Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I may get S4 when its released. Ill need an upgrade soon but BB 10 isn't doing anything for me

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    S4 should be announced around March/April-ish and probably be out around May/June-ish so if your upgrades available in March I wouldn't upgrade right away. New devices are just beginning to be shown off around that time.

The way things are heading however, it may not be suitable for everyone if the speculation comes true and it indeed received a 5" screen. For now it appears the GS4 may be turning into a Note. 1080p 5" screen, S-Pen while the Note 3 continues to turn more and more into a Tablet with a 6"+ screen. Well see tho. For now its just rumors and speculation.
    Well if it's true the S4 details from samsung will be around March with a launch soon then I may just wait. It will 100% have better specs than the Z with both probably costing the same monthly

5" screen is just right for me so hopefull that's true. I hope the phone materials are of a high quality tho. That's part of the reason I'm attracted to the Z

Master Guru

to be honest there was a time when iPhone ruled the roost however you cant really go wrong with any of the top end smartphones.

id go for the Lumia 920 if you can though.....great looking phone.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Well that's where marketing and cultural capital comes in.
    Absolutely. And the fact that the iPhone 5 is a good phone.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    to be honest there was a time when iPhone ruled the roost however you cant really go wrong with any of the top end smartphones.

id go for the Lumia 920 if you can though.....great looking phone.
    Pretty much. Android hasn't really been worth a crap until Jelly Bean, now it's pretty darn good.

And I agree, the Lumia is smexy.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Pretty much. Android hasn't really been worth a crap until Jelly Bean, now it's pretty darn good.

And I agree, the Lumia is smexy.

Lumia range looks like special needs handsets with their ultra bright colors...$#@!in horrid.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Administrator
    That's why there's this little thing called opinions. :-0
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Lumia range looks like special needs handsets with their ultra bright colors...$#@!in horrid.

You realize you can get it in the standard black and white right.

Also a certain fruit company made a rather big deal about offering several of their products in multiple colors.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I think there are too many phones for their to be a clear cut winner. TO me, there should be best of Win Phone 8 and Android, and best iPhone of the last two years; or something like that.

You can pretty much go with the top 3 or 4 phones and not go wrong with it (if you had no preference of OS that is).

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

10. Likes MjW likes this post
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I think there are too many phones for their to be a clear cut winner. TO me, there should be best of Win Phone 8 and Android, and best iPhone of the last two years; or something like that.

You can pretty much go with the top 3 or 4 phones and not go wrong with it (if you had no preference of OS that is).
    Speaking of too many phones...

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/01/30/...te-rebranding/

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    hmm..

The OS certainly looks like a 'mixture' of iOS, Android, and WP8 - just looking at the status bar.

PSN ID
    shingi70
    The Blackberry stuff looks interesting but my next phone will probably be a lumia.

Hopefully the rumored 920 successor that should be shown off at MWC will get picked up by T-Mobile,

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/3/383...-aluminum-body

Also while I'm usually a black, grey, or white guy Lumia colors are awesome.

Administrator
    Eh... the new Blackberry has like zero support and 90% of its apps aren't even native. :/

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    The Blackberry stuff looks interesting but my next phone will probably be a lumia.

Hopefully the rumored 920 successor that should be shown off at MWC will get picked up by T-Mobile,

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/3/383...-aluminum-body

Also while I'm usually a black, grey, or white guy Lumia colors are awesome.

Not sure if they're the same phone, but the top one looks much nicer than the bottom Nokia.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    The S4 should be a 4.9"screen with 8-core processor. Saw some spec last week.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    The S4 should be a 4.9"screen with 8-core processor. Saw some spec last week.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    8 cores are pretty useless if nothing is optimized for it. At this point it's just bragging rights.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    8 cores are pretty useless if nothing is optimized for it. At this point it's just bragging rights.
    Agreed pretty pointless, well on a plus note ive just sold my Xperia S and nexus 3 ready for my upcoming Xperia Z cant wait.
    New member of the PS4 club

Elite Guru
    When are you getting it Marcsony?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    Gonna preorder later today and im told ill recieve it on the 28th of Feb with some free 300 headphones which is nice.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Elite Guru
    Yeah just checked that out mate. Those headphones look great lol and a sick incentive from Sony

Ugh I think I'll miss out on them though since my contract is up mid-April and Im guessing the free headphone deal won't last long! I'm so tempted to get one on a new provider and just pay for 2 contracts for a month lol

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    Yeah my contact runs till Jan on O2 but im paying up early i think. unsure how to do it tho should i just buy the handset out right or pay off my contact and move network. looking at 3 network at the mo hmmm

Option = stay with O2 get 1gb of data, spend 480 on handset and only got to wait till Dec for a new phone.
    Option 2 = pay off contract with O2 costing just over 200, take out new contract with 3G 69 upfront and 36 a month with unlimited data.

Confused lol.

From what i have heard phones 4 u will keep giving away those headphones for a short period after release. But that was just a rumor from a friend in store not fact.

Galaxy S3

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcsony View Post
    Agreed pretty pointless, well on a plus note ive just sold my Xperia S and nexus 3 ready for my upcoming Xperia Z cant wait.
    I've got an upgrade and I'm holding out until this comes out. This phone looks so sexy. Although My Iphone 4 is still kicking strong so not in a hurry so I'll probably wait for the S4 to drop so I can compare that and the Z. The Xperia Z looks like it is going to be a winner though.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    Just got back from town and had chance to spend 20 mins with an Xperia Z in hand. I must say its an absolute amazing bit of kit.

The screen is the best i have ever seen on a mobile (no problems with viewing angles) very responsive and great looking all around.
    The ports look loads better than on previous models like the Xperia S.
    It does have some weight to it but that's to be expected but feels great in hand.
    I liked the notification area gave decent option in terms of adjusting Bluetooth/Wifi and such.
    The overlay on the OS is minimal all the icons reminded me of the Xperia S but HD lol. It generally looks grown up.

Definitely picking this one up and for anyone who is unsure or just wants to have a look (in the UK) head to 3 store and take a look.

26. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcsony View Post
    Just got back from town and had chance to spend 20 mins with an Xperia Z in hand. I must say its an absolute amazing bit of kit.

The screen is the best i have ever seen on a mobile (no problems with viewing angles) very responsive and great looking all around.
    The ports look loads better than on previous models like the Xperia S.
    It does have some weight to it but that's to be expected but feels great in hand.
    I liked the notification area gave decent option in terms of adjusting Bluetooth/Wifi and such.
    The overlay on the OS is minimal all the icons reminded me of the Xperia S but HD lol. It generally looks grown up.

Definitely picking this one up and for anyone who is unsure or just wants to have a look (in the UK) head to 3 store and take a look.
    Awesome man! I like the sound of what you are describing. What is the projected release date? I'm ready to give one a test drive!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information