Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    Super Elite

Best Smartphone Now?

Hey guys, I am planning on purchasing a new phone in the near future, and I was just wondering on your opinions as to which one single smart phone has all the features of tomorrow and is great to use. I'm not really interested in the iPhone 5, seeing as I'm upgrading myself from an iPhone 3GS, and also because the iPhone 5 just looks like a longer iPhone 4S. But all your suggestions are welcome. I'm mainly looking at all features from screen richness, camera, usability, etc.

Thanks for the help guys.

Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm a fan of iOS and have had an iPhone from every generation so I'm used to them. If your not after another iPhone maybe the Samsung Galaxy 3, HTC One X + or the Google Nexus 4 could be worth looking at.

BBK. Tapatalking.

3. Likes Cyklops likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    iPhone 5 has one of the best cameras around. Even the 4S has an outstanding camera. I personally think 5" are too big and are not practical for the average worker. Younger people love these bigger screens for games and movies, but I use my phone for work. The 4" screen of the iPhone 5 is the perfect size and Apple just makes great products.

I do hate how Apple products give you almost zero custom options to your interface. If the screen size means nothing to you, then the Galaxy Note II is your phone.

5. Likes Cyklops likes this post
    PSN ID
    Jrodd87
    I debated for a long time between getting the Samsung S3 & the iPhone 5 and I'm glad I waited for some friends to get the iPhone before jumping into that boat. I love my S3 and I'm very glad I chose it over the 5. They both have their strong points, but, IMO, the S3 is the way to go if you're looking for a great phone. Especially since Apple is losing ground due to Samsung's strong movement and if anybody does not believe me, listen to NPR or research Apple's recent stock numbers and you'll see for yourself. All in all, the S3 is the way to go or get the Galaxy Note 2 if you have big LeBron James hands haha!

7. Likes Cyklops likes this post
    Super Elite
    Screen size is actually a concern of mine, and I kinda find the Nexus 4's screen size the apt size as of now.

Another query is whether I should wait out my purchase till March or April, to see this year's developments.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyklops View Post
    Screen size is actually a concern of mine, and I kinda find the Nexus 4's screen size the apt size as of now.

Another query is whether I should wait out my purchase till March or April, to see this year's developments.

The Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5S or 6, is predicted to be out by June/July. May want to wait till then?

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyklops View Post
    Hey guys, I am planning on purchasing a new phone in the near future, and I was just wondering on your opinions as to which one single smart phone has all the features of tomorrow and is great to use. I'm not really interested in the iPhone 5, seeing as I'm upgrading myself from an iPhone 3GS, and also because the iPhone 5 just looks like a longer iPhone 4S. But all your suggestions are welcome. I'm mainly looking at all features from screen richness, camera, usability, etc.

Thanks for the help guys.
    Lumia 920.

Very polished phone overall, no major detriments.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Windows phone? Not gaining much ground according to market share...

Right now, android is taking up 73% of the global market...while Apple(iOS) is lagging far behind and losing ground. Far as the system that you can truly customize and add your own personal touches to...android is it. You can customize it in as many ways as you want, and even more if you root the device and use a custom ROM.

GS3 running Wicked Sensations...and my wife has Gs3 stock.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    Windows phone? Not gaining much ground according to market share...

Right now, android is taking up 73% of the global market...while Apple(iOS) is lagging far behind and losing ground. Far as the system that you can truly customize and add your own personal touches to...android is it. You can customize it in as many ways as you want, and even more if you root the device and use a custom ROM.

GS3 running Wicked Sensations...and my wife has Gs3 stock.
    Going by that logic, Backberry should have closed up shop already and completely dropped the idea of the BB10 refresh.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Best smartphone right now? Thats down to opinion. Galaxy note 2 does it for me...s3 is pretty powerful also..dunno about htc..wouldn't buy any of their **** tho. I abhor their designs. Apple smapple....nothing about apple appeals to me...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Going by that logic, Backberry should have closed up shop already and completely dropped the idea of the BB10 refresh.
    And the new BB isn't taking off too well either,

http://www.forbes.com/sites/richards...m-but-it-wont/

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    xSoloWing--
    iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S3.

Thank You drive through.

Forum Sage
    And the new BB isn't taking off too well either,

http://www.forbes.com/sites/richards...m-but-it-wont/

BB10 hasn't launched yet.

Essentially you are suggesting that it is better to have a duopoly for smartphones instead of as many options as possible.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    I didn't write the article, I don't have stock in android, Apple, or Nokia. So I'm just putting the facts out about RIM.

Forum Sage
    I didn't write the article, I don't have stock in android, Apple, or Nokia. So I'm just putting the facts out about RIM.

I realize you didn't write the article, but to describe BB's efforts as pointless well before launch is foolish.

Does anybody expect them to succeed like they did in the past? No. But they may be able to carve a niche out for themselves instead of just disappearing into oblivion.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I've always owned BB's and still do. I have a Bold 9930 and love it. BB's already have a niche market. For example they are the phones given to use as "work phones" and its like that with a lot of big companies.

The new BB launching soon I'm not expecting it to really gain any market share. They just need to focus on the business crowd. I use my BB for my work, Business and personal use never has let me down.

Really comes down to what your going to use the phone for to help make your decision. I've heard good things about window phones never messed with one my gf has an Iphone 4s and my lil brother has an S3 I prefer the S3 over the iPhone

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I've always owned BB's and still do. I have a Bold 9930 and love it. BB's already have a niche market. For example they are the phones given to use as "work phones" and its like that with a lot of big companies.

The new BB launching soon I'm not expecting it to really gain any market share. They just need to focus on the business crowd. I use my BB for my work, Business and personal use never has let me down.

Really comes down to what your going to use the phone for to help make your decision. I've heard good things about window phones never messed with one my gf has an Iphone 4s and my lil brother has an S3 I prefer the S3 over the iPhone
    In case you hadn't noticed, their marketshare is dropping every month.

And you know you are in trouble when even the large and inefficient US govt. is dropping your product in favor of another.

It's only going to become worse when MS office becomes available on other phone platforms.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    In case you hadn't noticed, their marketshare is dropping every month.

And you know you are in trouble when even the large and inefficient US govt. is dropping your product in favor of another.

It's only going to become worse when MS office becomes available on other phone platforms.
    I wouldn't know about every month when those reports are only coming out Quarterly?

However I don't work in government by friends of mine do and they still have bb's when I was working as a public defender back in 2010 we all had BB's but that was a county job. Last time I went to an event thrown by private practice firms in area which was a couple months back they all have BB's.

I don't expect BB's to gain any market share but it would be best for them to focus on the niche markets that already own. A lot of employers are not going to pay for a phone they know your going to sit in your office and play angry birds or fruit ninja for hours. That's just counter productive lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSN ID
    shingi70
    Top 3 for me

nexus 4
    iphone 5
    Lumia 920

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I wouldn't know about every month when those reports are only coming out Quarterly?

However I don't work in government by friends of mine do and they still have bb's when I was working as a public defender back in 2010 we all had BB's but that was a county job. Last time I went to an event thrown by private practice firms in area which was a couple months back they all have BB's.

I don't expect BB's to gain any market share but it would be best for them to focus on the niche markets that already own. A lot of employers are not going to pay for a phone they know your going to sit in your office and play angry birds or fruit ninja for hours. That's just counter productive lol
    http://www.zdnet.com/ntsb-drops-unac...es-7000007775/

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...h-iphones.html

Dedicated Member
    Both of those are small customers. The major government customer is the US Department of Defense which is still going with BB10 as far as I know.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    Both of those are small customers. The major government customer is the US Department of Defense which is still going with BB10 as far as I know.
    I count 5 govt. agencies including the pentagon.

And I highly doubt any agency/company will move automatically to BB10 without extensive testing (even if they currently use blackberrys) and would likely find much better options from other platforms.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    If by "NOW" you mean whenever the Sony Xperia Z hits; then that.

Seriously, I'd just wait for that. That's the best phone. SGS3, Nexus 4, Galazy Note II, iPhone 5 - don't compare to that phone.

Dedicated Member
    I count 5 govt. agencies including the pentagon.

And I highly doubt any agency/company will move automatically to BB10 without extensive testing (even if they currently use blackberrys) and would likely find much better options from other platforms.
    They're probably testing already considering how close RIM works with governments.

And BB10 is already FIPS 140-2 certified, while iPhone isn't and most Android devices are not.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    If by "NOW" you mean whenever the Sony Xperia Z hits; then that.

Seriously, I'd just wait for that. That's the best phone. SGS3, Nexus 4, Galazy Note II, iPhone 5 - don't compare to that phone.
    The latest and greatest hardware is useless without proper software support.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    They're probably testing already considering how close RIM works with governments.

And BB10 is already FIPS 140-2 certified, while iPhone isn't and most Android devices are not.
    I guess we shall see.

Thread Information