Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Whoever releases their console first will most likely win next gen. At least until the consoles drop in half and people can afford both systems.
    Last edited by Lethal; 01-23-2013 at 14:44.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Whoever releases their console first will most likely win next gen. At least until the consoles drop in half and people can afford both systems.
    I agree - but I think more correctly, the 2nd console released cannot have more than 6 months of a gap after the first next-gen system is released.

I mean, I don't think it would necessarily be a bad thing if you're releasing anywhere from 4-8 weeks after the first one.

Master Guru
    I don't see anything wrong with not rushing to market. The PS4 is going to be a beast of a machine. If it costs Sony sales to release it without hardware issues and better hardware i don't really care.

Dedicated Member

Interesting.

Ancient
    I think you guys are confusing "announcement" with "releasing"

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post

Sent via Codec
    I was thinking the same thing, I bet both systems will release very close to each other...

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS

Sent via Codec

I am sure everyone is talking about releasing. Nobody cares who announces first. I know my post was about releasing the console first anyways.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Wtf sony!!! They can't afford to give MS another head start.
    I don't see why not. It's not like the Wii U is blotting out the sun, and it gives Sony time to make their SKU cheaper by scale. MS doesn't dictate what Sony does, sorry to say.

I think whoever announces the most exciting games will win the next generation. Price, scale and availability will not be an issue this time around.
    Last edited by Lefein; 01-23-2013 at 14:48.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    I don't see why not. It's not like the Wii U is blotting out the sun, and it gives Sony time to make their SKU cheaper by scale. MS doesn't dictate what Sony does, sorry to say.
    The Wii U is not a next gen console. It is a PS3 with a mandatory PS Vita.
    In Nintendo's eyes, the Wii U is "their" next gen console. To the rest of the world, Nintendo has always been a generation behind.

Whoever releases first, will almost certainly dominate.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Shouldnt matter who "wins", its about the games we get. Though I dont see Sony giving Microsoft more then a month or two this time around. Though in bringing up the Wii U, there new title from the people who made Xenoblade might convince me to get a wii u. o.o

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

11. Likes Admartian wishes they had posted this first.
    Ancient
    I am sure everyone is talking about releasing. Nobody cares who announces first. I know my post was about releasing the console first anyways.
    I think Sony will respond to MS's announcement
    Knowing what exactly your competition has planned when you are ready and are able to react to it is logical.
    And the systems are never truly finalized until a few months before launch
    Sony can easily up the ram or something similar if needed and release before or just after depending on their tactic
    If they announced now with date, price and specs that give MS the chance to make final decisions
    But people" not you" are assuming Kaz is saying "we'll let MS release first" which is not what he said
    He wants to see their cards, MS will have to call their bluff

Sent via Codec

Ultimate Veteran
    I think Sony will respond to MS's announcement
    Knowing what exactly your competition has planned when you are ready and are able to react to it is logical.
    And the systems are never truly finalized until a few months before launch
    Sony can easily up the ram or something similar if needed and release before or just after depending on their tactic
    If they announced now with date, price and specs that give MS the chance to make final decisions
    But people" not you" are assuming Kaz is saying "we'll let MS release first" which is not what he said
    He wants to see their cards, MS will have to call their bluff

Sent via Codec
    Yup! You can always up-spec, you just can't down-spec.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    The truthnis Sony is far behind MS in developement we may see the ps4 in late 2014 or warly 2015 . Laz will spin it with a lie saying theynprefer microsoft to go first so they cant copy them. You will think thaat sony has learnes from there mistakes when they launched the ps3 a year late.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    The truthnis Sony is far behind MS in developement we may see the ps4 in late 2014 or warly 2015 . Laz will spin it with a lie saying theynprefer microsoft to go first so they cant copy them. You will think thaat sony has learnes from there mistakes when they launched the ps3 a year late.
    No more Giant Enemy Crabs. No more Riiiiiiiiidge Raaaaaaceeeerrr. No more $600.

Team Green has a
    http://youtu.be/CpjMg7dusvM

next gen. I am all out of care.
    Last edited by Lefein; 01-23-2013 at 16:03.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    As some of you guys are saying, I'm leaning towards Kaz talking about the official revealing of the console.

I highly doubt that the ps4 will miss launching in the holidays allowing the 720 to have Call of duty exclusively for a few months.
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Shouldnt matter who "wins", its about the games we get. Though I dont see Sony giving Microsoft more then a month or two this time around. Though in bringing up the Wii U, there new title from the people who made Xenoblade might convince me to get a wii u. o.o
    Yeah, but which ever console "wins" gets the most T.L.C. (and not the music group) by 3rd party developers, just like the PS2 did over Xbox and just like Xbox360 got over PS3...

Ultimate Veteran
    It's pretty easy to figure out, in all honesty. All the tech demos and fluff that accompany an announcement can be made with a base-line specification. It's not hard to divvy out some of your base line components and then scale that with variable components as you ramp up toward actual production.

If Sony's spec is significantly better GPU-wise, like a lot of the rumors suggest, they could easily crash the party. Announce an anticipated title in your launch window and you can trollol all the way to the bank. I'm not saying that's Sonys plan, but you can't discount it as a plan. You can't just say launching early guarantees victory, especially in light of a certain current gen console possibly sinking to third place despite its head start. Just saying. Don't read any more into that than just what it is. I'm not starting a flame war now. Ain't nobody got time for 'dat.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I think Kaz is being a bit disingenuous like the article stated. Adding something this late in the game isn't that easy and sure as hell won't be cheap. I think he is just trying to soften the blow of MS revealing and possibly releasing first. Impressive specs are definitely important but that alone won't be enough. You would think that they have learned this by now. What I got from reading that little piece is that they are saying that MS will lead and we will follow. It doesn't come off as being too confident. Letting them reveal first doesn't really play into their favor so they should really stop pretending that it does.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 01-23-2013 at 16:24.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Sony will still pull in the most sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    It's pretty easy to figure out, in all honesty. All the tech demos and fluff that accompany an announcement can be made with a base-line specification. It's not hard to divvy out some of your base line components and then scale that with variable components as you ramp up toward actual production.

If Sony's spec is significantly better GPU-wise, like a lot of the rumors suggest, they could easily crash the party. Announce an anticipated title in your launch window and you can trollol all the way to the bank. I'm not saying that's Sonys plan, but you can't discount it as a plan. You can't just say launching early guarantees victory, especially in light of a certain current gen console possibly sinking to third place despite its head start. Just saying. Don't read any more into that than just what it is. I'm not starting a flame war now. Ain't nobody got time for 'dat.

22. Likes Lefein wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. I guess business wise that is what matters, but the most sales doesn't equate to the most revenue.

Forum Elder

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Of course they will, this gen was MSs best chance of beating Sony and they've held them off for this long which is an achievement in itself, but next gen we'll have less 3rd party timed exclusive bullshit which means it'll all depend on first party and price, and since Sony are probably just gonna go with blu ray again most likely we won't be looking at a $600-one-year-later situation again.

I know it means everything to you that MS dominates though so enjoy their early lead I guess. :S
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Of course they will, this gen was MSs best chance of beating Sony and they've held them off for this long which is an achievement in itself, but next gen we'll have less 3rd party timed exclusive bullshit which means it'll all depend on first party and price, and since Sony are probably just gonna go with blu ray again most likely we won't be looking at a $600-one-year-later situation again.

I know it means everything to you that MS dominates though so enjoy their early lead I guess.
    :S
    It hasbeen proven this gen that first party games doesnt move consoles. It going to come down which consoles has the best festures for there enjoyment and entertainment. The next xbox will come packed with a version of windows 8 and the Kinect 2.0 with the the augmented reality glasses maybe the killer deal for the system. No word as of yet what the next ps4 may feature.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Ancient
    I think the biggest selling game this gen is first party.

I dare you to ask

Sent via Codec

Thread Information