Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go

MMO Shooter Defiance Coming to PS3, No Monthly Fee

This April, fire up your PlayStation 3 and dive into Defiance: a massive open-world third person shooter in development at Trion Worlds. Today, we announced a full array of editions (and some sweet pre-order bonuses) but before we dive into that, let me give you a rundown on what Defiance is all about.
    Decades ago, arks that carried the six species of the Votanis Collective to Earth. Their star system had been destroyed and they needed a new home. Unfortunately, their peaceful intentions led to a planet-wide war that culminated in the complete destruction of their ships. Their great terraforming machines crashed to earth and the face of our world was changed forever.
    Fifteen years later, you take on the role of an ark hunter, a specialized scavenger who digs through the rubble of the fallen arks to uncover advanced technology, weapons, and other valuable loot. You have been hired by Von Bach Industries to find powerful ark technology capable of repairing our now broken planet. Armed with special abilities provided to you by your EGO (a nano-device that is injected directly into your body) you must brave the dangerous Bay Area frontier in order to find arktech. To survive, you will need to upgrade your EGO, increase your power level, and customize your weapons. To succeed, you will need the help of others. This is not a world where you can go it alone.

Defiance is a shooter. Defiance is an MMO. Defiance is a game where you can group up with your friends – be it two, three, or thirty, and traverse the expanse of a terraformed San Francisco Bay area. You’ll encounter thousands of players in-game with you. With your friends, and the folks you meet throughout the course of your journey, you’ll explore the world of Defiance and unravel the story that is entwined with a Syfy series (coming to TV this April).
    Together, you and your fellow Ark Hunters will take on Arkfalls: massive, dynamic events that unfold in the world at any moment and need dozens (or more) players to defeat them. You’ll happen upon Shadow Wars: huge competitive battles with up to 96 players duking it out. You’ll see these Shadow Wars unfold as you play through regular missions and can choose to jump in at any time (or watch from a hilltop, safe from the gunfighting but missing out on the spoils of victory.) We also have more traditional competitive maps for smaller skirmishes and, for those who enjoy co-op play more than face-to-face carnage, we have small group co-op instances where you and your friends can group up, strategize, and take down hulking bosses.
    Let’s get to the nitty gritty of today’s announcement. As of today, you can preorder four different editions of Defiance for the PlayStation 3. And to confirm, Defiance does not have a monthly subscription. Grab the game, jump into the world, and enjoy.

Defiance Pre-Order ($59) Bonuses Include:

• Outlander outfit helps you blend in with the locals
    • Iron Demon title lets potential enemies know you are not to be messed with
    • Retailer Exclusive pre-order weapon that gives you a leg up out of the gate
    • 3-Day XP boost helps establish you on the battlefield
    • Beta Invitation – get in the game early!

Defiance Digital Deluxe Edition ($99) Includes:

• Rare VBI Sentinel Shield helps you never let your guard down
    • In-game title: Badlands Drifter
    • Ark Infiltrator outfit – look good while crackin’ skulls
    • Hydra heavy weapon helps you bring the boom early
    • +5 Increased inventory space – don’t leave home without it
    • 30-Day scrip boost – more everything!
    • 30-Day XP boost – level up faster!
    • Lock Box – sweet random rewards!

Defiance Collector’s Edition ($99) includes the Digital Deluxe items and adds the following:

• Unique Defiance Collectors Box
    • CD soundtrack – from legendary composer Bear McCreary
    • Exclusive Art of Defiance book – unique stills and never-before-seen renders
    • Exclusive Hellbug statue
    • An official Von Bach Industries contract
    • Defiance Post Cards and stickers
    • Bonus “Making of Defiance” DVD
    • 7-Day scrip boost
    • 7-Day XP boost

Defiance Ultimate Edition ($149, GameStop Exclusive) adds the following to the Collector’s Edition:

• Exclusive Defiance Messenger Bag
    • Exclusive in-game title: Pale Wars Ronin
    • One Year Season Pass (All DLC)
    • 1200 Bits

Want to see more Defiance? Check out our latest co-op trailer or head to our YouTube page to see clips of both the show and the game.
    If you have more questions, hit us up on our forums, or check out our Twitter.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...tation.Blog%29

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Cool. This come out of nowhere. Curious to see how it goes.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Huh lookd cool.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Jeez, PS3 owners will be rolling in free-to-play MMO-FPS-RPG games this year!

5. Likes Fijiandoce, Ghost likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    ok this is $#@!ing awesome. I'll try Dust but this looks like right up my alley.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I'll try it since it's free but I would rather have more MMORPGs than MMOFPS'/MMOTPS'.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Overseer
    A proper MMOFPS would be too amazing but sadly hasn't been done yet. This looks cool too but I'd prefer more of a realistic war sim.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    A proper MMOFPS would be too amazing but sadly hasn't been done yet. This looks cool too but I'd prefer more of a realistic war sim.
    DUST 514 is your game then. :P

I've had my eye on this for awhile. I want to see how the reviews pan out though. Between EVE and DUST though, I'm pretty set MMO wise.

10. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    If you are able to play/have an interest in playing PC games it could be worth checking out Planetside 2. An MMOFPS (Can't get used to that acronym) with 2000 players per map. Though it isn't realistic. It has everything from infantry, vehicle and air support that are all player controlled. Probably best to think of it as a futuristic sci-fi battlefield with a bit more team-work.

It is a Sony, or at least a SOE, game so who knows, it may come to the PS3/PS4 one day.
    Last edited by BBK..; 01-22-2013 at 12:02.

12. Likes Omar likes this post
    Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    post apocalyptic world + FPS + RPG elements + people looking for Ark = feels a lot like Borderlands ...

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    DUST 514 is your game then. :P

I've had my eye on this for awhile. I want to see how the reviews pan out though. Between EVE and DUST though, I'm pretty set MMO wise.
    I'm keep my eyes peeled for that and will check it out once it lands but I'm thinking more like BF with MMO features...though I don't actually want BF with those features...I want something that's realistic like that. BF would annoy the crap out of me with its slow movements lol. Even like a third person shooter would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    If you are able to play/have an interest in playing PC games it could be worth checking out Planetside 2. An MMOFPS (Can't get used to that acronym) with 2000 players per map. Though it isn't realistic. It has everything from infantry, vehicle and air support that are all player controlled. Probably best to think of it as a futuristic sci-fi battlefield with a bit more team-work.

It is a Sony, or at least a SOE, game so who knows, it may come to the PS3/PS4 one day.
    You'd think Sony would've come out with a proper EverQuest sequel for the PS3...pshhh.

Yea I totally loved the trailer of this game...it's right up my alley, I do like sci-fi shooters like Halo and this looks something like that. I'm in process of building a new computer which will be for gaming but I wanna wait and see how long PS/Xbox will take to come out with the next iterations this May. Still though I wanna have a gaming computer because PC is becoming interesting again as these consoles age.

Seeing PlanetSide 2, it gives me reassurance that we have good things coming in next-gen.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTenth666 View Post
    post apocalyptic world + FPS + RPG elements + people looking for Ark = feels a lot like Borderlands ...
    Oh no no no I assure you my friend, this won't be anything like BL. There's a huge difference here due to player count and likely a true open-ended map.

PSN ID
    matt1y77
    Defiance looks good, MMO games seem far to rare for the PS3, so any that do come along are good news. I must say it looks a lot like Starhawk, and the M/P for that was a big disappointment.

@ Sufi I known what you mean about wanting a realistic MMOFPS. Why not A WW2 based game, KInda like MAG but without the $#@!ty gameplay, awful graphics and massive walk/run to get back in the action.
    Last edited by Ixion; 01-24-2013 at 01:17.

16. Likes Omar likes this post

Thread Information