Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    The latest and greatest hardware is useless without proper software support.

I guess we shall see.
    lol ok. was jsut saying.

fyi - wp7/8 - by those who own them around me don't have the best updates either.

At least with Sony these days, they make it easier for you if you want to update yourself I don't back any one company, so I don't care. Unlike this pro-MS/windows $#@! you seem to bandy about the forums.

No offense, just calling it how i see it.

All these products are great, No need to take it personally.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    If by "NOW" you mean whenever the Sony Xperia Z hits; then that.

Seriously, I'd just wait for that. That's the best phone. SGS3, Nexus 4, Galazy Note II, iPhone 5 - don't compare to that phone.
    Might as well wait until may...the s4 octa will be announced. Xperia Z won't be any match at all. Samsung is where its at for top of the line smartphones.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Master Guru
    I don't know about the best but the iPhone 4S seems great and it's already out dated lol.

Forum Sage
    lol ok. was jsut saying.

fyi - wp7/8 - by those who own them around me don't have the best updates either.

At least with Sony these days, they make it easier for you if you want to update yourself I don't back any one company, so I don't care. Unlike this pro-MS/windows $#@! you seem to bandy about the forums.

No offense, just calling it how i see it.

All these products are great, No need to take it personally.
    Windows phone 7.8 is scheduled for a 1st quarter launch. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it around the end of Jan./Early Feb.

And last I checked there are a $#@!ton of android owners that got screwed over with a lack of updates.

Unlike most people I look at the long game. And I find it near impossible that Microsoft won't have a significant part in it.

Also somebody has to counter the anti microsoft $#@! you see around the forums.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    My list goes as follows,

Current.
    Nexus 4= Great phone at a epic price, best support you can get software wise and does fell like a nice bit of kit in hand.
    Samsung S3 = Great screen, nice android overlay, not a fan of the build but others seem to like it.
    Note 2 = as the S3 with the added bonus of larger screen and stylus, to big for some tho.

Incoming.

Sony Xperia Z = Specs look amazing, Full hd screen, micro sd slot and water/dust resistant (My Choice) end of feb release
    Samsung galaxy S4 = spec leaks look good octacore processor and full hd screen, no news on release.
    Motorola X = Buzz around the web says its Googles next release and should follow in the footsteps of the Nexus 4 build wise just everything upgraded, people saying june/july release.

Im going with the Xperia Z as i believe this could be the Handset that puts Sony back on the map in terms of quality handset development.
    New member of the PS4 club

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    download hd movies in a flash with the samsung galaxy s iii lte

Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    I don't know about the best but the iPhone 4S seems great and it's already out dated lol.
    Outdated by the iPhone 5...
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Outdated by the iPhone 5...
    lol yeah definitely.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    lol yeah definitely.
    With it's next generation NFC for mobile payments and 720p display...it's really the .....

And investors have shown their love, from $731 down to barely above $500 ....

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    With it's next generation NFC for mobile payments and 720p display...it's really the .....

Please clarify?

Administrator

That is one incoherent post.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    That is one incoherent post.
    No debunk with facts about it's 720p display (I forgot...it's a RETINA display -- what's that mean again?)...

And it DOES have NFC...a way to make mobile payments???

So it's actually not as advanced as some would like to believe it is. It's right about the same level as the last iPhone with a faster processor and some more camera MP.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    No debunk with facts about it's 720p display (I forgot...it's a RETINA display -- what's that mean again?)...

So it's actually not as advanced as some would like to believe it is. It's right about the same level as the last iPhone with a faster processor and some more camera MP.
    Sorry, I'm still a little bit lost - which phone(s) are you referring to?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Sorry, I'm still a little bit lost - which phone(s) are you referring to?
    The iPhone 5...sorry I wasn't more clear with it.

Administrator

It's more than double the speed of the previous iPhone, has a larger screen that's brighter with more color saturation, has 3 microphones instead of 2 for improved call clarity, has a higher MP camera with better low light pictures, better wifi, a brand new charging port, and 4G LTE. It's hardly the same. This is the biggest change to the phone in some time.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    I know the general public was demanding things like more microphones, because we can ALL tell that our old smartphones only had one or two mics. I know when I'm talking into my SGS3, I have people tell me all the time "dude, if you just had 3 mics, you'd be able to say things 3 times better than you do now."

Even with all that stuff you named, it still lacks in comparison to some of the mid-level android/Windows phones.
    I realize it's hard to face the facts, but the time has passed where quality was what made apple a great phone. In it's hey-day, it was once the phone of phones. Now it's just a severely over-priced piece of plastic with things that don't matter to the normal user. And not having the most common current technology just shows that they purposely hold-out things that people will use and want by the time a 2-year contract comes up from September 2012. Mobile payments will be huge by July/August 2014, and NFC will be a widely accepted and common form of using this feature. So why leave a key item like this out when it'll be so widely accepted, and available.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Even with all that stuff you named, it still lacks in comparison to some of the mid-level android/Windows phones.
    Meh. I agree with PBM.

Lets just say, unlike you, not everybody would chose a mid-range android/win phone instead of an iPhone 5, given the choice.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    It depends on what you want and what you will use. There is no best phone, some are good some are less good but it really depends on the purpose for which you are buying a phone.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Meh. I agree with PBM.

Lets just say, unlike you, not everybody would chose a mid-range android/win phone instead of an iPhone 5, given the choice.
    Well that's where marketing and cultural capital comes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    It depends on what you want and what you will use. There is no best phone, some are good some are less good but it really depends on the purpose for which you are buying a phone.
    Absolutely.

The best phone for someone might be the now dying old school Nokia-style of phone - with physical buttons and can last for weeks and weeks without charge.

It might be something like the Note II - who don't want to have a tablet AND phone so go with something relatively big.

Which is why I disagree that having Android or iPhone as the ONLY players in the market, is actually not a case of 'lack of choice' or a 'duopoly'. Simply because there isn't just ONE company making phones for Android, and there are multiple variations within manufacturers. Not to mention the iPhone comes out fairly regularly so that provides enough of an update for consumers.

If RIM or WinPhone suddenly fell off the planet; it wouldn't necessarily be the end of choice for consumers..

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Well that's where marketing and cultural capital comes in.

Absolutely.

The best phone for someone might be the now dying old school Nokia-style of phone - with physical buttons and can last for weeks and weeks without charge.

It might be something like the Note II - who don't want to have a tablet AND phone so go with something relatively big.

Which is why I disagree that having Android or iPhone as the ONLY players in the market, is actually not a case of 'lack of choice' or a 'duopoly'. Simply because there isn't just ONE company making phones for Android, and there are multiple variations within manufacturers. Not to mention the iPhone comes out fairly regularly so that provides enough of an update for consumers.

If RIM or WinPhone suddenly fell off the planet; it wouldn't necessarily be the end of choice for consumers..
    With Apple moving to a 2-per-year schedule, they already see that by the time they produce a yearly phone, they are so far behind with technology that it's nearly impossible to cram it all into a 9-month testing phase and get it produced/distributed in time for each showing in September.

I can't find much good in a company that uses litigation and patent trolls to try and make their market bend to their liking. It's crucial to allow innovation in something as diverse as the cellular phone industry.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Items Linkin ParkUser name style
    any phone thats not my phone..lol

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    With Apple moving to a 2-per-year schedule, they already see that by the time they produce a yearly phone, they are so far behind with technology that it's nearly impossible to cram it all into a 9-month testing phase and get it produced/distributed in time for each showing in September.

I can't find much good in a company that uses litigation and patent trolls to try and make their market bend to their liking. It's crucial to allow innovation in something as diverse as the cellular phone industry
    No neither do I.

Product-wise; I like them, (but don't necessarily use them,).

But that side of them is for another debate and thread; and I'm sure the "Applets" on this board will have something to say (though I don't know why; it';s obviously trolling).

At very current time Samsung S3, HTC One X and iPhone 4S are very nice cell phones to pick from.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Waiting for the Xperia Z.

S4 specs will trump it but idk when the S4 is out and I'm due upgrade in March!

Veteran
    S4 should be announced around March/April-ish and probably be out around May/June-ish so if your upgrades available in March I wouldn't upgrade right away. New devices are just beginning to be shown off around that time.

The way things are heading however, it may not be suitable for everyone if the speculation comes true and it indeed received a 5" screen. For now it appears the GS4 may be turning into a Note. 1080p 5" screen, S-Pen while the Note 3 continues to turn more and more into a Tablet with a 6"+ screen. Well see tho. For now its just rumors and speculation.
    Last edited by faaeng; 01-28-2013 at 16:08.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Thread Information