Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Nope youre ten lvls above were i beat game.
    Well I'm off to face Shadar at level 65 now.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by elite gamer View Post
    Well I'm off to face Shadar at level 65 now.
    You will waste him. Shadar was easy. Then again dinocrosus is a beast.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Finished the game, enjoyed it quite a bit. I plan to keep it but an considering selling it while its still got value then rebuying it when it's cheap and keeping the sealed copy in my collection.

I liked the game a lot, there was a good bit of cheese in the story but I still found it enjoyable. I would have preferred a more epic ending cut scene. Where's the party? What's everyone else doing? One other complaint, I hate it when they do post game content like this. "Oh hey, we're giving you a bunch of new stuff to do but we'll drop you off right before you beat the game." Wait....WHAT? I just beat that her and now she's back and everyone will pretend that nothing happened?????? Oh HE'LL NO, the story is OVER. If you want to have post game content, put it POST STORY too. If you want content prior to the final boss UNLOCK IT BEFORE THE FINAL BOSS!!!!

I don't care what the content is, I'm not playing it because I just finished the game and to go back in time to do some random crap is about the most anti-climactic way to finish a game. I finished it and left on a high note.

THE END!
    If I remember correctly people are aware you beat the White Witch even though you can face her again. Been a couple of weeks since I played because I'm so busy...but I plan to go back to it for the Platinum.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    If I remember correctly people are aware you beat the White Witch even though you can face her again. Been a couple of weeks since I played because I'm so busy...but I plan to go back to it for the Platinum.
    I didn't actually check on this. I was basing my assumption on the text that appeared on screen after completing the game and assumed it was not a huge lie.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    You will waste him. Shadar was easy. Then again dinocrosus is a beast.
    Well having Ester using her best healing spells when you take minimal damage from Shadar (Destroceros ftw) makes it a tad harder since I had to keep healing her but then just left her to die and solo with Destro. It's now a Catastroceos and just
    but now I have gone home and left my PS3 at uni so can't play for a month

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Finished the main story and did most the end game stuff. Stopped short of trying to get all the alchemy and 250 familiars. Grinding is not fun to me and I don't see the point in doing something on a game if I don't enjoy it.
    Overall I think it was pretty good but there were plenty of niggles that stop it from being one of my favourite RPGs.

Forum Overseer
    First time playing this. At Ding Dong Bell...just unbelievably beautiful and looks hand-drawn. I'm not even trying to get through all of it, just going around noticing the beautiful environments. This town looks so good and so lively.

Skyrim eat your heart out. Its storyline never felt nearly as good, graphics were good but meh frame rate and meh controls. Towns were awful and boring. Just the whole game was boring.

Square Enix, take a $#@!ing clue. Bethesda, learn from the masters! $#@! everyone else, long live Level 5! More like Level 5-mothafuckin-hundred!

8. Likes Itachi , Fon likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    First time playing this. At Ding Dong Bell...just unbelievably beautiful and looks hand-drawn. I'm not even trying to get through all of it, just going around noticing the beautiful environments. This town looks so good and so lively.

Skyrim eat your heart out. Its storyline never felt nearly as good, graphics were good but meh frame rate and meh controls. Towns were awful and boring. Just the whole game was boring.

Square Enix, take a $#@!ing clue. Bethesda, learn from the masters! $#@! everyone else, long live Level 5! More like Level 5-mothafuckin-hundred!
    Glad to see you're enjoying it. The game is absolutely beautiful and a perfect change in atmosphere compared to all the violence you see in gaming these days. I prefer RPG's with a worthwhile story, moving soundtracks and lovable characters hence why I'm not very fond of WRPG's. The only critique I have for, Ni No Kuni is the grinding that you have to do. Other than that it's a brilliant game all around.

Forum Overseer
    I don't mind grinding. I've done tons of grinding in WoW and many other games. I just don't want the game to be easy but it seems pretty fair so far.

It reminds me of DQVIII too much but far better in a lot of ways.

It makes me mad that people don't care about anyone other than SE and they freaking suck now...i was thinking...wtf was up with FFXIII they really lost it, haven't they...it was just awful.

Look at this game, it's simple, makes sense, nothing extraordinary but works! I'm engaged, that's all that matters. I like it when games keep it simple.

There are little additions to the game that makes me think they really really loved making the game and had a lot of passion. Such as all the different things you can do from the menu + the book and the journal. It's just all done so well.

This is, for me, so far, the best RPG since DQVIII, that was like...6 years ago? About.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    I'm just getting ready to head into the Miasma Swamp on the main quest line, but the walk through suggests minimum 60th level and recommends closer to 70th so I'm in grind mode. I'm only at level 52 or so. I really wish the evolved toko's outside Perdida where more common, this is gonna take a while.

Forum Overseer
    Wow...just little things about this game amazes me.

e.g. I love how when you level higher, most low level enemies will actually run away from you. This is awesome as it really takes care of the issue when you're in a low level and don't wanna fight as it's just pointless. This really is a good addition!

Also, I like the quest tracking system...not too intrusive and it really keeps you in the game. I also LOVE completing quests...wow, I mean, I never had this much fun completing quests.

For a couple of reasons, the merit cards which are actually FUN because they get you cool abilities or whatever. Secondly, you get SO many goodies! And I wouldn't care in just about any other game for goodies but this one because it's the "only" RPG I've "ever" played where even my most defensive strategy does not stop me from using items.

I've played so many JRPGs but this is the first one that I feel...is just perfectly balanced. In every other RPG, I'd always keep all the goodies that I ever got...thinking that you can never have too much...and then I'd just end up selling them in the end. It sort of always bothered me because it feels pointless to have those things if you're just going to end up selling for money.

DQVIII got it halfway right, in the beginning, you needed items but even that game, you eventually didn't. I hope this game keeps this up because it adds a whole new element that other RPGs don't have well balanced. So the goodies you get from quests fell awesome...as they are expensive to buy otherwise.

Also, I love seeing all those different cool icons for items...just love everything about the game!

I wish that jump had some purpose though, I honestly thought it was to get over some of those obstacles to get to hidden parts of the town lol was a little disappointed. One other little gripe I have is that I'm so used to western RPGs where your camera doesn't keep going back to the center when you're looking around...I know DQVIII had this too and Level 5 RPGs always have this camera reset thing...for newbies but I wish they had given us a choice as that usually makes my experience better since I look around a lot when I'm going around the town...I like to watch as I go.

Not a big thing but I see myself constantly moving the stick (so it doesn't reset) to look around while running. But overall, I love everything about the game. The fights are just right, not too difficult, not too easy.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Just arrived

14. Likes Fon likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Nice, enjoy the game. I'm having a blast.

I wish it had come out much earlier but what can you do. This game has regained my faith in gaming and humanity lol.

EDIT: One thing I'm having a difficult time understanding how you can take a brown arab, mixed with a white brunette and get an even lighter colored daughter out of that w/ blonde hair lol @ asians. You'll see what I mean once you get to it.
    Last edited by Omar; 05-27-2013 at 20:08.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Ni no Kuni is great and everything, but only in small doses for me. I can't deal with the grinding. I usually shut the console down before I make any real progress because of it.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    Ni no Kuni is great and everything, but only in small doses for me. I can't deal with the grinding. I usually shut the console down before I make any real progress because of it.
    Is that much further down? I'm having no difficulty at level 12. I mean, it's difficult but nothing i gotta grind for. I haven't grinded at all yet.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Is that much further down? I'm having no difficulty at level 12. I mean, it's difficult but nothing i gotta grind for. I haven't grinded at all yet.
    Maybe you're just better at it than I am. Every other boss destroys me and I have to do the whole grinding thing to kick it's ass. A little later in the game, you'll probably have to start grinding.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Forum Overseer
    Ah I see. Yeah, DQVIII was really really tough at points. Especially the last guy. Not like FF where you can just grind a bit and then succeed. So I think I know what you mean. I did however beat DQVIII at level 36 when I'd heard others beating it at much higher levels, I usually just rely on defensive strategies XD battles can get very long.

EDIT: Ooo crikey. There are some inaccuracies in the game. Arabs don't have names like "raj", that's an indian name. Even Pakistanis rarely have this name and we're the same race as Indians! for the most part.

Also, it's Tikka Masala, not Mahala lol. I can never understand why people mix up Indians with Arabs. Culture is completely different, religion is 85% different, language is completely different, ethnicity is completely different...I don't know what similarities there are except some arab countries have a good chunk of dark skinned people who may look similar to the western societies (but not to us of course). At the same time, majority of Arabs are some sort of Caucasians of one kind or another.

Majority of Pakis/Indians are dark skinned but do have some Arab/Afghani and thus western influences so you will see some people that are light-skinned and won't be able to tell that they're from the Indian subcontinent.

I don't care, it's just funny to me. People don't realize that there are much more similarities between countries like Afghanistan or Pakistan with the Arabs than India. Ah well.
    Last edited by Omar; 05-27-2013 at 20:52.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    I avoided grinding by doing my normal grind at start usually to get me familer with everything. When quest and hunta pop up do them immediatly. That is a good way to grind out levels.
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 05-27-2013 at 21:15.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Just played 2 hours (@ Ding Dong Dell). I used to give examples of how good naruto games looked but they always had some really nasty jaggies. I don't know what black magic lvl5 used for this game. Its gorgeous right down to the menus

EDIT: Just checked, this game is No#1 on amazon bestseller under Video Games
    Last edited by Itachi; 05-28-2013 at 06:45.

Forum Overseer
    Yea true. It looks really good.

I gotta say though, while the game's awesome...I think it spoils you too much with those nice anime cutscenes. After a while, you stop getting those and then it kinda feels forced a little. Not more than other RPGs thought but you know what I mean.

There's that epic feeling in the beginning and then it's like...no cutscenes? Not even in-game? No voice overs either!? What the flippin!

I would've loved this game as a smaller one but one that kept the cutscenes going the same way it did in the beginning. I can't complain as it's still better than all JRPGs out right now (ones that I like anyway) but the game "is" very simple and with simplicity, comes repetitiveness. The storyline is also somewhat kiddy...it starts out really really good but then it just becomes sort of dull. It needs to change, you know, suck you in, give you many different experiences...too focused on one goal...it gets tiring.

You'll start noticing that while it's cool that the map shows you where to go, it kinda makes you dull, you're not even thinking anymore, you're just following that so you can see the next part.

It's difficult because I can turn it off but I don't want to because I'll just get bored lol. Kind of a double-edged sword.

The cool thing is that the overworld looks awesome. Though you don't exactly get much chance to go wherever you want...I mean, you do but there's nothing out there to explore until much later I think. I'm at the point where I think I will be able to go wherever.

That's one thing I've always liked about JRPGs, the ability to just go around the entire map (with some restrictions). They spoon-feed you too much and the plot is too simple...it's fun in the beginning but then you get tired of hearing about it over and over and over and over again. They should give it a break and just forget about it for a little while. Let me enjoy the game.

The game is definitely difficult but I also see some errors in gameplay but most likely people won't notice it and they're not huge deals. One thing e.g. is how it's impossible to make your team defend/evade big attacks because they don't do it on their own...so you're stuck with a bunch of dummies that die during every boss fight.

I'm not saying it's not possible to keep them alive but honestly I've noticed that I do better when they're dead lol. I try to keep them alive but it's just too risky.

Another thing missing from this game are throwing weapons...why should I rely on MP to get long-range shots? Where are bows? Arrows? Almost none of the characters can tank while someone healing them...I've done it sometimes at certain times with certain bosses during the fight. You just never feel like you have it together, there's no harmony, it's a little random at times and you end up making dummy mistakes. I also don't like how your battle menu resets after every move. That is essential...especially if you're moving your character around a lot.

I'm still going to have fun and finish the game but it's like a masterpiece because you can tell how much time they spent but I feel like they should've focused on certain things more than others.

I much prefer the old fashioned turn based RPGs. The battle system is still fun but I think it's marred by some inefficiencies.

Overall so far I'm looking at an 8.5 out of a 10 rating. Maybe it'll get better later. Although I definitely understand the problems some people were talking about online.

Dedicated Member
    Yea true. It looks really good.

I gotta say though, while the game's awesome...I think it spoils you too much with those nice anime cutscenes. After a while, you stop getting those and then it kinda feels forced a little. Not more than other RPGs thought but you know what I mean.

There's that epic feeling in the beginning and then it's like...no cutscenes? Not even in-game? No voice overs either!? What the flippin!

I would've loved this game as a smaller one but one that kept the cutscenes going the same way it did in the beginning. I can't complain as it's still better than all JRPGs out right now (ones that I like anyway) but the game "is" very simple and with simplicity, comes repetitiveness. The storyline is also somewhat kiddy...it starts out really really good but then it just becomes sort of dull. It needs to change, you know, suck you in, give you many different experiences...too focused on one goal...it gets tiring.

You'll start noticing that while it's cool that the map shows you where to go, it kinda makes you dull, you're not even thinking anymore, you're just following that so you can see the next part.

It's difficult because I can turn it off but I don't want to because I'll just get bored lol. Kind of a double-edged sword.

The cool thing is that the overworld looks awesome. Though you don't exactly get much chance to go wherever you want...I mean, you do but there's nothing out there to explore until much later I think. I'm at the point where I think I will be able to go wherever.

That's one thing I've always liked about JRPGs, the ability to just go around the entire map (with some restrictions). They spoon-feed you too much and the plot is too simple...it's fun in the beginning but then you get tired of hearing about it over and over and over and over again. They should give it a break and just forget about it for a little while. Let me enjoy the game.

The game is definitely difficult but I also see some errors in gameplay but most likely people won't notice it and they're not huge deals. One thing e.g. is how it's impossible to make your team defend/evade big attacks because they don't do it on their own...so you're stuck with a bunch of dummies that die during every boss fight.

I'm not saying it's not possible to keep them alive but honestly I've noticed that I do better when they're dead lol. I try to keep them alive but it's just too risky.

Another thing missing from this game are throwing weapons...why should I rely on MP to get long-range shots? Where are bows? Arrows? Almost none of the characters can tank while someone healing them...I've done it sometimes at certain times with certain bosses during the fight. You just never feel like you have it together, there's no harmony, it's a little random at times and you end up making dummy mistakes. I also don't like how your battle menu resets after every move. That is essential...especially if you're moving your character around a lot.

I'm still going to have fun and finish the game but it's like a masterpiece because you can tell how much time they spent but I feel like they should've focused on certain things more than others.

I much prefer the old fashioned turn based RPGs. The battle system is still fun but I think it's marred by some inefficiencies.

Overall so far I'm looking at an 8.5 out of a 10 rating. Maybe it'll get better later. Although I definitely understand the problems some people were talking about online.
    You'll eventually be able to go where ever you want when you get a certain spell. You'll also get an option to get your party to defend.

Forum Overseer
    I knew about being able to go anywhere eventually but did not know about the defending...which is stupid because that should be the first thing you should get!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Got the ability to tame familiars last night.
    Also got forced to metamorph Mitey before learning his final 2 abilities (the lvl 50 one was basically impossible anyway)

So I have a Draggle ticket which I plan on making one of my main familiars. Is he any good? I know Dinoceros seems like a fan favourite, any other I should keep an eye out for?

Top 10 in every category

Oliver's form familiar, Mitey, is actually one of the statistically weakest familiars in the entire game. Mitey's third forms (Mermite and Dynamite) rank 5th and 6th weakest in terms of total stats. Dynamite (the most physical of the two) ranks only 113rd in terms of attack power. Ouch.
    Still wont part with him probably
    Last edited by Itachi; 06-04-2013 at 23:21.

Forum Overseer
    But are they looking at the overall picture? He might be faster than the ones that have more power. DPS matters.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    But are they looking at the overall picture? He might be faster than the ones that have more power. DPS matters.
    He's inferior in most stats that's why I read many players switching him out, although he is good enough to beat the game

Thread Information