Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Awesome man! I like the sound of what you are describing. What is the projected release date? I'm ready to give one a test drive!
    28th Feb is what 3 are saying, Carphone and phones4u saying first week in March. Preordering most places online give the date as the 28th Feb.
    New member of the PS4 club

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcsony View Post
    28th Feb is what 3 are saying, Carphone and phones4u saying first week in March. Preordering most places online give the date as the 28th Feb.
    Cool thanks man! The S4 is projected to be some time in march as well isn't it?

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    Rumors say March 15 but again Rumor.
    New member of the PS4 club

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Cool thanks man! The S4 is projected to be some time in march as well isn't it?
    Yes and it will sport a 10" screen.

"The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Yes and it will sport a 10" screen.

Lol! Nice one.

Super Elite
    So guys after the Samsung S4, HTC One and Xperia Z have all been unveiled, would you guys still stick with your original choices? Just to get the discussion rolling again.

Dedicated Member
    The HTC One is a good handset overall, it's just that the 4MP camera won't be as sharp as an 8 or 13 megapixel one, but it's good to see more digital camera technology bleeding into the mobile space.

My personal favorite is the Xperia Z though, it looks simply stunning, has a great 13MP camera (Don't let the reviews fool you, that Exmor RS sensor is far superior to the iphone 5 or any other competing 8MP cameras). Unfortunate that it has a regular TFT screen instead of IPS+ or SLCD3 (Which the One has) so it has poor viewing angles and a lower contrast ratio, but the Bravia Engine makes up for the latter in photos and videos.

I personally don't like how the One looks like a cross between a One X and an iPhone 5, segmented designs are really not my thing.

I don't include the Galaxy S4 mainly because of its cheap plastic and pentile display.
    Last edited by PS3-The Ultimate Machine; 03-19-2013 at 12:24.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AshSteHol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3-The Ultimate Machine View Post
    The HTC One is a good handset overall, it's just that the 4MP camera won't be as sharp as an 8 or 13 megapixel one, but it's good to see more digital camera technology bleeding into the mobile space.
    My personal favorite is the Xperia Z though, it looks simply stunning, has a great 13MP camera (Don't let the reviews fool you, that Exmor RS sensor is far superior to the iphone 5 or any other competing 8MP cameras). Unfortunate that it has a regular TFT screen instead of IPS+ or SLCD3 (Which the One has) so it has poor viewing angles and a lower contrast ratio, but the Bravia Engine makes up for the latter in photos and videos.
    I personally don't like how the One looks like a cross between a One X and an iPhone 5, segmented designs are really not my thing.
    I don't include the Galaxy S4 mainly because of its cheap plastic and pentile display.
    I don't get these reports about poor viewing angles on the Z. I can look at mine at 180 degrees and the screen looks the exact same.
    KING OF POP
    1958 - 2009

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ash91 View Post
    I don't get these reports about poor viewing angles on the Z. I can look at mine at 180 degrees and the screen looks the exact same.
    Just what I've read in the reviews mate, but most users have reported great experiences, so I'll gladly take your word for it. I can't remember the last time I was so excited for a phone, the way that I am for the Z, alas it's priced wayyyy out of my budget, man can dream though.
    On a side note, have you done any HDR video capture on the Z? I know it makes a hell of a difference in low-lit photos, but most sites said that the difference isn't very pronounced in the videos.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by ash91 View Post
    I just wish Sony would get on the ball and release it here in the US. At least give us a date.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yeah the viewing angle complaint is a strange one, somewhat generic. I can understand it on a TV or a Monitor or something but for such a personal device like a phone who cares if screen quality dims at angles when you're going to look at it head on 95% of the time.

The contrast ratio complaint is fair enough though. If Bravia Engine worked throughout whatever was displayed on the screen then it'd be excellent but I guess it doesn't.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Yeah that complaint I completely dismissed thinking to myself that I never have to turn my phone to the side to look at it. Don't know why in the hell that would qualify as a complaint.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    S4 is a beast.. have the snapdragon version. May be picking up the snapdragon 800 version at some point.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    i have a S3, but everyone knows the S4 is the king of phones

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Administrator

Best Smartphone Now?

Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    but everyone knows the S4 is the king of phones
    If you're into horrible screen calibration/saturation, then sure! If that doesn't bother you, then it's a good phone. It has a lot of unnecessary options, IMO. It's light and easy to hold, though... but the battery life is atrocious and it gets hot as frack.
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-04-2013 at 14:01.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Items Final Fantasy Tactics
    Sony Xperia Z
    Or Nokia Lumia 925

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Loving my Xperia U, if you manage whats running it lasts me 4 days. The Xperia Z will likely be my next phone tho.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    but the battery life is atrocious and it gets hot as frack.
    My battery life is amazing. 7am I am at 100% charge. Around 10pm I am around 35%. This is with normal use, checking emails, watching some YouTube vids, etc.

Not to mention that Qualcomm released an official app to boost battery life even further. It is called Qualcomm Snapdragon Battery Guru.
    The phone only gets hot when you are playing games or running benchmarks. My phone is in a very nice case, so it does not affect me in any way.

Best phones out right now are the HTC One and GS4 in my opinion.
    Last edited by Lethal; 07-05-2013 at 14:34.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    My s4's battery life is great. Running a custom revolution rom atm..removed all bloat. Still amazed at the screen.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Apprentice

PSN ID
    CMac-19
    The S4 and HTC One are the best phones out right now. I like the HTC One because if the aluminum chassis but the S4 has a bigger battery. And the S4 has the best battery life besides the Razr Maxx which is old and outdated.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    My battery life is amazing. 7am I am at 100% charge. Around 10pm I am around 35%. This is with normal use, checking emails, watching some YouTube vids, etc.

Not to mention that Qualcomm released an official app to boost battery life even further. It is called Qualcomm Snapdragon Battery Guru.
    The phone only gets hot when you are playing games or running benchmarks. My phone is in a very nice case, so it does not affect me in any way.

Best phones out right now are the HTC One and GS4 in my opinion.
    Well I was using the crap out of it, so that probably didn't help.

The One has the better screen, though. And dat speaker system.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    If you're into horrible screen calibration/saturation, then sure! If that doesn't bother you, then it's a good phone. It has a lot of unnecessary options, IMO. It's light and easy to hold, though... but the battery life is atrocious and it gets hot as frack.
    I just got one and I love it. There is some unnecessary fluff there but the phone is great. The back does get hot at times but the battery life isn't that bad. I haven't had any problems with it running down on me and I live in a rural area where signal is sparse at times. That runs down phones really bad and its not a problem. My iPhone 4 would run down just from sitting around.

The color does look very saturated but they have settings to make it more natural. Not to mention that display is amazing! As well as that ridiculous camera. Not going to say it's the best phone on the market because I haven't had time with the One or Z but I think it's easily in the top 3 from that I've seen. Just an awesome phone.

Waiting on my Ballistic Aspira case to come in. What kind of case so you guys have on your s4. I made a thread about it but it got overlooked I guess.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 07-05-2013 at 18:48.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    I just bought my self a Sony KDL-55w905a TV, which entitles me a free Xperia Z phone, which is quite a sweet deal, since its the best gaming tv available atm

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvian View Post
    I just bought my self a Sony KDL-55w905a TV, which entitles me a free Xperia Z phone, which is quite a sweet deal, since its the best gaming tv available atm
    That's a cool deal.

Best smartphone

I think Apple iphone5 and lumia 920 are the best phones.
    Apple iphone5 has fast performance,good battery.and it is lighter than iphone 4S.

Thread Information