Who remembers the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion “Horse Armour” scandal - 200 MS Points for a shield for your old nag?

Well, microtransactions are here to stay and, if anything, we’re going to see them more and more in console games. In the next couple of months both DUST 514 and Dead Space 3 will allow you to buy upgrades with your cold, hard cash.

We’d love to write an article about the Pro and Cons of micro-transactions, but we'd like to also get the input from the PlayStation community.

Please vote in the poll and let us know your opinion on micro-transactions, do you love or hate them?

Personally, I’m 50/50. When I do have the opportunity to buy something and don’t, I do feel that we’re not all on a level playing field. I kind of feel a bit cheated. I think if you pay full price for a game, it shouldn’t offer micro-transactions that allow you to improve your performance. However, in the case of DUST 514, the game is free-to-play, so I don’t begrudge spending £20, £30, £40 to tailor my Merc the way I want to without having to grind.