Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Ralph Nader Compares Video Games To Pedophilia, 'Electronic Child Molesters'

Ralph Nader Compares Video Games To Pedophilia, 'Electronic Child Molesters'

Former presidential candidate and outspoken critic of President Obama compares video games to pedophilia.

by IAN MILES CHEONG on 21st Jan, 2013

American politician and former Green Party presidential candidate Ralph Nader is no friend to videogames, referring to them as "electronic child molesters."

Nader compared video games to pedophilia last night at the Busboys and Poets' Peace Ball in Washington, as he decried the popularity of violent media. He held video game culture responsible for the recent shootings in Aurora, Colorado and Sandy Hook, Connecticut.

The politician was asked for his opinion on Barack Obama's presidential inauguration today, which he called an example of "political bull$#@!". Never one to shy away from sharing his

thoughts, Nader spoke out against the pageantry, which he said is filled with "promises [Obama] intends to break.
    "

“Tomorrow I’ll watch another rendition of political bullsh-t by the newly reelected president, full of promises that he intends to break just like he did in 2009,” Nader said. “He promised

he’d be tough on Wall Street, and not one of these crooks have gone to jail
    —they got some inside trading people, but that’s peripheral.”

“We are in the peak of [violence in entertainment]. Television program violence? Unbelievable. Video game violence? Unprecedented,” Nader said. “I’m not saying he wants to censor this, I think he should sensitize people that they should protect their children family by family from these kinds of electronic child molesters.”
    http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...ild-molesters/

Now i believe this is way to far in the quest to kill gaming and to put it in the league of Them people

iS DOWN RIGHT RETARDED, STUPID AND IDIOTIC
    Last edited by claud3; 01-21-2013 at 19:57.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    i admit games did touch me when i was younger but not like that

3. Likes Silvy likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    i admit games did touch me when i was younger but not like that
    My god that's clever.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

5. Likes Sylar likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    it really is a bit strong... I mean what makes one come to a point were you compare gaming to an act of complete evil

and on top of that, many will actually believe him and get even more attention on the statement he made... Making gaming yet again under the thumb of the law
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Guru
    So does that mean congress are going to start pursuing parents for providing age-rated games to their kids? You know, the people who enable this so-called molestation?

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Hmm...screw you Ralph Nader.

While I agree that parents should be more responsible matching appropriate games to their children (and yes I'm a parent)
    comparing games to child molestation is akin to a swimsuit competition being compared to rape. Idiotic.

Thread Information