d have to have extensive knowledge and a lot of time in order to come up with such a detailed story.
    Time will tell regardless.
    http://oxcgn.com/2013/01/20/ps4-and-...ans-on-reddit/

so he says he knows
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    Not entirely sure whether to buy into this...
    "Everything that has ever happened has been leading up to this very moment"

"What happened to bros before hoes?" "Well, this one isn't a hoe, so she's first."

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    again. bull$#@!.

i could've written this article.there is nothing there that hasn't been discussed time and time again. just another uses trawling through forums collecting details.

if he was posting annonymously on reddit and has access to the consoles, why DIDN'T he reveal anything that we don't know?
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Yeah, this guy basically summed up the existing rumors.

But perhaps that means the rumors are becoming closer to reality...

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Could be legit just as much as it could be fake. I don't know why they would unveil the PS4 in a couple weeks though... GDC i would think at the least. I mean that's just a rumor to begin with but still.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Smells like tits to me. Nothing said there that a complete moron couldn't put together.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    again. bull$#@!.

i could've written this article.there is nothing there that hasn't been discussed time and time again. just another uses trawling through forums collecting details.

if he was posting annonymously on reddit and has access to the consoles, why DIDN'T he reveal anything that we don't know?
    This.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Could be legit just as much as it could be fake. I don't know why they would unveil the PS4 in a couple weeks though... GDC i would think at the least. I mean that's just a rumor to begin with but still.
    Well, a few weeks away might be a little far fetched... i wouldnt be too surprised though. The PS2 and PS3 were both revealed very early in the years they were shown. PS2 was revealed in March of 1999, and the ps3 in may of 2005. February might be a little early, but based on that kind of history, id be shocked if Sony actually waited until E3 to reveal the PS4. That being said, i think in 1999 when they revealed the PS2, E3 was held in march... or maybe that was for the ps3 in may... i forget. its on wikipedia anyhow.

as for the article, im saying its a fake. I doubt anyone actually leaked any information about it. Its a hoax, albeit a well written one. nothing too detailed, nothing shocking, nothing we havent heard already.

Tacos Rule!

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    If true ( i doubt, just saying what others have) we will see in a few weeks for the ps4.

Veteran
    It's going to be just rumor stacked on rumor now until there is some official announcement. This reddit "dev" is just recycling some old rumors from last year, throwing in more wild ass guesses as garnish. A Linux PS4 seems highly unlikely, considering Sony has embraced Android for their smart phones and tablets, has a line of PC's that have never even hinted at using Linux, and never shown any interest in Linux. There are a lot of stupid things going on with all these rumors and they will get more stupid, unless somebody actually gets something that looks like a real leak. The only thing that seems to be emerging from all this hub-bub is that it is looking somewhat likely there will be a chance of some early reveal at GDC, not too far away now, or the Sony meeting comes out and some general statement is given by Sony like "we are working on the next gen".

The funny thing about the source of this OP rumor is that it has a long comment field (not the one on n4g) and their comments tend to go off track there anyway, but it suddenly shifted to Ni No Kuni, how great it looked. Now there are a whole bunch of people saying they have to go get a PS3 to play that game or others that had never heard of it until just then and were going out to get it.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    A Linux PS4 seems highly unlikely, considering Sony has embraced Android for their smart phones and tablets, has a line of PC's that have never even hinted at using Linux, and never shown any interest in Linux.
    perhaps they are following the Valve route?

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I'm not gonna believe anything until it comes out officially, don't like making a habit of pushing bull$#@! around

Veteran
    It sounds like he went through the PS4 rumors section here on PSU, compiled the information and talk like that's the real deal.

14. Likes robvandam111 likes this post
    Master Guru
    I like how the new consoles always have ridiculous design concepts and never end up looking like that.

16. Likes RedDragon7 likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    I like how the new consoles always have ridiculous design concepts and never end up looking like that.
    I hate those so called "Designs" with a passion, they are always so garish and made by people who obviously have no taste.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

18. Likes Linconan likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    It sounds like he went through the PS4 rumors section here on PSU, compiled the information and talk like that's the real deal.
    Yeah, the OP is a real mish-mash of what we have heard before. It is occurring to me that this AMD APU with Steamroller cores is actually for the 720 and that it's the one that is being clocked at 1.7GHz. That would really make sense since MS has a close working relationship with AMD, not Sony, and this AMD APU is derived from their work for a notebook chip. Somebody is mixing this up or deliberately trying to swap configuration descriptions. Would be kind of a stupid effort if the hardware comes out different from what they are trying to pass it off as, the hardware for the 720 being described for the PS4 and the hardware for the PS4 being described for the 720. Nobody ever does a follow up on all these stupid rumors after the official announcements anyway. It just seems so bizarre that so many online people want to claim to be a "dev", even if it is only for 15 minutes of forum posting fame.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakace View Post
    Well, a few weeks away might be a little far fetched... i wouldnt be too surprised though. The PS2 and PS3 were both revealed very early in the years they were shown. PS2 was revealed in March of 1999, and the ps3 in may of 2005. February might be a little early, but based on that kind of history, id be shocked if Sony actually waited until E3 to reveal the PS4. That being said, i think in 1999 when they revealed the PS2, E3 was held in march... or maybe that was for the ps3 in may... i forget. its on wikipedia anyhow.

as for the article, im saying its a fake. I doubt anyone actually leaked any information about it. Its a hoax, albeit a well written one. nothing too detailed, nothing shocking, nothing we havent heard already.
    Yeah I have very little knowledge of the subject so i wouldn't know lol. Plus I haven't been up on the rumors until now.

Ultimate Veteran
    this rumors are geting good. i cant waite to see the PS4

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    wait wait their my trust worthy backstabbing friends LMFAO

i got that info from N4G.COM and i am not a con and i know it's a rumor and most likely lies

But i am not the only one that has posted lies and rumors over this whole madness surrounding the PS4 and XBOX 720
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    What smells like bulls**t?

Oh, this article.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I think we gathered this is BULL$#@! big time and can not be proven in any way

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Major bull$#@! percentage of the source detected.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    wait wait their my trust worthy backstabbing friends LMFAO

i got that info from N4G.COM and i am not a con and i know it's a rumor and most likely lies

But i am not the only one that has posted lies and rumors over this whole madness surrounding the PS4 and XBOX 720
    no offense, but that's not really an excuse. if you know a source had little value, perhaps don't post it?
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    no offense, but that's not really an excuse. if you know a source had little value, perhaps don't post it?
    OP admitted it was bull$#@! so I see no reason to keep it open. No new information either, from what I can gather.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Thread Information