Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I guess I will be defecting to both...again, lol.
    I'm still leaning towards PS4 next gen but I'll have to wait for more info.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    A MS insider told me that 8GB of RAM is needed for 720 so that 4GB can be used to run the ads. lol (just joking).

Ancient
    Guys its in the YouTube vid

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

PSN ID
    shingi70
    Wen Microsoft this gen and will probably go with them first this upcoming Gen. Especially if they have BC and my digital content transfer.

Really been impressed with Microsoft's recent directions (Xbox, Windows Phone, Windows .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    A MS insider told me that 8GB of RAM is needed for 720 so that 4GB can be used to run the ads. lol (just joking).
    wasn't there a patent a few months back which allowed MS and Sony to display ads in game? that will definitely require quite a bit or RAM

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Apparently the VgLeak is the xbox lite version. There will two or three versions of the Durango SDK.

http://semiaccurate.com/forums/showp...&postcount=324

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Apparently the VgLeak is the xbox lite version. There will two or three versions of the Durango SDK.

No, just no
    That is retarded, people are just grasping straws
    They are good specs, yes the PS4 is "rumoured" to be better, but thats just stupid
    Who would buy the Xbox lite, really
    Thats more dumber then the 360 with no harddrive

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    No, just no
    That is retarded, people are just grasping straws
    They are good specs, yes the PS4 is "rumoured" to be better, but thats just stupid
    Who would buy the Xbox lite, really
    Thats more dumber then the 360 with no harddrive

If you keep up and follow things there are are different versions pf the durango kit available to developers.
    Sent via Codec

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

Yeah there's no freaking way. MS could launch a separate TV box with gimped specs but that will segment the userbase too much aswell

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    No, just no That is retarded, people are just grasping straws They are good specs, yes the PS4 is "rumoured" to be better, but thats just stupid Who would buy the Xbox lite, really Thats more dumber then the 360 with no harddrive Sent via Codec
    If MS released an "Xbox lite" in 2013 and released the other in 2014 and Sony released PS4 in 2013 sales would definitely go in Sony's favor. Not to mention the higher cost of launching two separate consoles which would also fragment your userbase.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-23-2013 at 17:11.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style

that is misterxmedia.

the lone source of this 'super' xbox that would never fit in a console, never keep cool in a fridge, and be too powerful to be supported by the national grid.

seriously though, the guy is a chump. he has no evidence, and has been barred from the more technical sites like b3d for being a joke.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    @sith: i've kept up to date on these threads at least once a day for the last three weeks (bar the last day or so, where i've only browsed).

i've seen no evidence of different dev kits for a specific purpose. only alpha and beta kits, this is perfectly normal, and doesn't suggest multiple skus, let alone a super sku.

*edit: re mistercream/misterxmedia
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie (author and admin on semiaccurate)
    He is clueless and only seeking attention, trust me on this one.

-Charlie
    Last edited by J3ff3; 01-23-2013 at 17:40.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

PSN ID
    shingi70
    Dudes it been rumored for a while that MS would have top skis. One would be the full dbox and another a small low powered apple TV like box that only plays XBLA and TV content.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Banned

http://vgrumors.com/durango-592613220113.html

Durango to be backwards compatible and have TWO scaler chips?
    January 26, 2013 - Durango - Rumor
    We Say: Our source from our Sister Site has never let us down yet. We're leaning towards a yes on this one.

Source Says: (09:33:46) Source:: Something they don't mention, though, is the new box will have TWO scaler chips... and what's cool about that is the UI can always be 1080p, while in-game rendering resolutions can scaled to increase perf as needed... two dynamic resolution planes.It's nifty.
    (09:34:29) Source:: It'll definitely be BC... definitely. But, will every game work? Probably not...
    (09:34:29) Source:: It'll defintely be BC... definitely. But, will every game work? Probably not...
    (09:34:31) miDnIghtEr20C: nice
    (09:34:42) miDnIghtEr20C: OH $#@!!
    (09:34:45) miDnIghtEr20C: thanks for that tidbit!
    (09:34:4 miDnIghtEr20C: that's awesome
    (09:37:04) miDnIghtEr20C: how's perfect dark looking? still launch ready?
    (09:38:26) miDnIghtEr20C: kinect sports 3 maybe
    (09:38:40) Source:: I kno that Rare's other title is heavily invested in water simulation...it's pretty amazing to see what they've done.
    http://showtimeforfree.com/index.php...73194#msg73194
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 01-27-2013 at 16:13.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    In that conversation the source says if you like Hydro Thunder you'll like Rare's new game. And amazing water simulation? I loved Hydro Thunder so I'm very interested if true.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    The PS4 better have universal custom soundtracks.
    why? i get it for the $#@!ty casual games... but i dont want $#@!ing custom tracks playing over a score orchestrated for the game (like with FF and Nobuo Uematsu... would you mute that and put on your justin beiber album?) how many epic games do you really want to play your own music? all those monotonous sandbox games like GTA? fine thats great... but leave that option out of any AAA title that is produced on a grand entertainment scale. a games scored soundtrack can be just as important to the games atmosphere as anything else.

(do you go to the movies and wear you iphone headphones when you want to hear a different track playing than what was scored for the movie?... its ABSURD!!!
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    why? i get it for the $#@!ty casual games... but i dont want $#@!ing custom tracks playing over a score orchestrated for the game (like with FF and Nobuo Uematsu... would you mute that and put on your justin beiber album?) how many epic games do you really want to play your own music? all those monotonous sandbox games like GTA? fine thats great... but leave that option out of any AAA title that is produced on a grand entertainment scale. a games scored soundtrack can be just as important to the games atmosphere as anything else.

(do you go to the movies and wear you iphone headphones when you want to hear a different track playing than what was scored for the movie?... its ABSURD!!!
    Well, you do not have to use the $#@!ing custom music feature for $#@!s sake!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC

WTF? You don't have to use the feature if you don't want to.

Forum Sage

You are entitled to your own opinion as long as you understand your opinion is terrible.

Believe it or not but there are many gamers out there that want to have their own music playing rather than something the developers have decided i would listen to. Sure, some games don't need it but 9/10 times i want my own music.

That is something i truly like about the 360, you can play your own music when playing games. Perfect.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Never understand slow clock speed processors.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    ITs to do with Instructions Per Cycle (IPC) thesedays clock speed isn't a good way to judge the performnce of a CPU.
    Remember AMD in the early 2000's? their IPC was higher than Intel so they could run lower clock speeds and have the same performance as Intel this had the advantage of less heat and used less power.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megahertz_myth

But now the tables are reversed and it is Intel with the higher IPC and AMD CPUs with 4.5-5GHz are just about managing to keep up with 3GHz Intel processor.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-28-2013 at 17:53.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    power
    heat
    size

Consoles have STRICT constraints. Little too much heat you have RROD, too large die size, console will be thick and bulky, too much power draw is related to heat once again and will require expensive cooling and parts. And people will complain when the console costs more than $400

Super Elite

CPU has two threads per core so 16 threads. That's more than any PC has right now. As far as the BD read speed, so long as every Xbox 720 has a HDD the read speed isn't important since (unlike PS3), MS allows you to install the full game. That means you install the game once and you don't have to read from the disk when you're playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Eh.. To me this seems like some kind of watered down summary of the prevailing rumor(s) behind Durango so far. Additionally, the current opinion out there (based on whatever scraps of information people are getting) seems to suggest that the PS4\Orbis will be substantially more robust of a system due to MS skimping on hardware in favor of bundling Kinect 2.0 in every box.
    I would imagine Xbox will try to capture some of the casual market that has opened up thanks to Wii U's underwhelming performance.

MS are going to have to make cuts somewhere to do this using Kinect. Either in pricing/profit margin and hardware spec will take a hit. Most likely both.

Banned

so this guy posting on the Teamxbox forum has giving me something to think about as regards the Nextbox hardware.

The most likely rumors/leaks we have atm tell us with very few uncertain terms that Durango's graphics setup is wholly incomparable to Orbis/PC setups. Not because one or the other is dramatically more powerful, but because the former is geared towards a much more sophisticated, targeted approach to rendering and the latter is going for effectively brute force.

It is now clear why the various insiders said what they did about the flops and bandwidth arguments being worthless and about efficiency. The 'special sauce' is the entire design philosophy targeting the removal of highly redundant processing inherent in modern graphics engines in the first place.

Make no mistake, the DME's and eSRAM are most certainly NOT there primarily to alleviate DDR3 bandwidth issues, as we all previously had assumed. DDR3 was NOT chosen just to be cheap, it was chosen more likely because higher bandwidth was simply not needed and to help with the thermodynamics. Think about it like this...

Sony went with a largely off the shelf, simple design for decent power at reasonable costs. MS could have very easily gone with the exact same setup. But they didn't. They evidently looked at the obvious setup and opted to spend more money at higher costs engineering a very elaborate, highly customized architecture that will be challenging to manufacture. Why? None of that helps the OS or even Kinect stuff one bit as far as anyone has been able to tell. So even in purely gaming terms they opted out of the cheap, easy, straight forward approach. They wouldn't spend all that extra money and effort and risk if both their engineers and AMD's didn't feel it was worthwhile.

It's not about one magical piece of hardware to make up the bandwidth of Flops difference as a 'secret sauce'. Their ace in the hole is designing the whole architecture to be 100% catered towards virtualized texturing, robust tiling, virtual geometry, low cost post processing fx, etc.
    No. They aren't taking shortcuts, they are implementing methods for system-wide QoS options that otherwise can't exist with any reasonable flexibility. We were all thinking backwards on this. They didn't add this stuff to make up for any disadvantage against Orbis, which was super weak long after they made their design (circa summer 2012 devs apparently were livid about its weakness according to insiders). Their decisions were made long before that. You can't really use brute force to give devs both flexibility and retain system wide standards for fps/res. There has to be a built in method for handling that at the hardware level, which is what the display planes are.

It is no more a shortcut than not having it. The difference is with the display planes you save yourself processing power when ya don't need/want it as you can get DoF and other stuff for free and you don't get stuck with the entire frame at a lower res/clip. Modern games are going to all be using DoF of some sort anyhow, even if it's just in the background artwork. This is a more flexible, vastly more efficient approach that allows for QoS guarantees without significantly altering the actual fidelity of the stuff you are focused on in-game (foreground).

Hell, in theory they could take this to its logical extreme with Kinect 2.0 packed in and possibly even do their foveated rendering stuff (5-6 fold boost in performance). Hmmm...in fact, perhaps their reported performance gains in that study could guide expectations roughly for what these display planes might yield. I wonder how pared back those gains will be compared to that (5-6 fold). Starting to wonder if that foveated rendering stuff might be similar in implementation here. Might have to cross check that paper with the display plane patents tomorrow.
    N20, the 360 can't do that. Pretty sure this is the first time hardware has been used for doing the multiple display plane tech. Having it hard wired as an option in every box is a big deal.We aren't talking about rendering individual assets at lower res (or framerate, or HRD levels). We are talking about taking slices of what is being rendered and post processing them individually and blending/compositing them together for the final frame to be displayed.
    so still hope for Nextbox...
    http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread...4#post13885844

Thread Information