Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    What do people want them to add in? And it's not a simple copy and paste. BO2 is different from MW3 in the same way MW3 was different from its predecessors

BBK. Tapatalking

2. Likes Omar likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    That's just one of the reasons people would argue why they hate it. I actually like the improvements they made in BO2.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

4. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    I think Black Ops II has certainly helped the series as people can see more in it than the copy and paste CoD tends to get each year with just a trickle of new features.

For me my favourite is WaW which was probably why I enjoyed the original black ops so much with the odd mission chucked in with the mp40, ppsh and the whole Reznov thing. Other than the original MW, the others just seem too fast paced in comparison where your life has no value online at all and struggle to find anyone actually playing the objective. Black ops II certainly helped with the score streak system but I remember years ago where every single person on a team was wanting to plant, defuse, capture, defend objectives. Now it all seems to be about KDR.

I sold Black Ops II around Christmas time and havent thought about it or missed it at all, its actually made me appreciate other games more that ive been going through like hitman, far cry 3 and assassins creed.

Its almost like the series puts a spell on people that makes them think no other game exists outside the realms of CoD.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    The C.O.D games are not copy and paste, if they were all the games would be the same

They are modern day captures of war, and yes war never changes but the strategy and outcomes do
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    What do people want them to add in? And it's not a simple copy and paste. BO2 is different from MW3 in the same way MW3 was different from its predecessors

BBK. Tapatalking
    If the single player was longer then I would purchase them, I dont play fps games online unless its Co-Op

Thank you itachi

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    People play it to have people to play with, they see their friends playing it all the time so buy the game so they have someone to play with.

the whole killsteaks system is just wrong Rewarding the player thats doing the best by giving them easier ways to get more kills isn't exactly fair especially when that thing is floating above raining down bullets and whats more is the player is not inside it so when it gets shot down they do not even get penalised a death. There is absolutely no downside to these killstreaks.

Killzone 2 has the worst controls in a recent FPS console game and that ruins it far more than any amount of decent gameplay and atmosphere it has.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-20-2013 at 15:04.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Bringing up Killzone in this thread is pointless. It is nowhere near as popular as the COD franchise and never will be. The ONLY other franchise comparable is Battlefield.

Why is there so much hate towards Call of Duty? Because Activision feels it is necessary to push out a new damn game every single year. This is why people complain. This new one took features away from the last one......This new one has less maps than the last one. It will never end and people will always complain.

For me, Call of Duty left it's roots and started making the game extremely tedious. Call of Duty 2 was the last one I really got in to. No advantages for any team. Go out there and the better players won at the end of the day. Now if you are a new player, you will suck because you don't have all these perks that these other guys have.

I miss the glory days of Call of Duty..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    COD is not hated?

Type "I hate COD" on google.
    I guess this was aimed at my post. I didn't say it's not hated, only that it's not hated "so much". Genuinely speaking, anyway. Most people I hear who "hate" CoD tend to place their assessment on what the series represents instead of the games' merits or lack thereof. You then have people like Lethal who actually have an informed reason for not liking the series, and yet I don't see responses like that nearly as often. But this might just be me.

Anyway, if you consider both angles as a hate worth noting, then yes, it is most definitely hated "so much".
    Last edited by Bio; 01-20-2013 at 15:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

11. Likes Omar likes this post
    Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Though guess im the only one who is pissed black ops 2 doesnt have Zork 2

Thank you itachi

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    The C.O.D games are not copy and paste, if they were all the games would be the same
    MW, MW2, MW3. Ive seen more updates and features added in online DLC compared to the differences between the 3 of these.

As I said, Black ops II has certainly helped the series and took it in another direction but it is the only stand out difference since the original MW.

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy a blast on cod now and then and prestiged plenty of times in all of them, the smooth game play is excellent, its just a shame that imo the rest of it is now pretty stale, boring and a chore to play rather than an enjoyment as it was afew years ago.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I hate what it has become post Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The game is too stupefied now with over the top nonsense and handicapping. That's why I personally hate COD now. However, it is still fun to make people cry and play with friends.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Own it since release but rarely play it as it is just not my idea of entertainment. In the US people hate on everything good or bad lol.

I blame the internet

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Thanks to the trajectory the franchise has taken it has tainted mostly every other brand besides Killzone. Due to the success of COD, other companies with their FPSs are taking it more to a business approach than making a game that's you'd know it'll be worth the $60. The franchise are also releasing a sequel every year. Why? Because the public are very easy to manipulated to catch the bait. It's unfortunate to see a genre that has been popular only to become a fishing pool of money.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    -Yearly releases - CoD is not that special anymore, it's oversaturated.
    -The developers are creatively trapped. IW at least consisted of a great team. They could work on something new.
    -Killstreaks - one of the worst additions to shooters.
    -Overstimulation of the player. They had one shocking moment in CoD4 which people liked, so they thought they should have a hundred of them in their sequels. Dulls the senses and ruins the game.
    -Such business practices are awarded.

E: I don't hate it, I hate what it represents now. I loved CoD4, but that is ruined now.
    Last edited by Naxi; 01-20-2013 at 16:48.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

19. Likes Bio, Fijiandoce, Cybertox likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Because its not innovative.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I know this issue has been beaten to death but I'm curious as to why the series is hated so much. How this differs is that I'd like a real, legitimate reason as to why this series shouldn't exist or so is implied imo.

Since MW, the series has pioneered the FPS genre in terms of multiplayer.

Some of the things that still keep lead over every other shooter out there, easily, are:

1) Great controls (extremely important in a multiplayer shooter...or in any shooter...or any game for that matter).

2) Abundance of multiplayer modes.

3) 60fps or close to it most of the time.

4) Perks...although this is more like a preference. I do enjoy games with or without them although I can't think of a single game that has done it at least decently as COD has this generation.

Some other mentions are, imo, graphics as they may not be the best but maybe I'm looking at a different game here but to me, this is probably the best-looking multiplayer shooter series that boasts 60 fps. If there is another, please do let me know.

They've always improved on guns and gun attachments...people don't notice this but they always have.

I'm trying to keep this short but just about the only criticism I can think of as far as the COD series is that they have been milking it but why would you not when you have so many fans? And yes, the CEO dude is a douche. And yes, they did go a little crazy with killstreaks and stuff but I think they've tried to quiet that down in the later series.

Having played almost all great shooters of this generation, I just don't understand all the hate and I also fail to understand how people can hate something so much that has influenced almost every multiplayer shooter after it...mostly in good ways. MW was also influenced by shooters before it, it just made things better for others.

COD series looks like it's for newbies from face value but it does go pretty deep if you allow it to. It takes a lot of elements from one of the best shooters to date out there, Counter Strike and that's something, imo, you can't hate much on.

Yearly releases.

MP requires essentially no skill.

Really gets stagnant with the repetitive gameplay.

Developers tend to hold on the game engines for too long, not doing as much to make the games significantly better than the previous version.

Teamwork is essentially nonexistent.

Game series seems to be becoming worse with time but sells more copies/makes more money every year.

Some reason why not to like COD.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    damn straight! im still trying to "Catch'em all"

fun fact about me: my go-to pokemon team: lvl 100 Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Charizard, Gyrados. thats how i rolled!
    just wanted to show off my team

to bring this back ontopic: you can see how pokemon has evolved over the years. constantly adding new pokemans for us to catch, new tournaments to show them off in, new pokeballs, this series shows how to stick to a formula but yet move forward.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Yearly releases

Unless you can only afford X amount of games a year i don't see why this is a bad thing - Assassins Creed only got as big as it did with yearly releases and without them by the developers own admission they said it wouldn't get to where it was. Lets be honest, if most games knew they could get away with it you think they wouldn't?

MP requires essentially no skill

Play the Hardcore modes -HC HQ, TDM, S&D. Regardless, the Multiplayer is no less difficult to play compared to the other current FPS games being released. I've never bought into the 'this game takes more skill to play' argument. Maybe on a game such as Arma or CS:S where there is certainly a certain level of skill required CoD is no different from Battlefield.

Really gets stagnant with the repetitive gameplay.

If your not a fan of the CoD gameplay i can see why some would get bored of it. A quick look at my Steam playtimes, so not even including my 22 days on PS3 (CoD4) and 17 days on 360 (MW2) tells me i've played MW2 for 210 hours, Black Ops for 156 hours, MW3 for 273 hours and black Ops 2 for 90 hours - I don't think that's a sign of a game getting stagnant but then again, I enjoy CoD.

Developers tend to hold on the game engines for too long, not doing as much to make the games significantly better than the previous version.

While I agree it is about time that the made a new engine, the current engine hardly looks terrible. They do have a few tweaks here and there but in all honesty, CoD plays fine in the current state so the need for a new engine, while desirable, isn't something that is completely needed.

Teamwork is essentially nonexistent.

As I said in an earlier point, play the modes that actually focus on teamwork - if all you are playing is TDM then of course there is going to be little, if any, team work. If you play modes such as S&D, Demolition, Headquarters, Hardpoint and so on then you will see there is teamwork needed. Also, play with a group of people and you can implement teamwork - I've lost count of the amount of times i've been mic'ed up on CoD and there are others on your team with a Mic and you've been able to co-ordinate what you want to do. I've also lost count of the amount of times when playing a game such as BF3 when you are playing rush and half of your team is sat back trying to play Sniper Hero.

Game series seems to be becoming worse with time but sells more copies/makes more money every year.

Says who? The last CoD I wasn't impressed by was Black Ops and before that was World At War (due to me not liking the WW2 setting) to say each game is getting worse is nothing more than your opinion - While it may be shared opinion that isn't exclusive to you i don't think it is the popular opinion otherwise the games wouldn't be getting sold at the rate they are.

Some reason why not to like COD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    damn straight! im still trying to "Catch'em all"

fun fact about me: my go-to pokemon team: lvl 100 Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Charizard, Gyrados. thats how i rolled!
    just wanted to show off my team

to bring this back ontopic: you can see how pokemon has evolved over the years. constantly adding new pokemans for us to catch, new tournaments to show them off in, new pokeballs, this series shows how to stick to a formula but yet move forward.
    Too many legendary Pokemon in your team I never liked to cary more than one legendary, it would often be Lugia or if i had obtained one Mew. Otherwise i'm strictly Pokemon that I have caught and trained.
    Last edited by BBK..; 01-20-2013 at 17:36.

24. Likes Omar likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Assassins creed? First one came out in 2007 and the last one came out in 2012 and is called Assassins Creed 3 maybe my math is wrong but that is not 1 per year.
    Also the first one is boring as heck and putme off any subequent releases that was ever going to be made.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-20-2013 at 17:45.

Elite Sage
    Can't tell if you are being serious or not.

AC: 2007
    AC2:2009
    ACB:2010
    ACR:2011
    AC3:2012

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Too many legendary Pokemon in your team I never liked to cary more than one legendary, it would often be Lugia or if i had obtained one Mew. Otherwise i'm strictly Pokemon that I have caught and trained.
    with the exception of Mew, i caught, and trained,all those pokemon to lvl 100 across Red, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal. i traded them across as i moved on
    Mew got traded to me at lvl 30
    but this was my go-to team after all

i haven't played in years, but they'd usually sit in box 1 all by themselves. i always started again from scratch in any new region
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Ultimate Veteran
    i dont hate cod. its one of the best series ever made.

Forum Sage
    Yearly releases are a bad thing because developers are not able to take the time to ensure the game is the best it can be. Yes there are 2 development studios for the COD games but treyarch basically reused the game engine and other assets from the main developer (used to be IW, but things have shifted around) and really only change the content a bit.

When you compare it games that have taken a good 2-3+ years to develop the difference is clear.

Compared to Halo, COD requires much less skill to succeed at (regarding deathmatch). And if you look to older games like GRAW or the old Rainbow Six games the skill gap is even more apparent.

If a game requires essentially no skill to succeed at then what is the point of investing the time in playing it.

I have only played the MW COD games but going from MW -> MW2 -> MW3 there really hasn't been much of a change in gameplay. having the same base gampley for the past 5 years gets pretty stale, especially when it doesn't require skill.

Compared to pretty much any other headline shooter the graphics. physics, ai are dated. People are only satisfied because it is one of the few shooters to run at 60fps (even if it runs at sub 720p resolutions in order to maintain 60fps).

Due to the nature of COD teamwork in deathmatch type games is not necessary to achieve victory.

This is not the case in Halo, and definitely not the case in Ghost Recon/Rainbow Six type games.

Modern Warfare has an 94.16 average ranking at gamerankings.

MW2 has an 93.49 average ranking.

MW3 has an 88.36 average ranking.

If we look at the Modern Black Ops games.

BO 87.39

BO2 86.08

It was actually better when the black ops games focused on historical conflicts and not pseudo modern/future conflicts like the MW games did.

That was a significant differentiation regarding content between the 2 sets of COD games.

You can try to defend COD all you want but it has several obvious flaws that give people legitimate reasons to not like the game.

I'll even say the COD has stifled innovation in shooters due to its ever increasing success with less effort being put in. So everybody else is too busy trying to copy certain aspects of COD gameplay rather then innovating in their own way.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Unless you can only afford X amount of games a year i don't see why this is a bad thing - Assassins Creed only got as big as it did with yearly releases and without them by the developers own admission they said it wouldn't get to where it was. Lets be honest, if most games knew they could get away with it you think they wouldn't?
    Yearly releases do not build anticipation and frankly it's not enough time to "forget" the gameplay and miss it. Getting away with is not really a point in CoD's favour. There's games like GTA that could do it, but do not. Each game is much more distinct and hasn't worn the franchise out.

Can't tell if you are being serious or not.

AC: 2007
    AC2:2009
    ACB:2010
    ACR:2011
    AC3:2012
    Nothing compared to CoD's 9 releases this gen. Assassin's Creed has the advantage of actually feeling a lot different with each numbered release. CoD's evolution is much smaller, even with a greater number of games.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Thread Information