Latest PSU headlines:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    So who should be blamed? IW for making a game that everyone wants to copy?
    I never said they should be blamed. Nor did I really try to lay blame on anyone. "Copy the thing that makes the most money" has been a business principle forever. If you want to pick someone to blame, it's publishers that exert too much control on their developers and force them to "play it safe" instead to trying to do the next great thing.
    Last edited by Shibby; 01-22-2013 at 05:46.

2. Likes Sufi wishes they had posted this first.
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Items Linkin ParkUser name style
    Maybe its cause the fact that the age group of cod is all under the age rating. dunno..

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    But I don't understand this argument. They have made leaps just about any other developer this generation. If you sit down and play the first one and the one that just came out, there are some drastic changes. Are you going to tell me that GG, ND, creator of Gears of War and Bungie have done more improvements?
    I don't give those guys a pass at all. To me all the last halos is played felt almost the same. Same goes for uncharted. Black ops 2 seemed to me the only one that tried to branch out. The campaign was a bit better IMO. The online is also better IMO. But there are multiple problems mostly with online that are there that have been for quite sometime that seems like no attention is being payed to. Mostly i would say is the IW side of it that doesn't change. The game definitely needs an engine update. But I think is to late and might as well wait until next gen.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    I never said they should be blamed. Nor did I really try to lay blame on anyone. "Copy the thing that makes the most money" has been a business principle forever. If you want to pick someone to blame, it's publishers that exert too much control on their developers and force them to "play it safe" instead to trying to do the next great thing.
    Ok, my bad, you have to understand that everyone is trying to blame IW here so I thought you were doing the same. And good point, it's the publishers that are to blame for repetition and well that's partially IW's fault too as they have a choice to leave...while it would be a costly choice, it's still a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I don't give those guys a pass at all. To me all the last halos is played felt almost the same. Same goes for uncharted. Black ops 2 seemed to me the only one that tried to branch out. The campaign was a bit better IMO. The online is also better IMO. But there are multiple problems mostly with online that are there that have been for quite sometime that seems like no attention is being payed to. Mostly i would say is the IW side of it that doesn't change. The game definitely needs an engine update. But I think is to late and might as well wait until next gen.
    I know BO had issues, I haven't played BO2 yet so I can't say anything about the issues...as for engine, I agree that they need a new engine...but at what cost? Will we still have 60fps? Will the controls still be as smooth? (which has to do with 60fps as well).

How many other games are 60fps? Also, why is it that PS3/360 can barely run this game at 720p or sub-HD as it is...will a new engine really improve much? Of course, a new engine can improve things but my problem is if they can retain the frame rate, which is one of the biggest reasons I like the series.

And while the engine could be upgraded...is it really that necessary as BO2 looks pretty damn good to me. Up until now, I wouldn't have said that a COD game looked good but this game imo rivals with the best out there. The maps are small and they don't have to worry about vehicles but it offers you close-quarter combat like no other game out there...and for that, I think it's perfect for what it offers this generation.

So yea, you're right, it might be too late...I just don't think the PS3/360 can handle a new engine with the same advantages.

Thread Information