Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 77
  1. #26
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,440
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    79,766 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Whoever releases their console first will most likely win next gen. At least until the consoles drop in half and people can afford both systems.
    Last edited by Lethal; 01-23-2013 at 14:44.

  2. #27
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,078
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    44,401 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Whoever releases their console first will most likely win next gen. At least until the consoles drop in half and people can afford both systems.
    I agree - but I think more correctly, the 2nd console released cannot have more than 6 months of a gap after the first next-gen system is released.

    I mean, I don't think it would necessarily be a bad thing if you're releasing anywhere from 4-8 weeks after the first one.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  3. #28
    Master Guru
    TDbank24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,791
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    38,043 (0 Banked)
    I don't see anything wrong with not rushing to market. The PS4 is going to be a beast of a machine. If it costs Sony sales to release it without hardware issues and better hardware i don't really care.


  4. #29
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    264 (0 Banked)
    Interesting.

  5. #30
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,505
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    13,024 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think you guys are confusing "announcement" with "releasing"


    Sent via Codec

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  6. #31
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,853
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    150,527 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I think you guys are confusing "announcement" with "releasing"


    Sent via Codec
    I was thinking the same thing, I bet both systems will release very close to each other...

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  7. #32
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,440
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    79,766 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I think you guys are confusing "announcement" with "releasing"


    Sent via Codec

    I am sure everyone is talking about releasing. Nobody cares who announces first. I know my post was about releasing the console first anyways.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Whoever releases their console first will most likely win next gen. At least until the consoles drop in half and people can afford both systems.

  8. #33
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    107,327 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Wtf sony!!! They can't afford to give MS another head start.
    I don't see why not. It's not like the Wii U is blotting out the sun, and it gives Sony time to make their SKU cheaper by scale. MS doesn't dictate what Sony does, sorry to say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Whoever releases their console first will most likely win next gen. At least until the consoles drop in half and people can afford both systems.
    I think whoever announces the most exciting games will win the next generation. Price, scale and availability will not be an issue this time around.
    Last edited by Lefein; 01-23-2013 at 14:48.

  9. #34
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,440
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    79,766 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    I don't see why not. It's not like the Wii U is blotting out the sun, and it gives Sony time to make their SKU cheaper by scale. MS doesn't dictate what Sony does, sorry to say.
    The Wii U is not a next gen console. It is a PS3 with a mandatory PS Vita.
    In Nintendo's eyes, the Wii U is "their" next gen console. To the rest of the world, Nintendo has always been a generation behind.

    Whoever releases first, will almost certainly dominate.

  10. #35
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,605
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    19,930 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Shouldnt matter who "wins", its about the games we get. Though I dont see Sony giving Microsoft more then a month or two this time around. Though in bringing up the Wii U, there new title from the people who made Xenoblade might convince me to get a wii u. o.o

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  11. Likes Admartian likes this post
  12. #36
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,505
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    13,024 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I am sure everyone is talking about releasing. Nobody cares who announces first. I know my post was about releasing the console first anyways.
    I think Sony will respond to MS's announcement
    Knowing what exactly your competition has planned when you are ready and are able to react to it is logical.
    And the systems are never truly finalized until a few months before launch
    Sony can easily up the ram or something similar if needed and release before or just after depending on their tactic
    If they announced now with date, price and specs that give MS the chance to make final decisions
    But people" not you" are assuming Kaz is saying "we'll let MS release first" which is not what he said
    He wants to see their cards, MS will have to call their bluff

    Sent via Codec

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  13. #37
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    107,327 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I think Sony will respond to MS's announcement
    Knowing what exactly your competition has planned when you are ready and are able to react to it is logical.
    And the systems are never truly finalized until a few months before launch
    Sony can easily up the ram or something similar if needed and release before or just after depending on their tactic
    If they announced now with date, price and specs that give MS the chance to make final decisions
    But people" not you" are assuming Kaz is saying "we'll let MS release first" which is not what he said
    He wants to see their cards, MS will have to call their bluff

    Sent via Codec
    Yup! You can always up-spec, you just can't down-spec.

  14. #38
    Master Guru
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,498
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    14,631 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    The truthnis Sony is far behind MS in developement we may see the ps4 in late 2014 or warly 2015 . Laz will spin it with a lie saying theynprefer microsoft to go first so they cant copy them. You will think thaat sony has learnes from there mistakes when they launched the ps3 a year late.

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  15. #39
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    107,327 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    The truthnis Sony is far behind MS in developement we may see the ps4 in late 2014 or warly 2015 . Laz will spin it with a lie saying theynprefer microsoft to go first so they cant copy them. You will think thaat sony has learnes from there mistakes when they launched the ps3 a year late.
    No more Giant Enemy Crabs. No more Riiiiiiiiidge Raaaaaaceeeerrr. No more $600.

    Team Green has a
    http://youtu.be/CpjMg7dusvM

    next gen. I am all out of care.
    Last edited by Lefein; 01-23-2013 at 16:03.

  16. #40
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,453
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    15,345 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    As some of you guys are saying, I'm leaning towards Kaz talking about the official revealing of the console.

    I highly doubt that the ps4 will miss launching in the holidays allowing the 720 to have Call of duty exclusively for a few months.

    Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

    As of right now, F Destiny.

  17. #41
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,853
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    150,527 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Shouldnt matter who "wins", its about the games we get. Though I dont see Sony giving Microsoft more then a month or two this time around. Though in bringing up the Wii U, there new title from the people who made Xenoblade might convince me to get a wii u. o.o
    Yeah, but which ever console "wins" gets the most T.L.C. (and not the music group) by 3rd party developers, just like the PS2 did over Xbox and just like Xbox360 got over PS3...

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  18. #42
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    107,327 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's pretty easy to figure out, in all honesty. All the tech demos and fluff that accompany an announcement can be made with a base-line specification. It's not hard to divvy out some of your base line components and then scale that with variable components as you ramp up toward actual production.

    If Sony's spec is significantly better GPU-wise, like a lot of the rumors suggest, they could easily crash the party. Announce an anticipated title in your launch window and you can trollol all the way to the bank. I'm not saying that's Sonys plan, but you can't discount it as a plan. You can't just say launching early guarantees victory, especially in light of a certain current gen console possibly sinking to third place despite its head start. Just saying. Don't read any more into that than just what it is. I'm not starting a flame war now. Ain't nobody got time for 'dat.

  19. #43
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,959
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    61,772 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think Kaz is being a bit disingenuous like the article stated. Adding something this late in the game isn't that easy and sure as hell won't be cheap. I think he is just trying to soften the blow of MS revealing and possibly releasing first. Impressive specs are definitely important but that alone won't be enough. You would think that they have learned this by now. What I got from reading that little piece is that they are saying that MS will lead and we will follow. It doesn't come off as being too confident. Letting them reveal first doesn't really play into their favor so they should really stop pretending that it does.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 01-23-2013 at 16:24.

  20. #44
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,796
    Rep Power
    118
    Points
    69,155 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sony will still pull in the most sales.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  21. #45
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,853
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    150,527 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    It's pretty easy to figure out, in all honesty. All the tech demos and fluff that accompany an announcement can be made with a base-line specification. It's not hard to divvy out some of your base line components and then scale that with variable components as you ramp up toward actual production.

    If Sony's spec is significantly better GPU-wise, like a lot of the rumors suggest, they could easily crash the party. Announce an anticipated title in your launch window and you can trollol all the way to the bank. I'm not saying that's Sonys plan, but you can't discount it as a plan. You can't just say launching early guarantees victory, especially in light of a certain current gen console possibly sinking to third place despite its head start. Just saying. Don't read any more into that than just what it is. I'm not starting a flame war now. Ain't nobody got time for 'dat.

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  22. Likes Lefein likes this post
  23. #46
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,959
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    61,772 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Sony will still pull in the most sales.
    Maybe, maybe not. I guess business wise that is what matters, but the most sales doesn't equate to the most revenue.

  24. #47
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,948
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    28,374 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Sony will still pull in the most sales.


  25. #48
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,796
    Rep Power
    118
    Points
    69,155 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Of course they will, this gen was MSs best chance of beating Sony and they've held them off for this long which is an achievement in itself, but next gen we'll have less 3rd party timed exclusive bull$#@! which means it'll all depend on first party and price, and since Sony are probably just gonna go with blu ray again most likely we won't be looking at a $600-one-year-later situation again.

    I know it means everything to you that MS dominates though so enjoy their early lead I guess. :S

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  26. #49
    Master Guru
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,498
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    14,631 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Of course they will, this gen was MSs best chance of beating Sony and they've held them off for this long which is an achievement in itself, but next gen we'll have less 3rd party timed exclusive bull$#@! which means it'll all depend on first party and price, and since Sony are probably just gonna go with blu ray again most likely we won't be looking at a $600-one-year-later situation again.

    I know it means everything to you that MS dominates though so enjoy their early lead I guess.
    :S
    It hasbeen proven this gen that first party games doesnt move consoles. It going to come down which consoles has the best festures for there enjoyment and entertainment. The next xbox will come packed with a version of windows 8 and the Kinect 2.0 with the the augmented reality glasses maybe the killer deal for the system. No word as of yet what the next ps4 may feature.

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  27. #50
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,505
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    13,024 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think the biggest selling game this gen is first party.

    I dare you to ask

    Sent via Codec

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.